nüvi 360

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nüvi 360

Do any one know if I can use SDHC memory card for my Nuvi 360?

Re: Garmin nuvi 360

Yes you can. I have used 4gig in the 300 series without issue and can't speak for larger sizes cards.
    Last edited by Tiger; 22nd May 2010, 20:38.

Comment

Maximum Map Size On SD Card

Does anyone know the maximum map size or number of map files that will work on a SD card. I have a 4gb card that I've had the whole of CN Europe on and CN North America at seperate times and I've tried them combined in Mapsource and also GMaptool but when it transfers as one image it doesn't show up in map info on my device. This is on a Nuvi 360. Total map size according to Mapsource is 3173.8 MB consisting of 437 maps. Is this overdoing it a bit or is there something else I'm doing wrong?
      Any help or advice appreciated.

Comment

Re: Maximum Map Size On SD Card

i think you will have to put two .img files on your sd card and rename them to gmapsupp.img then select that file from your unit
        Last edited by miike06; 26th June 2010, 17:59.

Comment

I read somewhere that 2Gb is the largest file size supported by the OS.

Comment

Thanks to both of you for your replies. I just made a map image from half of Europe and half of North America and it works fine so I think it's got to be something to do with the size of the file. Probably just trying to be too greedy.
            Regards

Comment

Do you have the latest firmware on your nuvi 360?
              A firmware update may allow the use of files up to 4GB.

I've used MapSource to create gmapsupp.img files that are a little under 4GB and contain several mapsets.
              They work fine with an 8GB SD card when used with my nuvi 775T, nuvi 255W.
              The same gmapsupp.img file worked fine with a 4GB microSD card when used with my eTrex vista HCx.

Comment

Originally posted by WknThDg View Post
                Do you have the latest firmware on your nuvi 360?
                A firmware update may allow the use of files up to 4GB.

I've used MapSource to create gmapsupp.img files that are a little under 4GB and contain several mapsets.
                They work fine with an 8GB SD card when used with my nuvi 775T, nuvi 255W.
                The same gmapsupp.img file worked fine with a 4GB microSD card when used with my eTrex vista HCx.
                It is to do with the FAT. Cards formated FAT16 have a maximum filesize of 2Gb. Cards formated FAT32 have a maximum filesize of just under 4Gb.
                regards

A

Comment

Thanks again for your replies. I believe I have the latest firmware Version 5.20 and I've done as suggested and reformatted the card to Fat 32 but it still doesn't see a large map file.
                  I'll just have to use different SD cards which isn't a problem.
                  Regards

Comment

Originally posted by cooperman View Post
                    Thanks again for your replies. I believe I have the latest firmware Version 5.20 and I've done as suggested and reformatted the card to Fat 32 but it still doesn't see a large map file.
                    I'll just have to use different SD cards which isn't a problem.
                    Regards
                    On my 60csx the number of map segments can not be greater than 2025 if the map is built with mapsource. Also no larger than 4 gigs. Also you came put two different maps on the same sd card you must select witch one to use in you units settings menu.
                    Last edited by miike06; 28th June 2010, 22:37.

Comment

Hi mike - reading articles on this and other forums I don't think the nuvi series will take more than one mapfile on a SD card. Thanks anyway.
                      Regards

Comment

Originally posted by cooperman View Post
                        Hi mike - reading articles on this and other forums I don't think the nuvi series will take more than one mapfile on a SD card. Thanks anyway.
                        Regards
                        You are absolutely correct. One of the common problems with these forums is that folks, with great intentions, give incorrect responses because they don't realize that there area lot of behavioral differences between various Garmin models. Most of the hand helds operate on a different set of rules than the Nuvis and now the even the new models in the Nuvi line are becoming quite different in how they save and recognize maps.

Your particular Nuvi will recognize only ONE map file on an SD card. It must be in the Garmin folder and be named gmapsupp.img

Typically, if you want both of those maps, you would put one of those large CN maps IN the GPS as your default maps (gmapprom.img) and the other on the SD card as supplementry maps (gmapsupp.img).

You can also have 2 gmapsupp.img files active at the same time with ons inside the GPS (if you have the free memory) as well as the one on your SD card.

Comment

nüvi 360

I have Garmin 360 it still works but just won't charge the battery anymore. I replaced the battery but still won't charge. So it's a battery issue.... Can someone lead me in the right direction to what it could be and how I can fix it.

Comment

re: nüvi 360

Originally posted by james-007 View Post
                            I have Garmin 360 it still works but just won't charge the battery anymore. I replaced the battery but still won't charge. So it's a battery issue.... Can someone lead me in the right direction to what it could be and how I can fix it.
                            If you replaced the battery and it still doesen't charge it is most likely the charger not working or not putting out enough power to both run the GPS and charge the battery at the same time. You can do some experiments to try and isolate.

1. when you hook up the GPS to the car charger does the battery indicator go away, indicating you are on running external power?
                            2. will the battery charge if you hook the GPS to the car charger and leave the GPS off ?
                            3. if you connect the GPS to a PC/USB port will the battery charge?
                            4. it "could" be a defective battery or the wrong part number for that GPS.

Comment

re: nüvi 360

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                              If you replaced the battery and it still doesen't charge it is most likely the charger not working or not putting out enough power to both run the GPS and charge the battery at the same time. You can do some experiments to try and isolate.

1. when you hook up the GPS to the car charger does the battery indicator go away, indicating you are on running external power?
                              2. will the battery charge if you hook the GPS to the car charger and leave the GPS off ?
                              3. if you connect the GPS to a PC/USB port will the battery charge?
                              4. it "could" be a defective battery or the wrong part number for that GPS.
                              Thanks for the reply
                              1. If I hook up the GPS to the wall charger and turn the GPS off. GPS sais it charging, I leave it all night and still not charged.
                              2. GPS still does work with the car charger
                              3. Have not tried USB / will do when I get back home from the road trip.
                              4. I don't think the new or the old battery is bad. I thought my old battery was because it wouldn't charge. Since the new is experiencing the same problem, I dought if it's the battery.

Comment

Working...
                              X