zūmo 550

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zūmo 550

There are more and more governments who forbid the use of the speed limit trafic controls used in the Points Of Interests option in navigators.
    What do you have to do to get rid of that functionality in the Garmin Zumo 550 for instance?
    What about the personilzed POI's like hotels, views, etc?

Re: POI Rules

You would have to reload your personalized poi files using Garmins poi loader ommitting the speed cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by toine56 View Post
      There are more and more governments who forbid the use of the speed limit trafic controls used in the Points Of Interests option in navigators.
      What do you have to do to get rid of that functionality in the Garmin Zumo 550 for instance?
      What about the personilzed POI's like hotels, views, etc?
      Explore your garmin in Windows,locate your Poi folder and delete.No more POIs to worry about.

Comment

In which europe countries is forbiden to use speedcams and how are going to check the police my pois? They will ask my gps navigation and search in the menu? I'm so curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          Explore your garmin in Windows,locate your Poi folder and delete.No more POIs to worry about.
          i WILL LIKE JUST THR RED LIGHT CAMARAS FOR FLORIDA
          tHANKS

Comment

hoi suisse ostria duitsland

Comment

only suisse

Comment

zūmo 550

I, does anybody know what the max capacity of SDHC-card is for use on a ZUMO 550.
                I brought a 8gb SDHC-card (formated FAT 32) but it seems that my ZUMO does'nt recognised it.

Comment

re: zūmo 550

zumo forums is an excellent site for specific questions.

This is a quote from one of the posters:
                  "I'm using an 8GB in my 550, don't know if will accept a bigger one. Any SD card 4GB or more will be SDHC, but you can use a smaller standard one if you want. Keep in mind that zumo will only see 1000 songs and that's about 4GB. You really can't take advantage of a larger card than that for music but the extra space is useful for storing routes, photos and additional maps."

I THOUGHT I read though that if you are using a fast (sd card made for fast camera's) that they may not work.

I personally have never used a card bigger than a 4 gb.

Comment

zumo 550 orlando maps

Hi guys, i have just booked a holiday to florida / orlando all the parks and that malarkey, and my question is, i have a zumo 550 and would like to have the maps for that area on it to mae my life easy, so could some one point me in the right direction to download and install the maps.

Thanks in advance

Nathan

Comment

Re: zumo 550 orlando maps

Originally posted by streffie View Post
                      Hi guys, i have just booked a holiday to florida / orlando all the parks and that malarkey, and my question is, i have a zumo 550 and would like to have the maps for that area on it to mae my life easy, so could some one point me in the right direction to download and install the maps.

Thanks in advance

Nathan
                      I sent you a PM describing the simplest way.

Comment

Well
                        Then thats simpel. And true here in France and in switzerland it is already forbidden. DUe to a very large fine and possible detention, And Why ?
                        God nows. rada detection is also forbidden in The Netherlands, But there is a solution. A bit expensive, but it works
                        It is called Coyote ! An detection system that uses Gps. And it is 'nt'forbidden in The Neterherlands.
                        IS uses gps reports by celluklair broadcasting. Every unit has a full capabillity of reporting and queing messages about regualar radar spots, side to side detection. Vros video surrveillance and
                        traffic and lengt detection ( time passage between two points) .. heheh !

Is use it an di like it. Greta stuff for my Bike !

Comment

Zumo 550

Hi guys, its probably been asked a thousand times but could some one point me in the direction of the new maps for my zumo 550, i cant find them.
                          Thanks in advance.

Comment

Re: Zumo 550

Originally posted by streffie View Post
                            Hi guys, its probably been asked a thousand times but could some one point me in the direction of the new maps for my zumo 550, i cant find them.
                            read tutorial here http://gpsunderground.com/forum/garm...ur-device.html (especially Other Garmin Devices)
                            goto Garmin Maps sub-forum or use [INDEX] Garmin Map - ... thread to find your country/region map
                            get unlocked gmapsupp.img which suits your device e.g. nuvi 205, preferable copy into sd card\garmin folder, keep your original map in your device, then select newly installed map in map info.
                            Click "Like" or "Thanks" to show your appreciation rather than post "Thanks"...

Comment

Re: zumo 550 orlando maps

Very much thanks for all information.

Comment

Working...
                              X