The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name), The forum generates income from marketing, adsense, and membership. please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it.

Announcement

Collapse

For Sale

The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name). Please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it. The forum generates income from marketing,
adsense, and membership

See more
See less

Omnitech #15223 all in one car navigator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omnitech #15223 all in one car navigator

I have or should say I was given (FREE) an Omnitech #15223 all in one car navigator
    I can turn it on and I get the jingle then it just hangs on the splash screen
    I touch the screen and clicks but nothing is happening.
    I think it has a corrupted SD card, or erased SD card.
    The guy who gave it to me , said he had tried to mod it from a video on YouTube, He admits he has not the slightest idea to what he did.
    So my question are ???
    1) Can anyone help me with getting this SD card back factory setting
    2) Can I Format the SD card and load something like Tom Tom or Garmin on the SD card and run it on Omnitech GPS

I’m open to any suggestion
    I do not want? dispose of this equipment

Graham
    VE1GCO
    I hope I didn't brain my damage. --Homer Simpson

Re: Omnitech #15223 all in one car navigator

Although you could put TomTom or Garmin on this device, I dont think the TTS will work. Users typically install Igo, Navigon, or Destinator 9.

I'll see if i can find some software for you

Comment

Although I couldnt find the original SD data, there are alternatives:

Option A:
      1: download software from Nokia 500 and Omnitech GPS unlock and hack page video
      2. get the corresponding map files (such as for destinator, igo, or navigon) from gpsunderground

Option B:
      1. read up about the omnitech Hacking Omnitech 4.3" GPS - Discussion - Slickdeals.net

that link will give links to skins as well as getting igo maps via itunes.

Comment

Complete solution for a working Navigon GPS software on Omnitech:

1. Have a blank, formated, SD (no SDHC) memory card at least 2GB in size (or larger)
        2. download the skin
        3. extract files and place in SD card (i.e. remove files from the geniv folder and place in the root of your SD card)
        4. Download Navigon 7.4.2 build 802
        5. extract file
        6. copy/cut Navigon folder (within "MN7.4.2Build802-PDAv19_Modified" folder) and "paste" it in your SD card so that it replaces the empty Navigon folder
        7. modify usersettings.xml file (under-settings folder in Navigon folder). change the GSPport to 1 and baudrate to 4800
        8. download latest maps/POI files
        9. place extracted map/poi folders in the navigon folder
        Last edited by findthedr; 4th July 2012, 04:45.

Comment

hi findthedr. i set up my omnitech 15223 and it works wonderfully.
          just wondering though if you can help me with a small preference...
          the downloads listed above turn off the screen and key "clicks"
          can you help me with turning them back on?
          i can access teh control panel through the gps and turn them on but it won't allow me to save the changes.
          is there a way to modify one of the files so that this stays on?
          thank you for your help!

Comment

is there a Igo8 modified along with navigon, it would be nice to have both system
            thanks in advance

Comment

findthedr
              I got everything to work but now I can seem to be able to do steps

all the links I can find don't work or are full of virus.
              any suggestions.
              I hope I didn't brain my damage. --Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by vncool View Post
                is there a Igo8 modified along with navigon, it would be nice to have both system
                thanks in advance
                yes there is. I dont have access to it anymore, but it is simply modifying the windows CE igo 8 version. easy to do. THe only problem is that igo tends to use more memory than navigon. Primo uses even more. Memory is an issue for these omnitech gps.

you can get the software here. I would reccomend 8.4x or older.

Originally posted by ducke View Post
                findthedr
                I got everything to work but now I can seem to be able to do steps

all the links I can find don't work or are full of virus.
                any suggestions.
                are you in the USA or outside?
                This thread I put together has maps/POI and is virus free. I just checked it and it still has plenty of live links with live mirrors and a torrent.

you should be able to find similar for other countries.

Comment

Hi all!
                  Just wanted to update you all on how I made out with my Omnitech 15223.
                  I ended up downloading the 7-day trial version and installing it from GPS Navigation Maps, Windows CE Maps, Navteq Navigation Solutions - Desnav - Navigation Solutions
                  A few bugs had to be worked out but after all was said and done it worked wonderfully...

Comment

can't find the skin geniv-ma-v2.1.rar any were. is there another one on the net some where?
                    Thanks
                    rawpaw40

Comment

Working...
                    X