X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram/Eco routes on a One XL

Can anyone give some advice please.

I have just updated my Tomtom One XL to have the 850.2781 UK & ROI map and also Navcore.9.101.516023.

The problem i am having is when i try to navigate to a location using ECo route it goes half way through then stops and says that i cannot do it. if i try shortest route it works. it also works sometimes on a very short Eco route. Looking at the ram i have available it is giving me about 2 -2.5mb free when running normally. i never had this problem before, is it the map or the navcore, or am i doing something wrong.

if anyone can give some guidance, i would be grateful.

Many thanks

Re: Ram/Eco routes on a One XL

2,5 MB is really not enough. Have you removed the \outsourced.9101 folder?
    Also, try running x40light mode instead of x40.

Comment

Hi Heijx,

many thanks for the help. To my knowledge the outsourced folder is still in there as per the original navcore from this site. how do i change to x40 lite, sorry but bit of a newbie. thanks in advance.

Comment

Change x40 into x40light in the setconfig.txt file.

Comment

Megalos,

many thankks for the advice. please could you expand on it a little please. I have a One xl, i dont use ASR, Live services, FM transmitter or blue tooth, but do use IQ routes. how do i set this file up, do i write it myself, or can i download it from somewhere?

many thanks in advance

Comment

model:x40light
            runcheck
            delgns for TMC - removes old cached data
            ttsoff but remove this if you want vocalizerTTS.
            btoff but set bton if you cannot see speedcams that you use
            fmoff set fmon if you use TMC which does not work
            noqfixdel retains quickgpsfix data on Globallocate chips

Here's more info on what switchfiles do:

Code:
            http://www.austech.info/gps/27844-switchfiles-dummies.html

Comment

Originally posted by kmart71 View Post
              how do i set this file up, do i write it myself, or can i download it from somewhere?
              Yes, you can write it yourself. Just open the setconfig.txt file in notepad for example and change the text (like heijx wrote) and save. The setconfig.txt file should be in the root, or in the Config folder.

Comment

Many thanks Megalos & Heijx, unfortunately i am having trouble following the guide etc. not wishing to be lazy, is there a standard X40light file that i can put on the device, or are they device specific?

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kmart71 View Post
                  Many thanks Megalos & Heijx, unfortunately i am having trouble following the guide etc. not wishing to be lazy, is there a standard X40light file that i can put on the device, or are they device specific?

Many thanks
                  It's just a plain text file. Edit it with notepad. Just copy paste the following as minimum (last two turn off bluetooth and fm)

model:x40light
                  btoff
                  fmoff
                  °(((=((===°°°(((===========================================

Comment

Many Thanks,

Is there anything else that i could add to this config file to free up some additional ram. I dont use CSpeech or ASR, just voices, speed cams, IQ routes and post codes. i also have fuel stations, would it help if i removed them as ewell.

many thanks for the advice.

Comment

The more points of interest it has to show, the more memory it needs.
                      You can go into the menu > Configuration > Points of interest and unselect the standard POI that are shown (train stations etc) and instead have it show only those POI that matter to you. I personally have it show only fuel stations and ATM machines.
                      Also, there is a folder called \outsourced.9101 which makes the SE Navcore use a swapping mechanism and thus frees up RAM. If you have removed that, you should place it back.

Comment

Working...
                      X