Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nüvi 1690/nüLink! 1695

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nüvi 1690/nüLink! 1695

    I'm running both CN Europe 2011 and CN Thailand 10.1 directly from my Nuvi 1690's internal memory. The Europe image is in my system folder as gmapprom.img. The Thailand map is in a folder called map and I have named it thaimap.img with the corresponding unl file. Both maps are functioning perfectly.

    Today I have downloaded a Junction view JCV file for the CN Thailand map. The file is called 101ENB.JCV and I have placed it into my Nuvis's JCV folder along with the .JCV file for my CN Europe map. My problem is that when I simulate a route in Thailand every time it should show a junction view the Nuvi crashes. Is it possible to have more than one .JCV file on my unit's memory at the same time? Or can anybody see anything that I've done incorrectly? Thank you.

  • #2
    Re: Multiple Junction View Files Possible On Nuvi 1690?

    I think you should have thai map with junction view support. The map usually named with year it published, like CN Thai 2009.40. From what you mentioned, I think the thai map that installed on your nuvi doesn't support junction view.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Multiple Junction View Files Possible On Nuvi 1690?

      Thank you for your response. The Thai map is version 10.1 which I believe has only been out a month or so. When I simulate a route and browse through the turn directions many of the turns have 'junction view' lit up, just like any other map with the junction view facility but any attempt to view the junction view picture results in the Nuvi crashing. You might have a point about it being the incorrect version of the map for that particular junction view file, I think I'll have to experiment to see if two junction view files for two different maps can be used from a Nuvi at the same time.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Multiple Junction View Files Possible On Nuvi 1690?

        Hi
        European Nuvi and Asian ones have different Firmware.
        If you have JCV Europe working you cannot have Asian JCV and vice versa
        Maps also are different.
        In Asian maps the Junction View is embedded in the *.img file
        In European maps the JCV file is separated.

        I suppose you have a Nuvi from Europe.
        You can have several JCV files running properly at least they run on my 765.(JCV USA, Europe, NZ Australia all in the JCV directory)
        For 3D bulding files must have different names.
        As far as I know you cannot run JCV for Asian countries unless you change the firmware and in that case you will lose the JCV for other regions.
        I don't know if a crack is available for the 1690

        On my European 765 I can use Thai maps Malaysia Singapore maps but no JCV.

        For further information you can search Malfreemaps or Malsingmaps websites with "JCV" as a keyword.

        Michel

        Comment


        • #5
          Problem with gamin nuvi 1690

          I got this model of garmin, it comes with 4GB internal memory. I tried to put maps in the garmin folder, but when i turn it on... it says no maps avaible. I tried with external card, and it works. But i wanted to use the internal memory. So i dont know in which folder i have to put the maps. Please help

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Problem with gamin nuvi 1690

            Originally posted by brliv View Post
            I got this model of garmin, it comes with 4GB internal memory. I tried to put maps in the garmin folder, but when i turn it on... it says no maps avaible.
            Put gmapprom.img and gmapprom1.img in System folder. Or create in root folder - folder Map and put to that folder gmapsupp.img or xxx.img with any various name...

            Comment


            • #7
              Hello, 1st post, be easy on me

              Well after using TomTom mobile for many years, I finally bought me a brand new , Garmin Nuvi 1690.
              I was very happy using YomTom mobile on my Nokia N95.
              It took me all around Europe, no problems.
              However the prompt in change from TomTom to Garmin is due to the fact, I want to drive much of Africa,starting easy with Morocco, and I believe garmin will be the better navigator.

              So ladies and gents, I have heard about Mapsourse, and Tracks for Africa, and base map,
              but how does it all fit together ?

              I have a memory slot on the 1690, micro SD, if I am noy mistaken, and and I have both a 2 gig, and a 4 gig micro SD cards.

              What should I load onto the card, ?

              Or no need, and just load into the memory of the 1698 ?

              I am really a dummy to start with.

