Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phaeton 2004 V10 TDi, NZ

Hi
    I have just bought a car that originally came from the UK.
    I am looking to get the CD based satnav working in New Zealand.
    The main dealer who sold me the car told me that the satnav never worked for Phaetons or for Tuaregs of that era.
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Frank

system is made by vdo, the v19 bmw high disc should just work fine in the system. disc is available from the bmw topic. make sure you give the finger to the dealer next time when you drive past the dealership...

Comment

Re: Phaeton 2004 V10 TDi, NZ

lol, good one ))
      http://navi-guru.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi,
        Put AU_V19_HIGH onto a CD, but it just goes in and out of the navigation cd player every 30 seconds or so. I have also tried the cd from my wife's bmw x5 E70 from 2007, same result. I have also tried a cd with BMW Road Map Professional Australia 2014, with the same result.

Comment

it is definitely not compatible with professional but high systems. there is a chance your laser pickup is tired after like 10 years. btw you wrote the iso as image and did not extract it right? I just want to make sure your resulting disc is proper. let us know what you did so we can help. I am 100% positive the system is vdo/ vdo dayton compatible

Comment

Originally posted by hell View Post
            it is definitely not compatible with professional but high systems. there is a chance your laser pickup is tired after like 10 years. btw you wrote the iso as image and did not extract it right? I just want to make sure your resulting disc is proper. let us know what you did so we can help. I am 100% positive the system is vdo/ vdo dayton compatible
            Just found the solution!
            I forgot to burn the CD in Mode 2.
            Now works perfectly.
            Many thanks
            The previous owner (since 2004) would be quite annoyed if he knew...

Comment

hehe yeah.. discs should be on mode2form1 but with the latest releases manufacturers did not bother.. shame on tt and ntq too.. I have originals from both of them and the latest discs are in mode1 so older systems fail to read them. some can be helped with newer firmwares bur not all of them.... anyway glad that you got it sorted, now pay a visit to the dealer

Comment

Dealer got his information from VW New Zealand, so they are also completely in the dark.
                I wonder how many Touaregs are out there with suction cups on the windscreen

Comment

its always been like that. .. dealer sells something what they dont know too much about and pretty much zer0 aftersales support. the important customer is who buys the new car and earns the good commission to the sales person. ....

Comment

Hi again,
                    Now that I have the satnav working, does anyone have a good solution to replace the fixed Nokia telephone so I can get bluetooth?
                    Thanks again
                    Frank

Comment

I guess if there is ni BT in the headunit your best solution would be to get a BT adapter with a jack out and that could ve connected to to a phone in or aux in pretty much somewhere where the nokia cradle is going now..

Comment

Not too sure what you mean by the BT adaptor etc...
                        Last edited by michaux; 29th February 2016, 10:39.

Comment

Working...
                        X