This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backingup Recent Destinatiopns & Favorites

Is there anyway to keep or backup my recent destinations & favorites. I upgrades my maps from 845.**** to 850.****. I have been able to do it before by copying the MapSettings.cfg & MapUserPatch.dat from the previous map folder to the newer one. This time it is not working for some reason.

Re: Backingup Recent Destinatiopns & Favorites

Originally posted by jadesse View Post
    Is there anyway to keep or backup my recent destinations & favorites. I upgrades my maps from 845.**** to 850.****. I have been able to do it before by copying the MapSettings.cfg & MapUserPatch.dat from the previous map folder to the newer one. This time it is not working for some reason.
    After copying back your old "mapsettings.cfg" file, your device does not find them.
    Connect your device to TT Home and use "operate my Go" and manually add a favorite.
    Anything will do, and name it "test".
    Disconnect and restart your device, this will re-write the "mapsettings.cfg" file.
    It should now work fine, delete "test".
    TomTom Go730 + Bootloader 5.5229 + Navcore SE 9485 + Latest UK Map
    Garmin Zumo 660LM + Latest Firmware and Maps
    Windows Ultimate 7 64bit + OCZ-SSD + i7 2600K @ 4.6 GHz + 2GB Radeon HD 6970 + 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Comment

Yup - this has been the holy grail of mapsettings - and it just works - tried it out recently restoring a copy of mapsettings from two map versions ago and worked prefectly...
      °(((=((===°°°(((===========================================

Comment

BBS Tools also can do the backup and restore of favorites.. Among lots of other stuff

Do a search for it I found it on one of the sites.

Cheers

Comment

I just tried it again & it worked. Don't know why it didn't before.

I'll have to try BBS Tools.

Comment

Working...
          X