              'vette

              Comment


              • #8
                nüvi 1690

                hi bro any one tell me how remove code pin on garmin 1690 thanks

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: garmin nuvi 1690 screen code pin

                  By going to the same position where you put in the PIN code. Only there its not asking for a PIN code and u can remove it

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    need help

                    I have read some posts here but I still do not how to put map into my garmin nuvi 1690 (i donwload map City Navigator Australia And New Zealand NT 2011.20.gmap from one thread). From what I understanding so far, I should use mapsource to load map into GPS, I downloaded a unlocked map, but i do not know how to use it. I can not install official mapsource as it requires a original one. I am using Mapsource 6.16.3 - Patched, which contains an Australia And New Zealand map, but I do not know how to put my map in it.

                    I probably did it in totally wrong way. I can not find a detailed tutorial teaching how to.
                    anyone can help give me a detailed guide(what tools is needed, and how to use)? Much thanks in advance. I am new here, really do not know what is going~~

                    My situation is I have 2010 map in GPS, not I want to get 2011 map. also My GPS directories is wired , do not like what I see in thread


                    I do not have any .uni or .img file, all folders and one nuvi_drive.ico...
                    and do not like tomtom, there is a no folder called map or something obvious.

                    thank you all very much for reading a dummy post~~

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: need help

                      Originally posted by t560 View Post
                      I have read some posts here but I still do not how to put map into my garmin nuvi 1690 (i donwload map City Navigator Australia And New Zealand NT 2011.20.gmap from one thread). From what I understanding so far, I should use mapsource to load map into GPS, I downloaded a unlocked map, but i do not know how to use it. I can not install official mapsource as it requires a original one. I am using Mapsource 6.16.3 - Patched, which contains an Australia And New Zealand map, but I do not know how to put my map in it.

                      I probably did it in totally wrong way. I can not find a detailed tutorial teaching how to.
                      anyone can help give me a detailed guide(what tools is needed, and how to use)? Much thanks in advance. I am new here, really do not know what is going~~

                      My situation is I have 2010 map in GPS, not I want to get 2011 map. also My GPS directories is wired , do not like what I see in thread


                      I do not have any .uni or .img file, all folders and one nuvi_drive.ico...
                      and do not like tomtom, there is a no folder called map or something obvious.

                      thank you all very much for reading a dummy post~~
                      If you want the latest maps for AU & NZ the latest version is 2012.1 a few weeks old. You can read about at this link
                      http://gpsunderground.com/forum/garm...html#post64168
                      and there you will find a download link there where you can get an "unlocked IMG" for use directly in the GPS.

                      With an unlocked IMG you can simply copy the file to the garmin folder of your GPS and you will have the maps all in a single file without having to use mapsource or those gmap files. This is the real easy way.

                      Just an FYI: Among other things, Mapsource is "map compiler". A .IMG file is normally a mapsource OUTPUT file. The GMAP files are mapsource INPUT files. The .UNL file is a small text file where a 25 character is stored. It is only necessary if you have a "locked" .IMG file. If you get in a situation where you think you need an unlock key, you need to download the Jetmouse 1.5 keygen and learn how to use it. As an alternate you can download a simple tool named "Fast IMG Unlocker V1.9.exe" which can make ANY IMG file unlockable.

                      As for your GPS:
                      In a garmin, each set of maps is self contained in the *.IMG file. I see from your directory that you have 3 maps installed in your gps now.

                      gmapbmap.img is the built in basemap (very little detail) used when you zoom far out. Leave it alone.

