Need help, 2100max, formatted SD but no software backup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help, 2100max, formatted SD but no software backup

I have tried every download i have found, and no matter what, it passes the device ID screen and freezes on the Navigon screen

I could really use some help getting this working again, im getting a larger SD card to fit the newer software/maps and i have a 3-year map update (haha fat lot of good thats done me, with only 2 updates in the 6months ive had the damn thing)

anyways, could anyone tell me what settings i should check or perhaps send me a zip files or upload their software for me? really need this working for work/craigslist/life

Re: Need help, 2100max, formatted SD but no software backup

Originally posted by Ice View Post
    I have tried every download i have found, and no matter what, it passes the device ID screen and freezes on the Navigon screen

I could really use some help getting this working again, im getting a larger SD card to fit the newer software/maps and i have a 3-year map update (haha fat lot of good thats done me, with only 2 updates in the 6months ive had the damn thing)

anyways, could anyone tell me what settings i should check or perhaps send me a zip files or upload their software for me? really need this working for work/craigslist/life
    Try this updated file for the 5100 MAX, which is the same hardware.....http://www.mediafire.com/file/z2zonz...5100%20Max.rar this file is the SD version of the 4310 MAX.

Comment

i already downloaded and tried your file, i got the same problem, im not sure where the problem lies

with your software on my device, it wont load, and when i try to update or download maps using fresh, it says invalid device definition

Comment

i already downloaded and tried your file, i got the same problem, im not sure where the problem lies

with your software on my device, it wont load, and when i try to update or download maps using fresh, it says invalid device definition

I found the original 2100Max software. Load this software to get things working and then we can determine what is going on with your device. Since you have a Fresh Maps subscription, use the orginal software to connect and then let the natural process of upgrading everything via Fresh Maps.

The version I found didn't have the autorun files in the main sub directory..so I added the ones I had for the 2150. IF it doen't boot, don't worry, your Fresh Maps update will update the software.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vhmwdy...l 2100 Max.rar

Comment

i got an authentication error unzipping using winrar, i will still give it a go and see if it works, fingers crossed, may be a few days, having wisdom teeth out today

Comment

grrr, ya i wouldnt put too much stock in fresh, fresh just hates me or something, it recognizes the SD card as the location for the MN software, but it still gets an invalid device definition

could be it missed a file due to the authentication error durring unzipping? i dont know :-(\

Edit: hold on, i put the software on the wrong SD, give me a minute

Edit2: nope, still get invalid device def. when trying to update, still freezes on startup
            Last edited by Ice; 20th May 2010, 19:42.

Comment

grrr, ya i wouldnt put too much stock in fresh, fresh just hates me or something, it recognizes the SD card as the location for the MN software, but it still gets an invalid device definition

could be it missed a file due to the authentication error durring unzipping? i dont know :-(\

Edit: hold on, i put the software on the wrong SD, give me a minute

Edit2: nope, still get invalid device def. when trying to update, still freezes on startup
              Let's see is some one can jump in a help figure this one out....I'm out of ideas.

Comment

I think i just need someone with an actual 2100max US model to copy off their software and zip it up for me

the 2100max software you posted, im pretty sure ive downloaded it, and its the EU version so everything under version is for a european model

and im really not sure why your 4350 software wont work

Comment

I think i just need someone with an actual 2100max US model to copy off their software and zip it up for me

the 2100max software you posted, im pretty sure ive downloaded it, and its the EU version so everything under version is for a european model

and im really not sure why your 4350 software wont work
                  OK...here is the ORIGINAL 2100 Max software...it's version 6.5. Load this and then try to update via fresh maps. http://www.mediafire.com/file/05dmgm...nalMN65-38.rar

Comment

OK, it wont update past MN6, but it seems to be working, im downloading Q1 maps to verify, O.o fingers crossed and knock on wood, if this works mass no-homo <3

Comment

it worked, it actually is 7-series software, says so in the GPS unit, fresh is just retarded

got the maps installed, and its working, thanks a ton man, make sure that link is posted/stickied, that software was a bitch and a half to find

Comment

it worked, it actually is 7-series software, says so in the GPS unit, fresh is just retarded

got the maps installed, and its working, thanks a ton man, make sure that link is posted/stickied, that software was a bitch and a half to find
                        Glad it worked Best of luck! and enjoy

Comment

Hi Guys, just trying to get my head around this "Official Upgrade for the 21xx Max/5100 Max to 4310 Max" . I have upgraded and i get grey screen for gps, GPS sattelites are up ok but no map and i cant enter any destination. I tried the compiled version and i again added the 2009 Australian maps from my original 2100max and same problem no maps on the main screen, but the US maps load up fine ?
                          I followed the instructions best i could but something is missing here, other posts indicate that the old maps may not be compatable after this upgrade, yet notes say works with any maps just keep the nls files with maps, if so how can i get my poor brothers GPS working again ? he's gunna be pretty angry with me for messing with his GPS so please any help much appreciated. thanks

Comment

Hello, i have a problem with 2100max gps, i was trying to put 4310max and by mystake i erase the flash disk, now i have in main screen this message "image file corrupted, update cancelled" and in top left corner "?.04??.0409" and i cannot open the device. Any solutions to my problem ?

Comment

Hi I have Navigon 2110 max and I need to replace the SD card with 4 gig one.
                              I have copyed evrething on the new card from the old boot it up and navigon is not working.
                              Any ides ??
                              is there procedure for unlocking new cads??
                              Thanks.
                              P

Comment

Working...
                              X