Help updating Nuvi 265W maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help updating Nuvi 265W maps

I'm new to the Garmin world and in general it's been a while since the last time I updated the maps on a GPS and it was a TomTom, I saw the "how to" forum but it is confusing as I can see on the download map section several different files and not sure which apply to my device and which to newer more advance devices, please any help would be highly appreciated.

Manu1

It's simple device - you can use any unlocked map from https://gpsunderground.com/forum/for...ms/garmin-maps . If you do not know "how to" - here -> https://gpsunderground.com/forum/for...on-your-device is a good totorial that will help you in this case.

WBR, DebeliaMark, BG

Comment

Thank you debeliamark I think I can do it, let me just ask you on the maps section for the region I need I can see several different files to download: MS lock, ImgUn, 3DUn, D3478230A_JVC_nuvi 40-50, JVC, SID, etc, etc. Which is the one I need? I need to replace the “gmapprom” file please tell me which one, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Manu1 View Post
        Thank you debeliamark I think I can do it, let me just ask you on the maps section for the region I need I can see several different files to download: MS lock, ImgUn, 3DUn, D3478230A_JVC_nuvi 40-50, JVC, SID, etc, etc. Which is the one I need? I need to replace the “gmapprom” file please tell me which one, thanks.
        It's enough unlocked *.img files in your case [re]named as gmapprom.img [ or if you need more that one ] second [re]named as gmapsupp.img

Comment

Ok, I got the .img file and after it was unzipped it is 2.7 gig and the memory on my device is short of 2 gig, so I've got a SD card and formatted as described on the procedures and then create a folder named "map" I saved the file and renamed gmapsupp.img, ejected and put it on the device but the device is not reading the file, what am I doing wrong?

Comment

Your device can't use a "Map" folder either on device or SD. With latest firmware you can have 2 maps in a "Garmin" root folder on SD, named gmapsupp.img and gmapsup1.img ONLY.

Comment

So, I deleted the map folder and the file is in the root folder, it is named gmapsupp.img, still is not reading the map and it doesn't list on the map list, the firmware version is 7.8

Comment

Originally posted by Manu1 View Post
                So, I deleted the map folder and the file is in the root folder, it is named gmapsupp.img ...
                Put the unlocked gmapsupp.img to the "Garmin" folder of your SD card.
                Note: SD memory card size limitation for your device is 8 GB.

Comment

I was using a 16 gig card and as soon as I save the map to a 8 gig card now I can see the latest map being recognized!!! I'm all set thank you guys!!

Comment

If a large card doesn't work rather than move the IMG file to a smaller card you can always simply shrink the partition down to 4GB or 8GB as required and leave the rest unallocated. That will even work with a 64GB> SDXC reformatted in FAT32 and some later devices such as 1xxx series onwards don't even need the smaller partition, they just can't read exFAT.

Comment

Working...
                    X