                      The following 2 files are a pair (notice they are matched by name)
                      gmapsupp.img is a map (1,017,168 kb). It is a large map but I can't tell which map it is (perhaps part of Europe?)
                      gmapsupp.unl is a small text file containing the 25 char unlock key which gives your gps a license to access gmapsupp.img

                      The following 2 files are another pair (matched by name)
                      gmapsup2.img is another map (740, 592 kb). It is a smaller map but I can't tell which map it is (perhaps it's your AU NZ old map)
                      gmapsup2.unl is a small text file containing the 25 char unlock key which gives your gps a license to access gmapsup2.img


                      TIP: You can tell which map is using which filename in your GPS by temporarily renaming one of them so the GPS will not recognize it as a map. It will then disappear from your Map Info screen. For example: if you rename "gmapsupp.img" to be "gmapsupp.img_" the gps will no longer recognize it as a map file.

                      The simplest way to get your AU NZ updated to 2012.1 is yo download the IMG from the above link. And simply copy it to your GPS replacing the old one. Lets assume that you will be replacing gmapsup2.img with the new maps. If that is the case, you simply need to do the following steps.

                      Copy "gmapsup2.img" and "gmapsup2.unl" from your GPS to a PC (as a backup precaution) and then delete those 2 files from your gps to make room.

                      The new maps you download will be named either "gmapsupp.img" or "gmapprom.img". Whatever it is, you can simply rename it as "gmapsup2.img" and copy it to the garmin folder of your gps and your map should be updated. Because the *.IMG file you downloaded is fully "unlocked", you will not need a gmapsup2.unl file for the 2012.1 version of the maps to be used by your GPS.

                      If you want to install that mapsource without a previous version, you simply DO NOT run "setup.exe". Instead, run the *.MSI file (microsoft installer) in the same directory as that setup file and the install will not require a previous version. Mapsource will install and if your .gmap directory is in the correct place on your PC (which depends on the O/S you are using). Mapsource will find those maps when it starts.

                      That should do it. I hope that helps.
                      Last edited by Tiger; 13th May 2011, 05:44. Reason: additions and corrections

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: need help

                        thanks so much, tiger. the picture above is not mine. I just copy from one thread post by others. the below is mine, just wondering why mine is so different. do not have any .img

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: need help

                          Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                          If you want the latest maps for AU & NZ the latest version is 2012.1 a few weeks old. You can read about at this link
                          http://gpsunderground.com/forum/garm...html#post64168
                          and there you will find a download link there where you can get an "unlocked IMG" for use directly in the GPS.

                          With an unlocked IMG you can simply copy the file to the garmin folder of your GPS and you will have the maps all in a single file without having to use mapsource or those gmap files. This is the real easy way.

                          Just an FYI: Among other things, Mapsource is "map compiler". A .IMG file is normally a mapsource OUTPUT file. The GMAP files are mapsource INPUT files. The .UNL file is a small text file where a 25 character is stored. It is only necessary if you have a "locked" .IMG file. If you get in a situation where you think you need an unlock key, you need to download the Jetmouse 1.5 keygen and learn how to use it. As an alternate you can download a simple tool named "Fast IMG Unlocker V1.9.exe" which can make ANY IMG file unlockable.

                          As for your GPS:
                          In a garmin, each set of maps is self contained in the *.IMG file. I see from your directory that you have 3 maps installed in your gps now.

                          gmapbmap.img is the built in basemap (very little detail) used when you zoom far out. Leave it alone.

                          The following 2 files are a pair (notice they are matched by name)
                          gmapsupp.img is a map (1,017,168 kb). It is a large map but I can't tell which map it is (perhaps part of Europe?)
                          gmapsupp.unl is a small text file containing the 25 char unlock key which gives your gps a license to access gmapsupp.img

                          The following 2 files are another pair (matched by name)
                          gmapsup2.img is another map (740, 592 kb). It is a smaller map but I can't tell which map it is (perhaps it's your AU NZ old map)
                          gmapsup2.unl is a small text file containing the 25 char unlock key which gives your gps a license to access gmapsup2.img


                          TIP: You can tell which map is using which filename in your GPS by temporarily renaming one of them so the GPS will not recognize it as a map. It will then disappear from your Map Info screen. For example: if you rename "gmapsupp.img" to be "gmapsupp.img_" the gps will no longer recognize it as a map file.

