X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How to Update Maps on your Device

Originally posted by Pcmeid View Post
    I have the same problem, any solutions yet??
    Model: Nuvi 65/66 | HWID: 1749 | SWVS: 220 | MAP: Yes | GMA: Yes | MSV: Weak | GVS: Yes

The answer to this question here:
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/garm...n-devices.html

Comment

Thank you for this very helpful tutorial. Is the method outlined for newer devices applicable to Nuvi 5297?
      Many thanks for any information.

Comment

Read over the majority of these pages but still need help;
        Have a 3590 LM(T) and need the latest Spain map(s) including cameras, 3d buildings and all extras on a SD card.
        Can someone tell me if I need locked or unlocked version?
        Which is the most complete map that includes Spain?
        Can display this next to my existing map without deleting it?
        Any other helpful info greatly appreciated.
        Thank you!

Comment

Petite information pour les Francophones :

1) Sauvegarder l'intégralité des fichiers d'origine au cas où !!
          2) Récupérer la carte qu'on veut ajouter à la SD, celle-ci ne doit pas avoir une taille supérieure à la mémoire interne du Nuvi et doit être au format .Img
          3) Si nécessaire la déverrouiller avec Gimgunlock
          4) Prendre une carte SD de d'une taille inférieure à celle de la mémoire interne du Nuvi (Une micro dans un adaptateur SD fonctionne parfaitement)
          5) Formater la SD en FAT32 et y créer un dossier Garmin + y copier / coller le fichier autorun qui est à la racine du Nuvi
          6) Dans le dossier Garmin, y mettre la carte (on peut éventuellement y remettre le fichier autorun)
          7) Insérer la SD dans le GPS, aller dans outils ou paramètres, cartes et cocher la nouvelle carte

Comment

• Thanks. I had a slight problem nuvi 1340 just updated. I loaded a map gmapprom.img to SD card inside Garmin folder and Nuvi would not open it. I tried various ways.
            After reading your tutorial I renamed the Gmapprom.img to gmapsupp.img and all works well the Garmin now see's the file on SD.
            This map was a 2 part rar CN NT EU 2018.10 UK ireland. only. Great Site.

Comment

• I have newer sat nav using NTU Maps and i also want to add USA NT maps and will they work fine with an NTU unit ?

Comment

• Any device capable of using NTU (Unicode - CP 65001) can used NT maps as well. It's the other way around that's not always true, many older automotive devices can only use NT and not properly use NTU mapping.

Just keep in mind that many modern devices may still need patched firmware to run unlocked NTs but if you buy an official Garmin US or NA City Navigator it'll work fine.

Comment

• if you have a problem updating and it tells you there isn't enough room on your sd card I formatted mine while hooked up to my computer with the quick format and tried again and it worked fine it took about an hour to update !

Comment

Working...
                  X