[solved]Looking for help to install Sygic to my Maemo5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [solved]Looking for help to install Sygic to my Maemo5

Hi everyone, i just got my new and shiny N900 and i am stuck with installing/updating. I have Sygic Mobile Maps 9 installed, it crashes down immediately when i try to open it. I would like to have that version 10 installed I tried to follow the instructions from other thread how to update version 9 to version 10 but i don't find that folder where the program is installed. And i don't find Version 10 installer anywhere for maemo. Sorry for a lame post. But i would be very grateful if someone could help me with my problem. Thanks
    Last edited by Airion; 29th July 2010, 11:25.

Re: Looking for help to install Sygic to my Maemo5

Originally posted by sidari View Post
    Hi everyone, i just got my new and shiny N900 and i am stuck with installing/updating. I have Sygic Mobile Maps 9 installed, it crashes down immediately when i try to open it. I would like to have that version 10 installed I tried to follow the instructions from other thread how to update version 9 to version 10 but i don't find that folder where the program is installed. And i don't find Version 10 installer anywhere for maemo. Sorry for a lame post. But i would be very grateful if someone could help me with my problem. Thanks
    Read this thread for some info

Last edited by Airion; 27th July 2010, 13:20.

Comment

Thanks for the help, i got it working. Now for 1 more question, i got full europe activated, how i can activate Thailand also? I got the map what i downloaded from this forum.

Comment

edit the mlm file - add [THA] into mlm along with the same details as europe.
        Ned to change the name of mlm - to whatever you like - world or thaieroupe etc. recreate license text

Comment

Thanks for the help Airion, you are the best!

Comment

Hi Airion,

I installed Sygic 9 on my N900 yesterday but I need some activation codes for this. can you please help ?

Comment

Originally posted by iamgibson View Post
              Hi Airion,

I installed Sygic 9 on my N900 yesterday but I need some activation codes for this. can you please help ?
              what codes do you need. More details required

Comment

Re: [solved]Looking for help to install Sygic to my Maemo5

Hello Airion,

I need an activation code for my N900 (Device Code : 356938033573800)
                I've installed Mobile Maps 9 on my N900.

I'm actually a newbie in terms of GPS applications and I would greatly appreciate some help.

thanks a bunch,
                iamgibson

Comment

Originally posted by iamgibson View Post
                  Hello Airion,

I need an activation code for my N900 (Device Code : 356938033573800)
                  I've installed Mobile Maps 9 on my N900.

I'm actually a newbie in terms of GPS applications and I would greatly appreciate some help.

thanks a bunch,
                  iamgibson
                  What are the details of the countries and mlm file that you used.

Comment

Hello Airion,

I selected the Malaysian map. As for mlm, I'm not sure what it is actually.

thanks.

Comment

Hello Airion,

Just checked the files in File Manager and noticed a file with a MLM extension. It's Malaysia.mlm

Comment

Read sygic file system for more details

Comment

Hello Airion,

Thanks a bunch for the info. Got it working but unfortunately I got lost..... as the map that I have is an old one.

Do you have the latest Malaysian map ?

thanks,
                          gibson

Comment

Originally posted by sidari View Post
                            Hi, can somebody help to install sygic 9, which directory exactly should i copy all the files to N900..? i tried to istall but i crash when i open the application.. It would be very grateful if i can use sygic 9..

Comment

Originally posted by will_xy27 View Post
                              Hi, can somebody help to install sygic 9, which directory exactly should i copy all the files to N900..? i tried to istall but i crash when i open the application.. It would be very grateful if i can use sygic 9..
                              1) Which version did you install
                              2) Did you create a CORRECT MLM file and license text
                              3) What maps did you use and how are they placed.

Comment

Working...
                              X