Garmin Bluecharts Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Bluecharts Issues

I was looking for GARMIN US RECREATIONAL LAKES FISHING HOT SPOTS for a week now,is there any one that has a copy of this,i will like to do some lake fishing for a change more so now that we have that oil navegating the Golf and we are in Florida.
    Thanks a lot for your help
    Trobador

[solved] Help appreciated - Bluechart Americas

Hi
    Thanks to all for being back on-line.
    Does anyone have Bluechart Americas 2008.5 ( I think this was the last version for BC ?) - map code would be appreciated too.
    Thanks
    Jeff

Comment

Re: Help appreciated - Bluechart Americas

here you find, what you are looking for,
      all maps are unlocked, so you need no code

Comment

Re: Garmin us recreational lakes fishing hot spots

Credit to Catymore

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...hing-Hot-Spots

Comment

Which BlueCharts work with Mobile XP (PPC)

Can you tell me which version of BlueChart work with Mobile XP under WM 6.1

Comment

Re: Which BlueCharts work with Mobile XP (PPC)

BlueCharts only work korrektly with marine-chartplotters and outdoor-devices with marine-mode.

All others (nuvi, mobileXT, mobileXP...) have display-errors, like wrong deepness-coloring, wrong symbols of navigation marks etc.

Comment

Problem with Garmin BlueChart install

I have a Garmin 755T. When I install:

Garmin BlueChart G2Vision - HXUS039R - Entire Us (v11.00) - Unlocked

To my SD card and reboot, I have 2 maps labeled HXUS039R in my list of available maps.

This does not seem right. Any ideas what I am doing wrong if anything?

Comment

Re: Problem with Garmin BlueChart install

It is not wrong, bluecharts have always two entrys - one for the map and one for the marine-services.

Comment

Garmin Bluecharts Issues

hello all , i downloaded a bluechart for norway which was unlocked, i stuck it on a mini sd card and it works a treat on my oregon 450 , however i find the screen really small and woudl be nice to do some research into fishing spots on the pc, is there anyway to view the map on the pc and pick spots to enter on my oregon. also is there a view that will tell me what all the symbols mean on the chart like the plus signs etc.
                  thanks in advance to any help .

Comment

re: Garmin Bluecharts Issues

Bluechats use mapsource to view after installation.
                    G2 vision use homeport to view

Comment

i have got mapsource 6.16.2 special installed on the pc and i have the GMAPSUPP.IMG file on the pc and i cant seem to add it to mapsource, can you help in instructing me how to get the maps on mapsource please.

Thanks again

Comment

Split the img file using gmaptool to mapsource install files.
                        A Dos Batch will be created.
                        Find gmaptool in Garmin Tools and Tweaks thread

Comment

i just downloaded the gmaptool is there a tutorial on how to do all this, i only have mapsource install and the gmapsupp.img file do i need anythign else.

Comment

is there a step by step tutorial by any chance , i cant seem to find one

any help appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by sibow View Post
                              hello all , i downloaded a bluechart for norway which was unlocked, i stuck it on a mini sd card and it works a treat on my oregon 450 , however i find the screen really small and woudl be nice to do some research into fishing spots on the pc, is there anyway to view the map on the pc and pick spots to enter on my oregon. also is there a view that will tell me what all the symbols mean on the chart like the plus signs etc.
                              thanks in advance to any help .
                              Sibow,

The easy way to do that, is to buy - or download - Garmin HomePort (it is like basecamp and mapsource, but for charts)
                              If you insert a pendrive or a SDcard with a directory and archive named \GARMIN\gmapsupp.img (being gmapsupp.img a given name for the chart of your choice), you will be able to see everything on pc, it is very nice.

Garmin HomePort v2.0.4.0

Code:
                              http://www8.garmin.com/gcdfiles/HomePort_204.exe
                              Code:
                              https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=64242&ra=true
                              Last edited by teiro; 13th August 2010, 20:00.

Comment

Working...
                              X