The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name), The forum generates income from marketing, adsense, and membership. please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it.

Announcement

Collapse

For Sale

The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name). Please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it. The forum generates income from marketing,
adsense, and membership

See more
See less

pcm2.1 dvd navigation 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pcm2.1 dvd navigation 2010

Originally posted by gxprice View Post
    Thanks for this this Macgda, much appreciated I'm going to search for the multimedia update 2005 disk (I presume it's not the one that comes with the link posted on page 1 of this thread - i.e. with CD1 and CD2 updates as well as the maps?).
    Just to confirm that the CD1 I had (i.e. the CD1 and CD2 from this thread) didn't work (the CD2 was the one that stopped at 20%). When putting in CD1, stopping everything for a while etc., it won't recognise the CD as an update CD (or chooses to ignore it) and just starts the nav system as normal (and will ask for a Map DVD).

I also looked at the torrent you referred to Macgda, and pulled down the CD1 and CD2 from that. Same result ... I haven't done a bit comparison but they are probably the same CD's I had already.

So, long story short - does anyone have a link to this Multimedia update 2005? Alternatively, does anyone know how to "force" an upgrade using this CD1? I remember with my BMW that I could edit the disk image and change the version number thereby tricking it into upgrading ...

My current firmware/software is as follows:
    Version 3.3
    PCM 05024ED1 / 4705 / yes / yes
    NAV 00174412 / 4804 / yes / yes
    Current Map DVD is 04/2005 (Europe), car is late 2005 (I believe 2006 model as it does play MP3 CD's)

Thanks for any comments - getting frustrated with this upgrade - my Volvo and BMW and child's play to upgrade compared with this!

Best,

Gary.

Comment

To be sure to have well understood, you have downloaded the Multimedia Update 2005 Cds and they also stopped at 20% ?

Comment

Originally posted by macgda View Post
        To be sure to have well understood, you have downloaded the Multimedia Update 2005 Cds and they also stopped at 20% ?
        Macgda,

Yes, downloaded the update CD's and neither of them would even be recognised as disks that contain an upgrade (i.e. the system just started up as normal although requested a Navigation DVD when I tried to plan a route as a test).

This differs slightly from the other 2 Multimedia upgrade CD's I got - the first wasn't recognised as an upgrade CD but at least the second CD was and the upgrade started (only to stop at 20% as previously mentioned).

I've done a reasonable amount of disk burning in the past so am confident of that part of it (images I'm downloading are .ISO and I'm using ImgBurn to write out to disk). I'm using good quality CD-R's (and DVD-R's for the Maps) and presume this is okay at the moment.

Do you have a copy or link of the CD's that fixed your "20%" problem by chance?

Best,

Gary.

Comment

well if you want to test it before buying you should search the torrent porsche pcm 2.1 DVD navigation Europe Maps 2004 2005 2006 and multimedia update Cd's

My friend was in PCM 2.1 release 3.0, the MY update 2005 worked (after being blocked at 20% withe 2009/10 MY update), with this update you can use GPS map 2005, 2006 and 2007, but you have ton note that there is an other MY update (2008) which seems to be necessary to use 2008 map DVD (didn't found), and then, after the 2008 MY Update done, you will be able to install 2009/10 MY update and 2009/10 Map you can find at your dealer.

Comment

Re: pcm2.1 dvd navigation 2010 [resolved]

Originally posted by macgda View Post
            well if you want to test it before buying you should search the torrent porsche pcm 2.1 DVD navigation Europe Maps 2004 2005 2006 and multimedia update Cd's

My friend was in PCM 2.1 release 3.0, the MY update 2005 worked (after being blocked at 20% withe 2009/10 MY update), with this update you can use GPS map 2005, 2006 and 2007, but you have ton note that there is an other MY update (2008) which seems to be necessary to use 2008 map DVD (didn't found), and then, after the 2008 MY Update done, you will be able to install 2009/10 MY update and 2009/10 Map you can find at your dealer.

Just to recap and ensure those that try these upgrades are aware of a "potential" solution (at least, it worked for me):

As suggested (tx Macgda) I went back to the 2004/5/6 torrent and downloaded the whole thing instead of the multimedia update disks. The update disks did nothing (as the previous ones didn't) but the 2006 NAV DVD did ask to upgrade the navigation software! I did this and it seemed to work. I started testing it / driving around but the sometimes the map froze / other times, it wouldn't start up at all. I re-burnt the DVD and, several times, it was unreadable or just hung the system. I then went out and purchased some new DVD's of a different brand, reburned the DVD and presto!, it worked flawlessly. Moreover, I re-burned the 08.2009 DVD (from the first page of this thread I think) and, after a brief upgrade, it also worked perfectly!

After all this, it seems that the Multimedia upgrade CD's weren't really needed, the drive was just having a major issue reading my DVD's.

So, the motto is: Panasonic DVD-R's are rubbish in these Porsche drives and, All Hail, TDK DVD-R's

Hope this helps others since I couldn't find any reference to "recommended DVD brands" in some fairly extensive searching on the net

Gary.

Comment

As far I can see, I use verbatim (needed for other platform) writen in 2x without any pb, happy to see yout pb is solved !

Comment

Does anyone have this DVD for North America??

Comment

Hi.

I have version 4.0 in my PCM, the car is a 997 2008.
                  I´ve downloaded the files in this thread and I now have 3 discs, Update 1, Update 2 and the map dvd. I put the Map dvd in navireader and the question "Do you want to upgrade? Yes or No?"

What do I do now? I do not want to "downgrade" if that is possible.
                  I just want the new maps to work.

Here are some pics om my navi.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

You should accept the update
                    All questions should be directed through the forum
                    Private messages will be disregarded

Comment

Originally posted by gazo View Post
                      You should accept the update
                      Ok thanks. Do I need to use the updates discs 1 or 2? or is it ok with only the map dvd and accept the uppdate?

Comment

If your last nav dvd is last version before this new 2010, you can accept the update and after you can use new map.
                        If after the update you can use the new map the update disk 1 e 2 is not necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by turbox View Post
                          If your last nav dvd is last version before this new 2010, you can accept the update and after you can use new map.
                          If after the update you can use the new map the update disk 1 e 2 is not necessary.
                          I think that the version I have now is from 2007.
                          What to do then?

Comment

Update without problem, you have tha last dvd 08.2007 - 997 044 901 50 - 955 044 902 60

After accept the update you can use new dvd.

Comment

Thank you very much gpsunderground and of course your russian friends.
                              This thread was wery usefull to me. I successfully upgraded my PCM 2.1 v3.1 Cayenne navigation to version 2009. The navigation DVD worked fine and I didn't needed the CDs.

Comment

Hi,

I've checked my SW versions and found out that Entered is always "NO", whereas Found="Yes". This is the case for PCM, CD Changer, Navigation.
                                Do anybody know what this means ?
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X