Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VdoDayton PN6000 and SDHC cards

Hi!

Is it possible to update PN6000 to read SDHC cards,as i searched it is posible by updating Windows CE.Have anyone tried it? I have downloaded few cab files for this but didn't try to install them because i an afraid to brick my GPS.
    Is it possible to backup GPS rom so i can revert it if something goes wrong?

THX

Dejan
    Croatia

Re: VdoDayton PN6000 and SDHC cards

That is absolutely impossible
    There are no more updates for the system but you can run a variety of other software on the unit
    PNA-Navi ATMOS V2.3b & CLOSEDone V2.3b (All-in-one) - 11.02.2009 LAST VERSION ! BYE - VDO Dayton mobile Navigation - Forum pocketnavigation.de u. geo24.de
    All questions should be directed through the forum
    Private messages will be disregarded

Comment

Thank you for quick replay!

I am already using Atmos and Igo primo, but i wanted some extra capacity to put mp3-s and movies for my son to watch while we are driving. So you think it is not worth the risk to try this sdhc drivers. is there any way to make backup?

Comment

you can extract the CE rom from the firmware update files, but without a working card reader it is hard to restore the rom if something went wrong. I suggest not to mess with it. by the way you should get some detailed information of the method where you read that it can be hacked to support SDHC cards, but it is also possible that it just relies purely on the ground of speculation

Comment

it can read 4gb SD card on FAT32 Format...but its hard to find some...also im preety sure that Ur Primo doesnt work good because u cant put HNR files which doesnt have sence for pre-planning route,and on 2Gb u can't put new maps,not all of them...and they need to be there...yes U can download image firmware from their sites ver 1.7.4.2. its for PN6000 it work also with 1.7.3.2.(PN4000)...

Comment

Originally posted by IvecoDaily View Post
            yes U can download image firmware from their sites ver 1.7.4.2. its for PN6000 it work also with 1.7.3.2.(PN4000)...
            I think you should re-consider this (now useless) advice since VDO Dayton have closed down their web site permanently
            All questions should be directed through the forum
            Private messages will be disregarded

Comment

odakle si? ja imam sve za VDO...cita kartice od 4gb...al ne smije biti HC
              Originally posted by dbrda View Post
              Hi!

Is it possible to update PN6000 to read SDHC cards,as i searched it is posible by updating Windows CE.Have anyone tried it? I have downloaded few cab files for this but didn't try to install them because i an afraid to brick my GPS.
              Is it possible to backup GPS rom so i can revert it if something goes wrong?

THX

Dejan
              Croatia

Comment

Originally posted by IvecoDaily View Post
                odakle si? ja imam sve za VDO...cita kartice od 4gb...al ne smije biti HC
                a 4gb card is always HC, the only size is 2gb where you can both find sdhc and standard sd versions.

Comment

There are 4 Gb SD card ( NOT HC ) I bought for € 4,95 , Google with: platinum (Art.) 177106

Comment

Originally posted by Dakpanne1963 View Post
                    There are 4 Gb SD card ( NOT HC ) I bought for € 4,95 , Google with: platinum (Art.) 177106
                    Product Name: Platinum 177106 Secure Digital 4 GB SD Card

even if it is not an SDHC card I think the bottleneck is the 2gb limit of the wince5 sdcard driver...
                    sorry, but I don't see the breakthrough...
                    Last edited by hell; 24th May 2012, 11:36.

Comment

work fine with platinum 4gb...i found it in germany primo 2.0...with hnr and everything...only sometimes it says memory low ...that ill try to fix with sys.txt file...need to test it...

Comment

congratulations, if you have a source like a webshop or so you could link it here in case of somebody else wanted to source the 4gb non-sdhc card.

btw I think for primo 128mb ram is recommended so it should be fine with the pn6000 the only downside that you cannot use the DVB-T feature from IGO...

Comment

It seems that there is an new update for de VDO systems PN3010/PN4000/PN6000. If anyone has more info or want to share it, I would appreciate it.

Comment

can someone please give a link to the new firmware update, and cards!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X