Carminat TomTom - (Re)Activation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carminat TomTom - (Re)Activation

the download link does not seem to work...

Comment

Hello everyone.
      Here is the download link Navcore 9.844 tomtom.
      9844.634510.Carminat_TomTom.cab downloaden

Greet chefke.

Comment

Dear All,

I opened the file ttsystem.ib with explore2fs and extracted somes files listed below:

application.image --> wich use ??

softwareloader.image --> wich use ??

tlv_partition.gz -->> contain tlv_partition file (disk volume)

uboot_partition.gz -->> contain uboot_partition file = new bootloader (disk volume)

updatefs.gz -->> contain updatefs file who contain : some linux structure for bootloader update and some script (attached, i added .txt extesiion for facilities)
        contain also file: swl_beaumont_11_nav2_product_config.tlv with lot of information about structure of files in carminat tomtom. and which use of .image files.

userfs_partition.tar.gz -->> contain:
        Alls the basic pack for Tomtom to work, except ttsystem and PNDnavigator, but there is one file named rootfs.img which is I think the system file.

when I open rootfs.img with explore2fs I obtain the full linux structure (/bin, /content, /dev, /etc, /lib, /lost+found...)

How to patch it ? that is the question... the system verify the MD5 of file before applying update...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ozonzworld; 22nd June 2011, 03:23.

Comment

Originally posted by ozonzworld View Post
          Dear All,

I opened the file ttsystem.ib with explore2fs and extracted somes files listed below:

application.image --> wich use ??

softwareloader.image --> wich use ??

tlv_partition.gz -->> contain tlv_partition file (disk volume)

uboot_partition.gz -->> contain uboot_partition file = new bootloader (disk volume)

updatefs.gz -->> contain updatefs file who contain : some linux structure for bootloader update and some script (attached, i added .txt extesiion for facilities)
          contain also file: swl_beaumont_11_nav2_product_config.tlv with lot of information about structure of files in carminat tomtom. and which use of .image files.

userfs_partition.tar.gz -->> contain:
          Alls the basic pack for Tomtom to work, except ttsystem and PNDnavigator, but there is one file named rootfs.img which is I think the system file.

when I open rootfs.img with explore2fs I obtain the full linux structure (/bin, /content, /dev, /etc, /lib, /lost+found...)

How to patch it ? that is the question... the system verify the MD5 of file before applying update...
          do you have the md5 value somewhere? have you found the files to patch in the root image?

Comment

Originally posted by thekiwi View Post
            I have edited the guide as I found an easier way to activate my Carminat device. I have tesed it on 3 cars (megane en 2x Scenic) and it has worked every time.
            Hello,
            I try to read the attachment from message #22, but just get a blank screen. What is wrong?
            I also would like to know wether the procedure specified in post #1 works for TomTom Caminat only or also for TomTom Carminat Live (navcore 9.845).

Comment

Originally posted by reclame4141 View Post
              Hello,
              I try to read the attachment from message #22, but just get a blank screen. What is wrong?
              I also would like to know wether the procedure specified in post #1 works for TomTom Caminat only or also for TomTom Carminat Live (navcore 9.845).
              Any update on this ?

Comment

Will not work on a Carminat Live. Navcore 9.845 cannot be patched.

Comment

why? the 9.8544 it was possible to hack by a patched 9.845 and there is an official 9.846 released

Comment

Hi all,

I have a TomTom Carminat LIVE with the following:
                    [TomTomGo]
                    DeviceName=TomTom Carminat LIVE
                    DeviceVersionHW=beaumont
                    DeviceSerialNumber=
                    SDCardId=
                    DeviceUniqueID=
                    RamDiskVersion=20110128
                    BootLoaderVersion=557716
                    LinuxVersion=628172
                    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9844
                    ApplicationVersion=634510.500

VehicleBrand=Renault
                    VehicleModel=
                    VehicleOptions=
                    VehicleIdentification=
                    Can this version be patched ?
                    Any manual on how to do so would be great !

EDIT:
                    So i've taken the dive and opened up one of those pesky little buggers:

see the 3 pads above the marking SH_CPU - these holes are also present in the casing (behind the sticker) - so this was used in the factory to test(JTAG/UART) the hardware.

now we've allways been thinking of a actually USB connector or some sort.

What if the SD-Card slot also functions as an UART/JTAG port ? it's the only thing easy accessible and could talk directly to the Bootloader.

when sniffing trough the board also found a section called SH_BL (bootloader shield ?).

