Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nüvi 7x0/7x5 multi maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nüvi 7x0/7x5 multi maps

    The Nuvi uses a disk based file system and can support multiple maps on the hard drive and the SD card.

    You can have various mapsets loaded on your nuvi...not just the basemap and detail map. These mapsets all reside in the x:/Garmin folder on both the nuvi drive and the SD Card drive. The nuvi 7x0 can access up to six different mapsets (*one* on the SD Card). The nuvi 7x5 can access up to nine different mapsets (*one* on the SD Card)

    Example:

    Mapset 1. City Navigator North America NT 2009 = nuvi drive main detail mapset (gmapprom.img)
    Mapset 2. City Navigator Mexico NT 2008 = nuvi drive OEM detailed mapset (gmapoem.img)
    Mapset 3. US Topo 2008 = nuvi drive supplemental detailed mapset (gmapsupp.img)
    Mapset 4. City Navigator Europe NT 2009 = SD Card drive supplemental mapset (gmapsupp.img)
    Mapset 5. nuvi drive Basemap (gmapbmap.img)

    *Note: Before fiddling with mapsets, make a backup of them first, especially gmapprom.img as this is your main detailed mapset.

    Here's a list of the nuvi 7x0 & 7x5's mapset names & their relationship with the nuvi
    drive/SD Card:

    Nuvi map naming convention
    ------------------------------------
    1. gmapprom.img: (7x0/7x5) nuvi drive only, (primary mapset)

    2. gmapprom1.img: (7x0/7x5) nuvi drive only (secondary mapset) example: North American / European units

    3. gmapsupp.img: (7x0/7x5) nuvi drive (supplemental mapset)

    4. gmapsupp.img: (7x0/7x5) nuvi SD Card drive (supplemental mapset)

    5. gmapoem.img: (7x0/7x5) nuvi drive only (OEM mapset), user accessible, cannot be unselected from the unit via Tools/Settings/Map/Map Info

    *Note, when using the following default system maps as user maps, you'll naturally lose their default map attributes.

    6. gmapbmap.img: (7x0/7x5) nuvi drive only (default basemap), configurable as a supplemental map; rename desired mapset to gmapbmap.img, NOT selectable and does NOT show up under installed maps (Tools/Settings/Map/Map Info) but may be visible under Tools/Settings/System/About/Basemap

    7. gmaptz.img: (7x5 only) nuvi drive only (default 7x5 Timezone map), configurable as a supplemental map; rename desired mapset to gmaptz.img

    8. gmap3d.img: (7x5 only) nuvi drive only (default 7x5 3D Buildings map), configurable as a supplemental map; rename desired mapset to gmap3d.img

    +9. gmap3d1.img (7x5 only) nuvi drive only (secondary 7x5 3D Buildings map), configurable as a supplemental map; rename desired mapset to gmap3d1.img


    Nuvi internal (diagnostic utility) OS map naming
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    7x0/7x5

    1. PROM1 = gmapprom.img
    2. PROM2 = gmapprom1.img
    3. Suppmap1 = gmapsupp.img (nuvi drive only)
    4. Suppmap = gmapsupp.img (SD Card drive only)
    5. Dir DB = gmapoem.img
    6. Basemap = gmapbmap.img

    7x5 only

    7. TZMap = gmaptz.img
    8. 3DMap 1 = gmap3d.img
    +9. 3DMap 2 = gmap3d1.img

  • #2
    re: nüvi 7x0/7x5 multi maps

    Correction/Addendum for 8 & +9 (both of them):

    Can be on the nuvi drive or on the SD card (but not both).

    Example: You want to add 3D Buildings maps and/or supplemental maps to your nuvi 7x5 device but don't have enough free memory without removing any of the existing map img files. If your not using either or both of the 3D Buildings map names on the nuvi 7x5 drive, you can instead use those map names on the SD card. You can then have 3 img map files always available on an SD card (gmapsupp.img, gmap3d.img & gmap3d1.img).

    Comment


    • #3
      re: nüvi 7x0/7x5 multi maps

      Originally posted by WknThDg View Post
      Correction/Addendum for 8 & +9 (both of them):

      Can be on the nuvi drive or on the SD card (but not both).