                          The simplest way to get your AU NZ updated to 2012.1 is yo download the IMG from the above link. And simply copy it to your GPS replacing the old one. Lets assume that you will be replacing gmapsup2.img with the new maps. If that is the case, you simply need to do the following steps.

                          Copy "gmapsup2.img" and "gmapsup2.unl" from your GPS to a PC (as a backup precaution) and then delete those 2 files from your gps to make room.

                          The new maps you download will be named either "gmapsupp.img" or "gmapprom.img". Whatever it is, you can simply rename it as "gmapsup2.img" and copy it to the garmin folder of your gps and your map should be updated. Because the *.IMG file you downloaded is fully "unlocked", you will not need a gmapsup2.unl file for the 2012.1 version of the maps to be used by your GPS.

                          If you want to install that mapsource without a previous version, you simply DO NOT run "setup.exe". Instead, run the *.MSI file (microsoft installer) in the same directory as that setup file and the install will not require a previous version. Mapsource will install and if your .gmap directory is in the correct place on your PC (which depends on the O/S you are using). Mapsource will find those maps when it starts.

                          That should do it. I hope that helps.
                          I put .img file that I download from the link you provided in the GPS root directory and also in garmin folder. it does not work

                          this is my Garmin folder, nothing in it but one .xml

                          It not show in GPS, do i need do something to see it on GPS?
                          what I did after I put .img file in GPS is go to setting--->map--->info, in info I can only see old map CN AUS& NZ NT 2010.20, i did not change the name of download file, which is GMAP3D.IMG and gmapsupp.img ~ will the names affect?

                          another question: I can see/use CN AUS& NZ NT 2010.20 map in my GPS, but I can not find any map file in GPS drive, where is it, which folder or file is for the map?

                          big thanks
                          Last edited by t560; 13th May 2011, 07:22.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: need help

                            Originally posted by t560 View Post
                            I put .img file that I download from the link you provided in the GPS root directory and also in garmin folder. it does not work

                            this is my Garmin folder, nothing in it but one .xml

                            It not show in GPS, do i need do something to see it on GPS?
                            what I did after I put .img file in GPS is go to setting--->map--->info, in info I can only see old map CN AUS& NZ NT 2010.20, i did not change the name of download file, which is GMAP3D.IMG and gmapsupp.img ~ will the names affect?

                            another question: I can see/use CN AUS& NZ NT 2010.20 map in my GPS, but I can not find any map file in GPS drive, where is it, which folder or file is for the map?

                            big thanks
                            I don't think you need to do anything else. If it is properly named an in the correct location It should work.

                            The file may be in a hidden folder so make sure to adjust your windows explored settings to show hidden and system files or you will not see it. That is why you are only seeing the XML file on your GPS.

                            I'm not familiar with standard file names or locations used in your particular model 1690. I hope someone else here with more knowlege of that model will reply. Why did you load gmap3d? The garmin site says your 1690 does not support 3d-building views.

                            I gave you the original instructions based on the picture you posted.

                            I suspect tour new map is using the wrong name or is in the wrong location for the 1690 to find it. If you only have one map (AU NZ 2010) on YOUR GPS and you want to update it then find it and replace it. It is probably named gmapprom.img and you need to replace that file with the one you downloaded and make sure it is re-named as gmapprom.img. Find that file on YOUR 1690, back it up and replace it.
                            Last edited by Tiger; 13th May 2011, 15:08.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: need help

                              You have to create a "Map" folder in the root of your device and then paste the gmapsupp.img file inside, the same if you use a SD card, you can rename file in AU_NZ.img if you want, this way you can put more maps in SD

                              Your gmapprom.img (pre-installed map) is in a hiden folder called .System, you have to unchek Hide protected system files in tools\Folder option\view
                              www.iptvthebest.net

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X