nüvi 750

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nüvi 750

How many maps can you use on the same SD card( Bluechart,Topo,Lakes and recreation,etc)With a nuvi 750.By the way BlueCharts is working good with this unit
    Thanks a lot
    Trobador

Re: Maps on SD card

There can be only one img-file on this card in this model (must be called "gmapsupp.img"and placed into a folder called "Garmin").
    However, this img-file CAN consist of more maps (a mapset) created by MapSource and downloaded to the SD-card.
    That means, that you must have all wanted maps installed and unlocked in PC and for this unit, within MapSource, in order to create this mapset.

Comment

Mapsource with all the maps installed is the easiest and most flexable way to get all the maps you want into a single gmapsupp.img but if you have only .img files you can simply join them all together using the gmaptool.exe and the results are identical. That goes for all model Nuvis, not just the 7xx series.
      Last edited by Tiger; 14th May 2010, 04:43.

Comment

Hi

Personaly I have 3 maps on the micro SD card of my Oregon 450. I have named them
        gmapprom.img

gmapsupp.img

gmapsup2.img
        and I switch from one to the other with the config menu where they are listed. It works well.
        Easy !

Comment

Originally posted by Herver View Post
          Hi

Personaly I have 3 maps on the micro SD card of my Oregon 450. I have named them
          gmapprom.img

gmapsupp.img

gmapsup2.img
          and I switch from one to the other with the config menu where they are listed. It works well.
          Easy !
          That's the best SD solution, unfortunatly that naming scheme is not supported on the 750 or most other Nuvis (not sure about some of the brand new models).

Comment

The Oregon and the Dakota and the Colorado are different from the Nuvis in this area.
            You can give the maps any name you want as long as it ends with .img.
            I have ~10 different maps on my Oregon. e.g.: Europe.img, Germany topo.img, Swiss topo.img etc etc.
            You only have to make sure that the amount of all maptiles (interior and sd-memory together) does not exceed 3500.

Comment

Check out this: http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/t...70&whichpage=1

Comment

MAPS ON SD:
                Thanks a lot for your help
                Trobador

Comment

nüvi 750

allo i like to have info how to install masp
                  Garmin City Navigator North America 2011 10 (Unlocked) 1.23 GB
                  on sd card 2 gb do make format fat32 for the sd card,,,,

thansk you

andre

Comment

re: nüvi 750

Originally posted by andre324 View Post
                    allo i like to have info how to install masp
                    Garmin City Navigator North America 2011 10 (Unlocked) 1.23 GB
                    on sd card 2 gb do make format fat32 for the sd card,,,,

thansk you

andre
                    Very simple on a 750:
                    1. Right click the SD card from windows and format the card if you feel it is necessary (either FAT or FAT32) will work with a 2G card.

2. Right click the SD card from windows create a new folder on the card and then rename it 'garmin'. Your 750 will only find maps if they are in the 'garmin' folder of an SD card.

3. Now just copy the large 1.23 GB (UNLOCKED) 'gmapsupp.img' file to the 'garmin' folder of the SD card. If that large img file you have is named 'gmapprom.imng' you will need to rename it to be 'gmapsupp.img' in the SD card or your 750 will not recognize it as a map file.

4. you are done.

Reboot the 750 and your maps will now show up on on your 750 'map info' screen with a check box where they can be selected/deselected for use.

Comment

New Garmins compared to Tomtom?

Hi folks,

I've been using Tomtom satnav for years and really got used to the interface, but the last problems with my 750 have made me think that it's time to look for something else.

I really like Tomtom when it works, but lately it's just an expensive toy where half the functions are broken and support is useless.

What are the new Garmin models like? I see that now they have lane guidance and voice control and pronounce street names, which is pretty much the feature set of Tomtom that I like and got used to.

How does the traffic monitoring work in EU, is it SIM card based or FM (TMC) ?

Are there stability issues? Can the new devices still be patched with downloaded maps?

And most importantly, does it have live speedcam updates for mobile cameras and how good is it?

I'm looking at the new ones and I'm thinking of getting the 3790T. Any suggestions or feedback from existing users?

Thanks!

Comment

Re: New Garmins compared to Tomtom?

Erm, it looks like Garmin only has offline speed cameras information. Ie. it's updated daily, you have to connect the device to the PC and let it update. As far as I can see there is no "live" update as you're driving, so spotting out mobile speedcams is pretty much impossible with Garmin. Am I right?

Comment

Nuvi 750 Maps

Hello,

I have updated my Nuvi 750 to the 2011.20 maps. My question is what is the difference with this version and the 2011.30 maps and is it possible to use the 2011.30 ones?

Thanks

Comment

Re: Nuvi 750 Maps

Originally posted by jsmith1299 View Post
                            Hello,

I have updated my Nuvi 750 to the 2011.20 maps. My question is what is the difference with this version and the 2011.30 maps and is it possible to use the 2011.30 ones?

Thanks
                            Better use newnes one 2011.32 instead of 2011.30

Comment

Searching lane guidance software for nuvi750

Searching the Lane Guidance software for Garmin nuvi 750,
                              4 months passed i have seen it somwere on this site while i was searching mapsource update !
                              Kan somebody help my or give me the link to download it ?
                              Thanks ,
                              Martino

Comment

Working...
                              X