      Example: You want to add 3D Buildings maps and/or supplemental maps to your nuvi 7x5 device but don't have enough free memory without removing any of the existing map img files. If your not using either or both of the 3D Buildings map names on the nuvi 7x5 drive, you can instead use those map names on the SD card. You can then have 3 img map files always available on an SD card (gmapsupp.img, gmap3d.img & gmap3d1.img).
      i have not tried (gmapsupp.img, gmap3d.img & gmap3d1.img all on a SD card but i will look at that thanks as well

      Comment


      • #4
        re: nüvi 7x0/7x5 multi maps

        Originally posted by hulio View Post
        i have not tried (gmapsupp.img, gmap3d.img & gmap3d1.img all on a SD card but i will look at that thanks as well
        Another Addendum/Caution:
        When using both the gmap3d.img & gmap3d1.img filenames (at the same time... whether they are together on the nuvi drive, on the SD card or one of them on each), if one or both of the filenames is/are used for a supplemental map/maps, they will be grouped together in the "Map Info" list of the nuvi 7x5. Therefore, just like when the filenames are used as normal (for 3D img files on the nuvi drive) they can only be enabled or disabled together in the "Map Info" list of the nuvi 7x5. If both 3D map img filenames are used for supplemental maps and they both cover overlapping areas, this can potentially cause a problem. One of them will overwrite the other and you will not have the ability to turn only one of them off.
        Last edited by WknThDg; 6th July 2010, 15:28.

        Comment


        • #5
          re: nüvi 7x0/7x5 multi maps

          I've tried (gmapsupp.img, gmap3d.img) on SD card...it works !!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            re: nüvi 7x0/7x5 multi maps

            gmapsup2.img on SD card should also work on 7x5.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: nüvi 7x0/7x5 multi maps

              No, gmapsup2.img does not work on SD.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: nüvi 7x0/7x5 multi maps

                Originally posted by hulio View Post
                The Nuvi uses a disk based file system and can support multiple maps on the hard drive and the SD card.

                You can have various mapsets loaded on your nuvi...not just the basemap and detail map. These mapsets all reside in the x:/Garmin folder on both the nuvi drive and the SD Card drive. The nuvi 7x0 can access up to six different mapsets (*one* on the SD Card). The nuvi 7x5 can access up to nine different mapsets (*one* on the SD Card)

                Example:

                Mapset 1. City Navigator North America NT 2009 = nuvi drive main detail mapset (gmapprom.img)
                Mapset 2. City Navigator Mexico NT 2008 = nuvi drive OEM detailed mapset (gmapoem.img)
                Mapset 3. US Topo 2008 = nuvi drive supplemental detailed mapset (gmapsupp.img)
                Mapset 4. City Navigator Europe NT 2009 = SD Card drive supplemental mapset (gmapsupp.img)
                Mapset 5. nuvi drive Basemap (gmapbmap.img)

                *Note: Before fiddling with mapsets, make a backup of them first, especially gmapprom.img as this is your main detailed mapset.

                Here's a list of the nuvi 7x0 & 7x5's mapset names & their relationship with the nuvi
                drive/SD Card:

                Nuvi map naming convention
                ------------------------------------
                1. gmapprom.img: (7x0/7x5) nuvi drive only, (primary mapset)

                2. gmapprom1.img: (7x0/7x5) nuvi drive only (secondary mapset) example: North American / European units

                3. gmapsupp.img: (7x0/7x5) nuvi drive (supplemental mapset)

                4. gmapsupp.img: (7x0/7x5) nuvi SD Card drive (supplemental mapset)

                5. gmapoem.img: (7x0/7x5) nuvi drive only (OEM mapset), user accessible, cannot be unselected from the unit via Tools/Settings/Map/Map Info

                *Note, when using the following default system maps as user maps, you'll naturally lose their default map attributes.

                6. gmapbmap.img: (7x0/7x5) nuvi drive only (default basemap), configurable as a supplemental map; rename desired mapset to gmapbmap.img, NOT selectable and does NOT show up under installed maps (Tools/Settings/Map/Map Info) but may be visible under Tools/Settings/System/About/Basemap

                7. gmaptz.img: (7x5 only) nuvi drive only (default 7x5 Timezone map), configurable as a supplemental map; rename desired mapset to gmaptz.img

                8. gmap3d.img: (7x5 only) nuvi drive only (default 7x5 3D Buildings map), configurable as a supplemental map; rename desired mapset to gmap3d.img

                +9. gmap3d1.img (7x5 only) nuvi drive only (secondary 7x5 3D Buildings map), configurable as a supplemental map; rename desired mapset to gmap3d1.img


                Nuvi internal (diagnostic utility) OS map naming
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                7x0/7x5

                1. PROM1 = gmapprom.img
                2. PROM2 = gmapprom1.img
                3. Suppmap1 = gmapsupp.img (nuvi drive only)
                4. Suppmap = gmapsupp.img (SD Card drive only)
                5. Dir DB = gmapoem.img
                6. Basemap = gmapbmap.img

