This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My tomtom turns off every 5 minutes by itself

After upgrading my tt go 730 to navcore version 8.395 with a new Europe TRUCK 845.2649 map everything works fine.The only problem is the device goes off after 5 minutes.the messages comes up your tomtom go 730 shutting down in 5.4.etc seconds and it really does, meanwhile its connected to laptop and the battery is fully charged,please help

Re: My tomtom turns off every 5 minutes by itself

Originally posted by s-a-n-y-i-b-a View Post
    After upgrading my tt go 730 to navcore version 8.395 with a new Europe TRUCK 845.2649 map everything works fine.The only problem is the device goes off after 5 minutes.the messages comes up your tomtom go 730 shutting down in 5.4.etc seconds and it really does, meanwhile its connected to laptop and the battery is fully charged,please help
    My 730 does the same if its connected to a PC but being used as stand alone, does it do it when used as stand alone and plugged into your car's charger ?
    TomTom Go730 + Bootloader 5.5229 + Navcore SE 9485 + Latest UK Map
    Garmin Zumo 660LM + Latest Firmware and Maps
    Windows Ultimate 7 64bit + OCZ-SSD + i7 2600K @ 4.6 GHz + 2GB Radeon HD 6970 + 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Comment

If you create a notepad file and name it ( nosuspendauto.dat ) and install in the root of your TomTom, device will stay on when connected to your computer. rymacg

Comment

Tried with the car charger for about an hour,its amazing running with no probs.Thanks for great solution. /will also try to create a notepad file just need to find out how/

Comment

With the created and renamed notepad file my tt still goes off unfortunately after a few minutes,when its connected to a computer.

Comment

Really sorry but file name should read ( noautosuspend.dat ) not ( nosuspendauto.dat ) my apologies rymacg

Comment

i'm holding a 530 using exactly the same nav and map (loaded to a 16gb card) with 8.014 and an out of date Uk map on the internal memory but if you goto "change preferences,page 7 of 8,battery saving preferences,select never dim screen followed by unticking the box for switch off when external power is lost,it should sort it for you!

Comment

changed the name of the file to ( noautosuspend.dat ) and it don't goes off any more.thx
                Good forum,fantastic people,brilliant advices

Comment

i had the right settings for battery saving,a problem is solved with the notepad file and yes i also working to get the new map to replace my out of date UK map on internal memory.....lol

Comment

u wont believe it,after all these changes i made the sat nav still goes off in less than 5 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                    X