This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomtom XXL 530/540s 2GB Map problems

Hello everyone, a newbie to the forums and to Navigation stuff as well. I have used Garmin in the past but this TOMTOM XXL I have is giving me troubles. I dont know exactly which model it is because I got it from a friend of mine. What I do know is that the serial # starts with the letters RX followed by a sequence of numbers.

Now the problem I have is that after downloading TOMTOM Home I tried to upload the latest North American map v. 8.50. 2781 I downloaded from a torrent. I placed the downloaded file in the folder TOMTOM Home created and still it will not show up when I go under the tab "Manage my XXL".

I made another stupid mistake of moving the USA. CANAD. MEXICO maps which came preloaded, to another folder in order to make space for the latest North American maps. Since I couldn't get the N.A map to work I moved back and directly copied the preloaded map back to the TOMTOM and when I turn the gps on it says no map available.

Please help, what can I do to get the latest map to work? IF the latest map cannot be used how can I restore the older version? I would REALLY REALLY appreciate the help.

P.S. I have attached a pic of what the TOMTOM internal drive has stored on it at the moment. Maybe I am missing a folder or something that wont allow me to let the maps work. Please advise
    Attached Files
    Last edited by patriot2010; 26th June 2010, 22:48.

Re: tomtom XXL 530/540s 2GB Map problems

From the pics that you have attached, you need to unzip the map rar and place it into a folder named the same as the rar file. Here are a couple pics of what it should look like.
    Attached Files
    XXL 540s IQ Routes Edition, Map: US 2GB v940.5963, App: 9.530

Comment

ok I did extract the files but still there is not map that shows up when I turn the gps on. The current structure of the files and folders on the gps HARD DRIVE look like this:
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, you need to put all those map files into a folder named USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P and then use one of the activation programs like in this forum to activate the map: I have added another pic of the folder name, and inside is all the map files.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Khris View Post
          Ok, you need to put all those map files into a folder named USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P and then use one of the activation programs like in this forum to activate the map: I have added another pic of the folder name, and inside is all the map files.
          Thank you so much Khris. I have a working GPS now. Cheers friend

Comment

You're welcome!

Comment

Working...
            X