                7x5 only

                7. TZMap = gmaptz.img
                8. 3DMap 1 = gmap3d.img
                +9. 3DMap 2 = gmap3d1.img
                hi guy i am newbe and i have garmin 765 with europ 2011 map and i want put North America NT2012 in card but it does not work i follow your guide and when i go in drive map info there is only show one map with is already have and gmap3d file all tow europ and north amerika and with onle line map unlocked so can any one help me for use all tow maps
                one map via drive and one via sd card and my sd card 8g

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: nüvi 7x0/7x5 multi maps

                  @sultansaga
                  create Garmin folder in sd card & paste you img into it
                  Click "Like" or "Thanks" to show your appreciation rather than post "Thanks"...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: nüvi 7x0/7x5 multi maps

                    Originally posted by sultansaga View Post
                    hi guy i am newbe and i have garmin 765 with europ 2011 map and i want put North America NT2012 in card but it does not work i follow your guide and when i go in drive map info there is only show one map with is already have and gmap3d file all tow europ and north amerika and with onle line map unlocked so can any one help me for use all tow maps
                    one map via drive and one via sd card and my sd card 8g

                    Here's how to set up the NA maps as a second map on SD for your 755/765
                    This WILL work!

                    sd:\garmin\gmapsupp.img << your maps... this should be an unlocked IMG
                    sd:\garmin\gmap3d.img << your 3D-buildings.... this needs to be unlocked also
                    sd:\garmin\JCV\Dddddddd.JCV << your junction view file which matche the map version

                    The above is the exact same setup you have inside the GPS for Europe except than inside the GPS the maps are named gmapprom.img instead of gmapsupp.img.

                    UPDATE: I forgot to mention....
                    If you are already using a "gmap3d.img" inside the 765 with your pre-installled maps I suspect the 3D buildings file on the SD card will have to be named "sd:\garmin\gmap3d1.img" in order for both to show up on your map info screen.
                    Last edited by Tiger; 10th February 2012, 13:57. Reason: added info

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: nüvi 7x0/7x5 multi maps

                      many thanks tiger its work 100000%

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: nüvi 7x0/7x5 multi maps

                        New firmware 4.40:
                        Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.40:
                        Fixed an error that caused the device to find no results when the user changed state or province during address searches (2010 maps only).
                        Added support for a second map on an SD card.
                        Fixed an error that caused the device to not find streets that were spelled with a diacritic ß, instead of ss
                        Fixed an error that caused the wrong time to display on the World Clock page.
                        Added the missing ?Z? on Latvian keyboards.
                        Improved the accuracy of route calculations.
                        Fixed an error that occasionally caused the unit to shut down.
                        Fixed an error that caused the device to detect the wrong keyboard.
                        Fixed an error that prevented the device from accessing certain POIs while the unit was searching.
                        Fixed an error that caused the unit to display the arrival time as off by one hour when on routes that crossed time zones.

                        On my Nüvi 765T on SD card now works: gmapsupp.img and gmapsup1.img
                        Last edited by mhalda; 17th February 2012, 10:26. Reason: same changes

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: nüvi 7x0/7x5 multi maps

                          Originally posted by mhalda View Post
                          New firmware 4.40:
                          Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.40:
                          Fixed an error that caused the device to find no results when the user changed state or province during address searches (2010 maps only).
                          Added support for a second map on an SD card.
                          Fixed an error that caused the device to not find streets that were spelled with a diacritic ß, instead of ss
                          Fixed an error that caused the wrong time to display on the World Clock page.
                          Added the missing ?Z? on Latvian keyboards.
                          Improved the accuracy of route calculations.
                          Fixed an error that occasionally caused the unit to shut down.
                          Fixed an error that caused the device to detect the wrong keyboard.
                          Fixed an error that prevented the device from accessing certain POIs while the unit was searching.
                          Fixed an error that caused the unit to display the arrival time as off by one hour when on routes that crossed time zones.

                          On my Nüvi 765T on SD card now works: gmapsupp.img and gmapsup1.img
                          In looking at the title of this post.... be advised that this update applies to the 755/765 ONLY (not the 750/760)

                          Further 7x5 info FYI
                          On SD the following map names are recognized by a 7x5
                          sd:\garmin\gmapsupp.img - a recognized SD map name
                          sd:\garmin\gmapsup1.img - a recognized SD map name (but name is not recognized inside the GPS)
                          sd:\garmin\gmap3d1.img - a recognized map name (either 3D buildings OR an extra map if you wish)


                          Inside the 7x5 the following map names are still recognized
                          gps:\garmin\gmapprom.img - a recognized map name
                          gps:\garmin\gmapprom1.img - a recognized map name
                          gps:\garmin\gmapsupp.img - a recognized map name
                          gps:\garmin\gmap3D.img - a recognized map name (either 3D buildings OR an extra map if you wish)
                          Last edited by Tiger; 17th February 2012, 12:51.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X