The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name), The forum generates income from marketing, adsense, and membership. please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it.

Announcement

Collapse

For Sale

The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name). Please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it. The forum generates income from marketing,
adsense, and membership

See more
See less

Garmin Mobile XT for CE5 and CE6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Garmin Mobile XT for CE5 and CE6

anybody have solutions regarding my problem?
    its dll problem or ?
    i just cant make it run..

and my memory card name is MMC_STORAGE

Comment

OK I figured out about language, but when I try to select some location I get spell option with ugly small onscreen keyboard in right bottom. Its hard to enter keys even at home. in car is will be silly to try.
      Is there something what I miss?
      I had installed Garmin Mobile XT 5.00.20wp but this version is useless because of extremly slow response on maps pan/zoom.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgadgetuk View Post
        On my Binatone, I set a path sdmmc\garmin\apps\wm\Que.exe

It runs with that exe file no problem, but will not connect to gps...???
        should be ok, but recommended path should set to the \SDMMC\Garmin\RunGMXT\Garmin.exe

for those who has the gps detection problem, try to choose stop detecting gps device when prompted then re-enable it back, if still has problem try to play around with port splitter

Comment

Originally posted by cheesey View Post
          anybody have solutions regarding my problem?
          its dll problem or ?
          i just cant make it run..

and my memory card name is MMC_STORAGE
          not sure your problem can be solve, but u can try to correct your card name in \Garmin\Garmin\GarminDevice.xml

Comment

Originally posted by aputic View Post
            OK I figured out about language, but when I try to select some location I get spell option with ugly small onscreen keyboard in right bottom. Its hard to enter keys even at home. in car is will be silly to try.
            Is there something what I miss?
            I had installed Garmin Mobile XT 5.00.20wp but this version is useless because of extremly slow response on maps pan/zoom.
            i agree, the performance quite depends on sd card speed compare to other navigation software..

Comment

Originally posted by bluesky2k View Post
              not sure your problem can be solve, but u can try to correct your card name in \Garmin\Garmin\GarminDevice.xml
              bro i already did that, but no luck lah.. so sick edy.. got any other idea? maybe dll problems?

Comment

found this file \SDMMC\Garmin\Garmin\GarminDevice.xml really plays an important roles, i check through the path and after change make sure all the path is valid, the application speed up alot..
                i suspect the slow performance in some device is because some path is set to the flashrom path of the device which cannot be accessed
                i'll update the package soon

Comment

my China OEM WinCe 6.0 PND, run Garmin MXT, very laggy while navigating.

Comment

The good news is that this works on my generic Chinese wince 6.0 device.
                    The bad news is that it is slow in calculating routes and map drawing.
                    The actual menu user interface works fast but not the routing.

I renamed the program folder from Garmin 5.03 to Garmin.
                    Inside this is a second Garmin folder do not put maps in there.

You have to have unlocked maps in the first Garmin folder otherwise you will get the error message 'insert the garmin data card'.
                    Unlocked maps are out there if you look, you will need the basemap as well, which is free.

The program then starts up straight away with a black screen with Garmin on it and underneath Mobile XT Copyright 2008.
                    Then a second screen in Chinese with I accept in the bottom left corner in Chinese. Click it.

On the next screen you will have the 5 GPS bars in the top left hand corner, these will be green if you have a signal.
                    You should have or the system software is not unlocked.
                    Tick the spanner symbol (Tools). Remember everything is in Chinese at this stage.

Next tick the top left hand symbol (a spanner) for settings.

Next tick the bottom left hand symbol (a device screen) for display.

Next tick the third choice down which is Chinese for 'text'.

Next tick the top choice which is American English and press done.

Now everything is in English, which is fine if you want English.

Now you can set the settings you want.

Go back to Display and click keyboards, you will see two choices, unfortunately still in Chinese. Tick the top one and press done.

Go to 'where to?' Press 'Addresses'.
                    You will be asked 'Select Country'. Press it. Select your country from the list.
                    Press 'Select City/Post Code'
                    Press 'Spell'.
                    You will then be faced with a keypad in Chinese, don't panic. Press 'ABC'.
                    An alphabetic keyboard in English will appear. Type in your city and press the Chinese' accept' box bottom right. Wait a second and choices will appear. Click the one you want.
                    Next enter the house number press accept now press 'spell'.
                    Now press 'ABC'. Put in you street name. Press 'ABC'/Accept
                    Tick the choice.
                    Press 'GO'
                    The route will be calculated (slowly unfortunately).
                    Your map screen will show (slowly) and the first voice instruction will be heard.

You can use the full postcode search in a similar way, it takes a couple of seconds to find it, then you input the house number and away you go.

And remember when you turn this off use the exit cross on the start page and give it 5 seconds or so to save settings before you turn off your device, otherwise your settings may not be saved.

Good luck.

I haven't road tested it yet....I suspect it may be too slow to use.
                    Last edited by Stand-Offish; 22nd May 2010, 19:10.

Comment

Re: Garmin Mobile XT for WINCE6

Doesn't work for me on my mio moov 500. It does not start up from disk or if I try to start from explorer ....
                      TH
                      Mio Moov Spirit 500 unlocked - iGO Primo 2.4 ( 9.6.13.267029 - November 2012 ) + TMC

Comment

Re: Garmin Mobile XT for WINCE6

It is as I suspected, it is too slow to draw the route and update it to be of any use for driving.
                        The voice directions are quicker.
                        Route recalculation is so slow as to be useless in practical situations.
                        This must be a pathway problem with instructions, or the program needs de-cluttering.

I've since revisited this program and it will work fast enough in 2D and with the map detail turned down to least and with autozoom switched off to be usable for driving.
                        Last edited by Stand-Offish; 26th May 2010, 21:29.

Comment

The links are not working anymore , any updates

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by samsoon View Post
                            The links are not working anymore , any updates

thanks
                            i had check the megaupload link and it is still working, however you can use this alternative link which works for 10 times
                            http://rapidshare.com/files/39426262...T5.03.rar.html

Comment

Originally posted by Stand-Offish View Post
                              The program then starts up straight away with a black screen with Garmin on it and underneath Mobile XT Copyright 2008.
                              Then a second screen in Chinese with I accept in the bottom left corner in Chinese. Click it.
                              I am able to ge to the second screen. however, I only see one button at the bottom right. There is no button at bottom left ???
                              In English version there are 2 buttons and agree button is bottom left.

Any idea?
                              When I click the only button there, it exits.

Comment

This is the only release that works on my device which is 4.3" chinese apical, win ce 6.0.
                                Other releases doesn't find internal gps or cannot be cracked but this one works without a problem.
                                Only problem is slowness. When I zoom in on the map it takes 3 seconds to draw. I tried to close all POI's on the map and set the detail as least but nothing changed. although my device has 500 MHz cpu and 128 MB RAM, Garmin is extremely slow. I also edited garmindevice.xml as advised but it didn't work.

If you can find any solution, I'd appreciate. However, I'm doing very wel with iGo and its derivations. Especially Primo is much better than others.

Comment

Working...
                                X