X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TomTom XL (1GB internal memory), need help for update

Hello guys, nice you're back.

My friend want to update his TomTom XL (1GB internal memory) device. On the bottom I read (4EG0.001.00); N14644; Canada 310. In a txt file on the device I found [application-version] 7.521.
    I tried to upload few versions of Navcore:
    8.562.xl2009_live_2048_tts.CAB-navcore-XL_LIVE
    8.414.xl2009_plus_tts.CAB-navcore-ONE_XL
    8.410.xl2009_plus_2048_tts.CAB-navcore-PLF
    8.410.xl2009_plus_2048.CAB-navcore-PLF
    One of the version crashed on the welcome screen, the other versions crashed when I touch the screen.
    Can anyone tell me how can I update this device?
    Which version of maps you will recomed me to use?
    Last edited by jarkita; 8th June 2010, 22:52. Reason: post moved

Re: TomTom XL (1GB internal memory), need help for update

The cabs you tried will not work since they are designed for a different XL version. Yours would be this one:
    Code:
    http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/navcore_8.010.9369.small.xl2008.cab
    But since there are so many XL models, I would update through TomTomHome in order to obtain the proper version 8.**** and then patch this navcore. You can use that with a WE or US+CDN or US+MEX 845.2666 map (or 850.2820 if it is around yet) which will fit on 1 GB.

If you want to run an 8.562 version, download the SE version by TTUser. This can be configured to any device, just read the file readmenot.txt for the correct switches.

Comment

Re: TomTom XL (1GB internal memory), need help for update

If you have a "One XL HD Traffic", then you are stuck with version 7.xx!
      Tomtom have an upgrade program in place where for the price of a map update they offer a totally new XL Live! Not a bad deal at all...

Comment

Working...
      X