X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carminat TomTom - (Re)Activation

Originally posted by itso View Post
    Hi,
    I make it everything, but on the final device say (no maps found).
    In step 13 I patch PNDNavigator whit "yDGpatch"
    In step 14 i use "EasyActivator5" (maps is Western_Central_Europe_2GB_850.2801)
    Please tell me where I make a mistake.
    Thanks
    Now it's work :-)

Comment

It is completely pointless to tell us that it is now working if uou don't tell us where you went wrong the first time
      That would make your whole contribution absolutely useless
      All questions should be directed through the forum
      Private messages will be disregarded

Comment

I don't know where was the problem, maybe in the maps, because at the end I only replace the folder whit maps (the same maps whit the same crack) and it is worked. This is the reason why I not explained in previous post.
        Thanks for the great job.

Comment

Sorry for the thread Revival, however I have updated the maps as described above and all worked fine however no I cannot use the TTS voices that were included with the origional Maps, all the normal Voices work fine. do I need to download updated voices or patch the voices as well

Comment

Originally posted by wx78 View Post
            HI,

I would like to remind you, how to add maps to this device. All I have written here, is from memory so, please, forgive me.

1. Backup your original SD Card in TT Home. DO NOT ANY UPDATES to TomTom at this moment
            2. Check your Device ID in TomTom Home (I don't recall where, but there is some system-information menu under help or somewhere else)
            3. Buy a new SD (or SHDC , but it is possible that SDHC wil not work; I've testes to SDHC Class 2 cards and they worked)
            4. Format the new card
            5. Insert the, new , formatted card in the car GPS. It will initialize it.
            5a. copy the LOOP folder from the new card to somewhere in your HDD in PC.
            6. Restore the backup from TT Home manually (TT saved it to TomTom diredtory in your Documents folder), without LOOP folder
            7. Update the new card in TT Home (maps, navicore, quick gps - whatever it found)
            8. Test if the new card is working by putting it in the car. It is possible that it will update the navicore in the device, if the orignal was old <this happened to me>
            8a.Reverse the LOOP folder from step 5a.
            9. Download the navicore (navcore_8841.453398.Carminat_TomTom.cab )
            10. Extract the navicore cab file somewhere in your computer
            11. Extract two ZIP files from CAB (in Install\DS_1) folder to THE ROOT OF THE NEW SD CARD
            12. Rename ~tsystem to ttsystem on the CARD
            13. Patch PNDNavigator (as in other TomTom devices)
            13. Download and patch your maps in the same as it is for other TomTom's (I've tested Western_and_Central_Europe_845_2645)

Enjoy!
            hi all!
            i have a problem:
            i can't patch ttsystem file with yDGpatch...
            the program write to me:

Error-np01
            Unable to complete operation
            Reasons:
            invalid <filename> OR already patched

please help me!

Comment

Greycat, you have to patch "PNDNavigator" file, not ttsystem.
              For info, I use Western_Europe_850.2817.
              Thank you wx78

Comment

I have edited the guide as I found an easier way to activate my Carminat device. I have tesed it on 3 cars (megane en 2x Scenic) and it has worked every time.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I have tried to reactivate Carminat several times, but without success. My car is Renault Laguna with TomTom Carminat, it is one month old. There was already 8841.453398 navcore in the unit's internal flash loaded. TOMTOM Home reported that there are no updates available for my device.
                  I have followed all the steps, but the system boots every time from internal memory. The SD card is recognized, the system creates loopdir on it.
                  How to get the system to boot from SD card?
                  thank's

Comment

Just patch the navcore and check if patched map will run.

Comment

I have patched the navcore with yDGpatch (PNDNavigator). I have used the same version of maps as on the original SD Card to be sure that the navcore can work with them. Used EasyActivator to generate the DCT's. But I get every time the result, that the device can't use the map's. I suppose it's therefore that the unit start's every time from internal flash. I do it similar on Go and OneXL device, they are working like a charm.
                      Must I wait some time when I turn off the Carminat? Because I think after turn off it's going only in standby. It's starts immediately after turn on.

thank's.

Comment

Originally posted by mihazjzm View Post
                        I have patched the navcore with yDGpatch (PNDNavigator). I have used the same version of maps as on the original SD Card to be sure that the navcore can work with them. Used EasyActivator to generate the DCT's. But I get every time the result, that the device can't use the map's. I suppose it's therefore that the unit start's every time from internal flash. I do it similar on Go and OneXL device, they are working like a charm.
                        Must I wait some time when I turn off the Carminat? Because I think after turn off it's going only in standby. It's starts immediately after turn on.

thank's.
                        Hi

I have the exact same problem with the latest navcore from tthome...
                        it worked fine with the older navcore... But that navcore was so old no 3D or IQ-route...
                        Last edited by gazo; 12th December 2010, 14:29.

Comment

I would like to ask for help.
                          The original card (tomtom Carminat) is no longer with you.
                          I learn to do without the original card?
                          LOOP how the folder is it?

Thank you in advance to facilitate help.

Comment

thanks for tips, for a renault megane gt

Comment

There is a new navcore (8.842). The approach is still the same
                              In case of any problems start with deleting the LOOPDIR directory.

Cheers!

Comment

The new Renault carminat tomtom live has navcore 9.844.

With no ttsystem and PNDNavigator.

There is a ttsystem.ib file.

Who can crack it.

Here is the orginal file ttsytem.ib.

9844.634510.Carminat_TomTom.cab downloaden

Greet chefke.
                                Last edited by chefke; 28th May 2011, 19:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X