Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garmin nüvi 57 LMT CE - unlocking new maps possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin nüvi 57 LMT CE - unlocking new maps possible?

I've bought a cheap Garmin nüvi 57 LMT CE with lifetime map update. Here it's called nüvi 5 LMT CE.
    Is it still possible to unlock and use downloaded maps for that device with Mapsource 16.3 and JM KG 1.5?
    I want to put the TOPO Deutschland V6 PRO on the SD-Card. The one from my Oregon won't be accepted.
    nüvi 5 LMT CE
    nüvi 660
    Oregon 400t

Re: Garmin nüvi 57 LMT CE - unlocking new maps possible?

To my knowledge that is possible. Place a folder with the name Garmin on the SD card.
    Place unlocked topo map in it. Change the name from gmapprom.img to gmapsupp.img
    Let's find out if this works.
    Last edited by holyhead; 14th May 2016, 19:41.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderlust View Post
      I've bought a cheap Garmin nüvi 57 LMT CE with lifetime map update. Here it's called nüvi 5 LMT CE.
      Is it still possible to unlock and use downloaded maps for that device with Mapsource 16.3 and JM KG 1.5?
      I want to put the TOPO Deutschland V6 PRO on the SD-Card. The one from my Oregon won't be accepted.
      You need to follow instructions from here: http://gpsunderground.com/forum/garm...n-devices.html

Comment

I've tried the JM-KG method with a locked TOPO Deutschland V7 PRO. Works for MapSource but the transferred Map don't work on the device the map is unlocked for.

Now I'll try Universal Firmware Patcher for Protected Garmin Devices. Everything is fine but I can't get over point 8. Don't know how to get preboot mode with my Oregon 400t. Updater can't see my device and is greyed out (USB driver is installed).
        nüvi 5 LMT CE
        nüvi 660
        Oregon 400t

Comment

Working...
        X