Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What System do I have?

Hi,

I am a little confused with all the different Carminat systems and I am not sure which one I have?

I have a Laguna 3 (58 plate) sport tourer dynamique. The CD that came with the car is V27 CNI2, but I also have the bluetooth. Does this mean I have a CNI2 or a CB-CD? Or are these just the same thing?

Thanks
    Paul

Re: What System do I have?

Originally posted by Slicker View Post
    Hi,

I am a little confused with all the different Carminat systems and I am not sure which one I have?

I have a Laguna 3 (58 plate) sport tourer dynamique. The CD that came with the car is V27 CNI2, but I also have the bluetooth. Does this mean I have a CNI2 or a CB-CD? Or are these just the same thing?

Thanks
    Paul
    it is a Carminat Bluetooth CD (CBCD), it just uses the same disc as Carminat Navigation Informee 2 (CNI2).

Comment

Hi, thanks for the info.

another question - I have heard there is an engineer type menu that can be accessed with code 4112 and that tells you version of SW and maps... Is that correct? I can't find how to get into that menu?

From what I have read, it seems to be navigation setting and then enter the code. I can't get this to work and if I try and enter the code it just changed the radio?

Any thoughts?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Slicker View Post
        Hi, thanks for the info.

another question - I have heard there is an engineer type menu that can be accessed with code 4112 and that tells you version of SW and maps... Is that correct? I can't find how to get into that menu?

From what I have read, it seems to be navigation setting and then enter the code. I can't get this to work and if I try and enter the code it just changed the radio?

Any thoughts?

thanks
        well your information is more or less accurate. to be short there is no service menu in CBCD. in CNI1 and CNI2 and other VDO MSxxxx systems you can access the system service menu from the settings, it has a dedicated entry to enter the code (4112 in renault systems and 6330 in VDO Dayton systems) , but there is NO such menu in CBCD. I am absoloutly sure because I have just finished the hungarian translation of this unit a few days ago and no related text was found in the menu text.

by the way the only way to get information about the current software version ('s date) is to insert a publically never released software update disc, on the other hand if you insert a map cd the system is going to tell you both the inserted and currently instelled (if any) map's name and version, eventually it will warn you if you would like to install an older version of the same map, so it is a kinda smart.

Comment

right so that makes sense. I have a CD with the map's so i assume thats the one that is loaded. Is the system software updateable as well then?

Comment

All this may be true, however in the SW 2.18 I notice the following entries:

Please enter PIN code to access the system.
            Please enter the current standby PIN code
            Please enter a new standby select a system function.
            You have given a wrong code.
            Code
            Monitor config.
            16:9 Monitor
            4:3 Monitor
            Sync in green
            No Sync in green
            Read I/O state
            Set I/O state
            TMC Diagnostic
            Demo
            To start a demo you need a home and a work address in the address book!
            To start a demo you need a home distinct from the work address!

This would indicate there is a Diagnostic menu only accessible with a PIN code

Although the software resembles the software of some of the VDODayton 5XXX models there is also ample proof it is meant solely for the CNI 2
            Last edited by gazo; 10th June 2010, 14:16.
            All questions should be directed through the forum
            Private messages will be disregarded

Comment

hmm,, that has confused me again then..

what is the link between the VDODayton and the CB-CD? Is it the same hardware?

I assume the sytem software is updateable then?

Comment

Do not misunderstand me! I was only reacting to hell's statement there is "no service menu"

Of course the SW is updateable.
                No one has even suggested it it would not be possible
                But the SW update has no relation to an engineering menu

Comment

ah, ok..

I was only asking about the SW as I wonder if newer versions will have full post code entry and better alternate route selections

Comment

The data in CARINDB, the main database on the cd only includes the postal codes in numerics only. There will never be full oostal code search since there are countires where also letters are used.

A separate Postal code finder is necessary with the map software, not the system software

Comment

ah right,,, yes I am in the UK and the post codes here are letters and numbers.... so is there a post code finder available to install to the map software?

Comment

Originally posted by gazo View Post
                        All this may be true, however in the SW 2.18 I notice the following entries:

Please enter PIN code to access the system.
                        Please enter the current standby PIN code
                        Please enter a new standby select a system function.
                        You have given a wrong code.
                        Code
                        Monitor config.
                        16:9 Monitor
                        4:3 Monitor
                        Sync in green
                        No Sync in green
                        Read I/O state
                        Set I/O state
                        TMC Diagnostic
                        Demo
                        To start a demo you need a home and a work address in the address book!
                        To start a demo you need a home distinct from the work address!

This would indicate there is a Diagnostic menu only accessible with a PIN code

Although the software resembles the software of some of the VDODayton 5XXX models there is also ample proof it is meant solely for the CNI 2
                        gazo, plese re-read my comment. i stated two things:

A, there is NO SERVICE MENU in CBCD
                        B, there IS service menu in CNI1 (nav4 nav5 nav6) and CNI2 and VDO MSxxxx systems

- the v2.18 software is for CNI2
                        - the photo I atteched was shot during the update of a CBCD

to clarify this thing i attach the original (english) text extracts with all the texts from CNI2 v2.18 and CBCD v2 (v17.12)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for clarifying!

A bit silly to find 001/0823 "Hinweis" in an English text
                          Last edited by gazo; 11th June 2010, 08:48.

Comment

Originally posted by gazo View Post
                            Thanks for clarifying!

A bit silly to find 001/0823 "Hinweis" in an English text
                            you can also find some french leftover in the english text, those entries are obviously not in use, so never displayed, but quite annoying...

Comment

I have a Renault Grand Scenic. Currently I am using CArminat Guidage Infromee SH1 version B27.
                              Anyone knows whether there is an upgrade/newer version/maps for this system?

Comment

Working...
                              X