Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mfd cd

Hi!

Anyone have the latest european version thats been out for MFD (1) i.e. the CD version?

Re: Mfd cd

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...09-2010-10CD-s

Comment

I read and saw that the newest cd's (2010-2011) are allredy out!
      Did anyone found them online somewhere so we could dl them?
      Thanks for your replay.

Comment

Re: MFD2 CD Version

Does anyone have maps for that type of navigation? -MFD2 CD I have tried
        Code:
        http://gpsunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?272-Blaupunkt-Travelpilot-DX-2009-2010-10CD-s
        and it does not work. The CD also wont read any bourned audio CD's, only originals. Have anyone the solution?
        Last edited by gazo; 5th June 2010, 11:13.

Comment

Re: MFD CD Version

Please note that if you want to ask something, you should not do this in an item that has no relation with your question
          • You have downloaded the correct cd's
          • Most MFD2 units from VW do not like copied CD's whether Navigation or Audio
          • There are only a few writers that can handle the writing of the DX cd's correctly and produce a legible copy
          • Some have tried more than 50 times without any succes
          Last edited by gazo; 5th June 2010, 11:14.
          All questions should be directed through the forum
          Private messages will be disregarded

Comment

Thank you for the answer! My writer works well on all(VW,AUDI;BMW,...) navigations. But there was also a problem with audio CD's. It wont read it.. maybe is the laser (pickup) bad in radio...

Comment

If the unit has a bad laser it may still read audio cd's but not necessarily navigation discs
              The method used for reading navi discs is completely different from reading audio cd's

Comment

I see... This makes me think I found an answer. I have tried to use Germany TravelPilot DX CD in a MCD Navigation system (says it is compatible) but the unit did not read it, it displayed the message: "Please Install the compatible CD with MCD system" (or something like that).
                Is this because the CD copy was at a poor quality and I should change the writer?

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by die View Post
                  I see... This makes me think I found an answer. I have tried to use Germany TravelPilot DX CD in a MCD Navigation system (says it is compatible) but the unit did not read it, it displayed the message: "Please Install the compatible CD with MCD system" (or something like that).
                  Is this because the CD copy was at a poor quality and I should change the writer?

Thanks a lot!
                  BTW, the car with the MCD system is from 2003 if this matters....

Comment

I use Verbatim cd's and I write on the lowest speed possible. For me that is 1x with clonecd. You can give it a try

Comment

Yesterday I've recorded for a friend with a MFD unit on a 2005 VW Passat a DX cd and it was necessary to buy a dry cleaning lens cd because is unit wasn't reading the original cd. After that, problem solved reading burned cd and the original!
                      Burned with Plextor PX-708A and Sony Supremas cd-r.

Good luck!

Comment

It is strongly advised never to use a cleaning cd in navigation equipment
                        The point is that the accumulated dust, fine sand and tar (smoking) together form a perfect lapping paste (abrasive) for the sensitive plastic of the laser lens.

Always use a Q-tip with a drop of isoprppanol (cleaning alcohol) and nothing else

Comment

Hi sorry if this has been answered but believe me i've tried to google it but no luck. either no noob guide or nothing.

is there a way to install new maps (doesnt need to be v7) to Skoda MFD2 CDversion?

i've bought it and month later they've switched to dvd version and i can't get CD for slovakia ... it is updated only on DVD
                          Last edited by gazo; 9th January 2011, 13:53.

Comment

You may have been searching but it is still annoying to post in a DVD item with a question on CD navigation
                            There are at least 6 items on this forum stating that the obsolete TravelPilot DX cd's do not cover Eastern Europe and never will
                            Except Poland and Czech Republic

Comment

yes i've found this thread but it states. MFD CD and i have unit MFD2 CD

Comment

Working...
                              X