X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck 8.395 on G0710 Small issue

Hi all !

I loaded App 8.395 onto my Go710, It works a treat apart from one thing,,, As soon as i attatch the unit onto the car stand the screen flashes up with the message " Connecting to RDS-TMC" Now that would be great if i actually had one,,,LoL.

Does anyone have any idea how to stop this happening?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Truck 8.395 on G0710 Small issue

Rename the files tmccodes.dat and traffic.dat in the map folder. For exemple by adding .bak to the end. This should take care of the problem.

Comment

Hi heijx,

Just had a go with your suggestion, Didnt seem to do anything, Still the same happens when i place the Tomtom on the mount.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by lemon2007lemon View Post
        Hi heijx,

Just had a go with your suggestion, Didnt seem to do anything, Still the same happens when i place the Tomtom on the mount.

Thank you.
        There is one other option, which involves the use of a file called ttpnpd. It is a binary file of about 31 kB and it needs to be put in the root of the tomtom.
        It is in Navcore SE 8.204 which you can obtain from Rapidshare:
        Code:
        http://rapidshare.com/files/238291680/navcore_8.204.9718.rar
        Download it and look inside it in the folder \outsourced.bin. There is a file ttpnpd which you copy towards the main folder of your SD card. Reboot and it should be without the TMC bar.

Comment

Heijx You are a STAR !

Thank you very much!!

Comment

hi ive the same problem on my go500...ive tried both of the above and neither have worked..is there any other way of turning off the traffic side?

Comment

On a 500 it all seems a bit harder. I have seen people modding their Tomtom mount (apparently isolating a pin on the connector) as a final resort.
              One last thing that comes to mind is removing the \gns folder and setting the switch fmoff in setconfig.txt.

Comment

Working...
              X