The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name), The forum generates income from marketing, adsense, and membership. please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it.

Announcement

Collapse

For Sale

The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name). Please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it. The forum generates income from marketing,
adsense, and membership

See more
See less

Universal Firmware Patcher for Protected Garmin Devices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher for Protected Garmin Devices

Hello,

I have a problem with updater.exe not detecting my Garmin Drive 40.
    I've followed all steps for patching the firmware and they all went well. Latest FirmwarePatcher and RGNTool too.

When I entered preboot mode, it gave me roughly 5 seconds when "Unknown USB" device appeared in Windows 10 device manager.
    I've written down the pid/vid and found the driver online, dated 2012, it's 2.3.1.0. Now the device properly (?) detects as "Garmin USB GPS" in the device manager when in preboot mode and updater.exe sees it (drive followed by device id numbers) in the dropdown menu when USB radiobutton is selected.

But, it gives me "The GARMIN device is not responding" message and doesn't want to flash the unit.

Any ideas what I do wrong? I tried disabling MTP mode on the unit but it did not help at all. I've tried to put patched GUPDATE.GCD in .System. It tries but obviously fails flashing (quicker than normal flash) as it stays on the older version if downgraded before.

Comment

I've managed to flash the unit with the Updater.exe by uninstalling GARMIN EXPRESS and related "new" drivers.

Comment

Hello! tnk for tutorial! do you know if it found whit nuvi 67

Comment

Latest firm list + patcher

Comment

followed instructions as per 1st post worked on nuvi 2689 all maps on sd unlocked now thanks to developers for this

Comment

I just purchased a Garmin Drive 61 USA LM and there is no GUPDATE.GCD file. I set Garmin in MASS storage, checked /.System folder, then searched the complete "drive". I then ran Garmin Express to see if any was created.......it was not.

Any idea how to patch the firmware in the Drive 61 LM?

Thanks
              Last edited by allanrw; 2nd December 2017, 06:03.

Comment

Is v3.40 your latest?, you can find it here:
                Code:
                http://download.garmin.com/software/Drive61_340.gcd
                rename in gupdate.gcd

Comment

Working...
                X