Well at least we know there no hidden connector... or that is of any use.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	15yygzq.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	442218
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by xtremegamer; 4th June 2013, 23:22. Reason: More info

Comment

I think Jtag should have more pins but the 3 pads can be an USB port (TX RX GND) assuming external power supply for the 4th usb pin, but might be as simple as non standard testpoints. SH_ may also refer to the cpu type which is some sort of ARM (hitachi SHxxxx)

Comment

Originally posted by hell View Post
                        I think Jtag should have more pins but the 3 pads can be an USB port (TX RX GND) assuming external power supply for the 4th usb pin, but might be as simple as non standard testpoints. SH_ may also refer to the cpu type which is some sort of ARM (hitachi SHxxxx)
                        The pads run directly to The shield there might be a controller for USB, but i'd doubt it. This would talk to CPU and checks Every component for QC. The SH_ is at every solderlining were a shield should be there are 6 sections:
                        GPS
                        Video
                        Tms
                        Rdc
                        CPu
                        Bl
                        I can upload The other pictures if you want?
                        Greetz
                        Xtremegamer

Comment

no I am happy with the already published ones it must be shielding then...

Comment

Hi all,

I was browsing rootfs.img today and found the following:

in init - jobs.d (gets launched every startup) - in that directory there are a few file called state_ | one of them being state_check_for_updates now this file also has a check if there's a "factory tool" present.

emits valid_update_found no_valid_update_found factory_tool_found

script
                            # Kick the watchdog
                            echo "" >/dev/watchdog

# HACK ALERT!!!!!
                            # If present, copy the sucide.dat file from internal storage
                            # to ramdisk.
                            if [ -f /mnt/sdcard/suicide.dat ]; then
                            cp /mnt/sdcard/suicide.dat /tmp/suicide.dat
                            else
                            rm -f /tmp/suicide.dat
                            fi

# Kick the watchdog
                            echo "" >/dev/watchdog

# Check if the update file exists on internal storage
                            if ttsystem_present; then
                            echo "SWL: update found"
                            echo "** INFO: writing bootloader version to /tmp/bootloader_version"
                            write_bootloader_version
                            sync
                            /sbin/initctl emit valid_update_found
                            elif [ -e /mnt/sdcard/ttntools/ttntool.sh ]; then
                            echo "**INFO: Found factory tool"
                            /sbin/initctl emit factory_tool_found
                            else
                            echo "SWL: no update found"
                            /sbin/initctl emit no_valid_update_found
                            fi

end script

console output
                            since i "understand" scripting but i'm not a linux guru nor script very well , could someone just for a test let say write a file to the SD(/mnt/sdcard/) with the ttntool.sh ? - if that's so we could "dump" most of the internal storage.

just a tought.

Greetz

Xtremegamer

Comment

Originally posted by xtremegamer View Post
                              Hi all,

I was browsing rootfs.img today and found the following:

in init - jobs.d (gets launched every startup) - in that directory there are a few file called state_ | one of them being state_check_for_updates now this file also has a check if there's a "factory tool" present.

since i "understand" scripting but i'm not a linux guru nor script very well , could someone just for a test let say write a file to the SD(/mnt/sdcard/) with the ttntool.sh ? - if that's so we could "dump" most of the internal storage.

just a tought.

Greetz

Xtremegamer
                              or was this option already explored and if so , what stopped the process ?

Comment

Hello all,

a little update:

made directory in sd-card called /ttntools/ i've made a ttntool.sh script with the following:

ls > output.txt
                                cd ./
                                ls > /mnt/sdcard/ttntools/root.txt
                                i've tried this altho , this didnt yield any result.

i tried 2 methodes - putting the sd in before boot and after boot when nav is running.

cold boot did bring up the hourglass longer then normal...

also i've found a little script called info_screen that collects most of the hardware specs and outputs to the console screen.

next step i'll take is execute the script and modify it so it outputs to a file instead of the console.

EDIT:
                                After again spitting trough the image is see there's a bluetooth service implemented, namely serial, this is started when the bluetooth is initiated at startup.
                                i'll try to pair my laptop and try to connect via putty via the virtual com-port if this installs correctly.

any suggestions are welcome.

Greetz

Xtremegamer
                                Last edited by xtremegamer; 11th June 2013, 08:53. Reason: More info

Comment

Working...
                                X