This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please tomtom frezzes

hi all just put navcore 8.562 and map 2781 on tomtom 3rd edition all fine but when it boots up and i touch i agree to the terms screen when it goes to map screen it puts the map up but frezes out cant use touch screen or switch off any help please

Re: help please tomtom frezzes

It probably is caused by a file called mapsettings.cfg.
    However, if you delete this file, you also loose stored favourite addresses so instead of deleting it, you can also convert it:

Connect your Tomtom to Home and klick on "operate my ..." then add a random address or location to your favorites.
    This will actually rewrite the file mapseeting.cfg to the right format and you get rid of the rebooting loop without loosing your prcious favorites!

In order to operate your tomtom, you need to let TTHome download a DLL file, then you need to patch this file using easyusetools (the option patch TTHome) and you need to copy all data**.chk files from the root of your tomtom to the location where tomtom stores the DLL. This is somewhere in your userprofile, C:\Documents and Settings\<<YOU>>\Application Data\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\??????.default\extension s\Navcore.8.?????@tomtom.com if you have Windows XP, "C:\Users\???????\AppData \Roaming\TomTom\HOME\Profiles\?????
    ????.default\extensions\Navcore.8.?????@tomtom.com ".

Comment

HI there i am not botherd about deliting it but this file is not on the tomtom need help just cant get it to run
      Last edited by marts; 9th June 2010, 14:50.

Comment

hi found it now delited it made no differance thanks for your help so far

Comment

Have you run the tomtom clear flash tool on the unit. It sounds similar to an issue I had.

Do a search for it. It is am official tomtom tool.

Cheers

Comment

thanks all sorted now used navcore 8.417se all good

Comment

Working...
            X