Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigon for WinCe 5.0 GPS

Hi,

I would like to know if is it possible to install/run Navigon on a GPS using WinCe 5.0. My GPS use Destinator software presently.

- Instructions ?
    - Download Link (Software and map for North America) ?

Regards,
    Willow Gate

Re: Navigon for WinCe 5.0 GPS

Hi..

Yes it is possible to run on your Wince 5 GPS.. but first you need to unlock your device before installing the Navigon..
    In the Unlock GPS forum you can find many threads on how to unlock Wince 5 device..

For the navigon SW you can go to this thread http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...T-71xx-Edition or try to google in other sites.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for your response. I will unlock my GSP and I will try the 7.4.3 version. But, just to be sure, the 7.5.2 doesn't works on WinCe 5.0, only on WinCe 6.0 ?

Regards.
      Willow Gate

Comment

Hi willowgate..

From other responses, 7.5.2 doesn`t work on Wince 6.0. I`ve never tried it but 7.4.3 works fine on my Navman S50 (Wince 5.0)

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for your response. I will retry the 7.4.3 tomorrow. I did a quick test yesterday, but I got an fatal application error when I started the Navigon.exe

Do you know if I need to change some config file before using the package or running the navigon.exe file ?

Program: navigon.exe
          Exception 0xc0000005
          Address: I forgot the code.

Regards.
          Jonathan

Comment

Hi,

Could someone tell me if can install this software (interface and maps) on a Nokia 500 running (Windows CED 5.0) and where/how can I get download it from?

Thanks so much!

Comment

You can try these two files to fix the errors. Just replace the original files with these new files..

1)
              2) VARJOMIES MN7 SETTINGS.rar

~credit to Varjomies

Cheers..

Comment

Originally posted by cruzzy3 View Post
                Hi,

Could someone tell me if can install this software (interface and maps) on a Nokia 500 running (Windows CED 5.0) and where/how can I get download it from?

Thanks so much!
                Hi cruzzy3,

I`m not sure about that because I`ve never used Nokia... but you can give a try or you can ask other experts on the other thread http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...T-71xx-Edition.

But from what i read in other forums, Navigon can be installed on Nokia 500..

Cheers

Comment

Hi Dupree,

I tried your fixes but I got the same error, address: 0015A400. Any idea ?

Regards,
                  Jonathan

Comment

Hi again,

I think my GPS support only the resolution 240x320. I would like to know if the Navigon 7.4.3 can be use in this resolution ?

Regards,
                    Willow Gate

Comment

Hi willowgate..

In my knowledge, i think it supports any res..

Try to follow the below instructions. That`s not mine but from the old gpsunderground.

.................................................. .................................................. ..................

- Copy the main folder NAVIGON and all of its contents at the root of your SD card. Then do some editing:

- Go to SD\NAVIGON\Settings and open the file: ApplicationSettingsPathes . Inside the file you will see:
                      <UserSettings>/My Flash Disk/NAVIGON/Settings</UserSettings>
                      Change this to:
                      <UserSettings>/Storage card/NAVIGON/Settings</UserSettings>

- Then - Inside the same folder (settings) - open the file called: UserSetting
                      . Find and delete the following:
                      <DayNightMode>0</DayNightMode>
                      Inside the same file (UserSettings) set the GPS right:
                      <GPS>
                      <Type>NMEA</Type>
                      <GPSPort>your device port??</GPSPort>
                      <TMCPort />
                      <Baudrate>your device baudrate??</Baudrate>
                      <DRVPrefix />
                      </GPS>

- Then - also inside the "settings" folder, find and open the file called ApplicationSettings. Find <ExitBehaviour>3</ExitBehaviour> and change this to <ExitBehaviour>4</ExitBehaviour> (this is to aviod MN7 hanging i memory after EXIT)

- Then its time for the map. Place the map folder INSIDE the NAVIGON main folder. The MN7 maps are seperated into several pieces more like tomtom, so it`s important that ALL of its content goes wit your chosen maps. Inside the map folder you put the reality view file. If the map-thing is not correctly done, you will get a MAV error!

- Now start up Navigon. Maybe you get a error, but don`t worry: Just make a soft reset and then try again.

.................................................. .................................................. ..................

But before that you need these 2 files together with the error fixes that i`ve posted before to run the SW..

* Here is the files http://rapidshare.com/files/245004429/tools.rar
                      password:gpsu

Copy UpdateMe.exe and UpdateMe.nfrun to your sd card.
                      Do not use AUTORUNCE.EXE to run the software.

Hope this would help....

Cheers

Comment

Hi willogate.. pls use UpdateMe.exe to run the software.

Cheers

Comment

Hi.
                          I have a magellan maestro 3100 made in china with windows Ce core 5.0 and i'm running several gps sw like destinator 9 igo amigo igo primo mireo polnav and novogo without instalation just drag and drop to sd card but i can't run navigon or ndrive or tomotom i don't know why.
                          can you help me if i can run navigon on my magellan please
                          sorry for my english i'm portuguese

thank you
                          obrigado

Comment

Hi,

It doesn`t matter.. Me too not a native English speaker...

What version did you use? In my knowledge, the latest version that supports wince 5 is version 7.4.3 build 801. I dont have the SW but your can get it from other forum like mobilepassion. You cannot just drag and drop the files into your sd card. You have to edit the user setting files according to your device and execute the system using the updateme.exe. You can get all these files from my previous post. Have you tried using the above instruction?
                            one more thing is in my experience, all navigon folders must not be kept under one folder.

Pls let me know If you still got problems to run the software..

Cheers

Cheers.

Comment

Hi Dupree,

I tried your procedure, but I got the same error:

Fatal Application Error
                              Program: navigon.exe
                              Exception: 0xC0000005
                              Address: 0015A400

Note: I changed the values "/My Flash Disk/..." and "/Storage card/..." by "SDMMC" is the name I see in WinCe / Drive access to the SD.

Do you have any other suggestion ?

Regards,
                              Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                              X