Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MapShare 20 weeks old!? on new 850.2834 map wtf!?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MapShare 20 weeks old!? on new 850.2834 map wtf!?

Hi folks

Yesterday download this map: "Western and Central Europe 2GB 850.2834" this map is official or beta version!? look here:

MapShare 20 weeks old!? wtf!

Someone explain? or know of anything?

regards....

Re: MapShare 20 weeks old!? on new 850.2834 map wtf!?

I noticed that with another map, but all went good after first MapShare update.

MapShare consists of the 4 following files in your map directory :
    MapServerPatch.dat
    ServerLineIndex.dat
    ServerNameIndex.dat
    PatchFilter.dat

I guess that they came with the map you have downloaded, perhaps they are outdated (which file date ?) because somebody put them here just to activate MapShare.

Just click on the top right big button -- that you called WTF -- when MapShare will be available.

Comment

Originally posted by youpi66 View Post
      I noticed that with another map, but all went good after first MapShare update.

MapShare consists of the 4 following files in your map directory :
      MapServerPatch.dat
      ServerLineIndex.dat
      ServerNameIndex.dat

PatchFilter.dat

I guess that they came with the map you have downloaded, perhaps they are outdated (which file date ?) because somebody put them here just to activate MapShare.

Just click on the top right big button -- that you called WTF -- when MapShare will be available.
      Well, This three files does not appear on the map ... I have copied from another map but does not work ... I am frustrated with this, I have again put the Iberia map, I wait for the official Western and Central Europe 2GB 850.xxx version for this TT IQ Routes ...

regards...

Comment

Why do u say "I wait for the official 850.xxx"....is this not an official one? So far I tested it and it looks fine....in CH there is a lot of new streets and this map have them all.....I think this is a good one and not a fake....

Probably you (and I as well) get that msg because this map is probably a leak and not yet officially released from TomTom (it is not present on the official TomTom maps list....)

Comment

Originally posted by mighty View Post
          Why do u say "I wait for the official 850.xxx"....is this not an official one? So far I tested it and it looks fine....in CH there is a lot of new streets and this map have them all.....I think this is a good one and not a fake....

Probably you (and I as well) get that msg because this map is probably a leak and not yet officially released from TomTom (it is not present on the official TomTom maps list....)
          hummm, maybe maybe.........

Comment

My view on this:

MapServerPatch.dat
            ServerLineIndex.dat
            ServerNameIndex.dat
            PatchFilter.dat

Are not a part of the map. TomTom Home is getting them from Map Share service, however why you are copying old files to a new map? I have Europe_850_2800 now and TTH still prompts me to update my map to old, original 710 version including old postcodes.

Comment

Originally posted by rafu View Post
              My view on this:

MapServerPatch.dat
              ServerLineIndex.dat
              ServerNameIndex.dat
              PatchFilter.dat

Are not a part of the map. TomTom Home is getting them from Map Share service, however why you are copying old files to a new map? I have Europe_850_2800 now and TTH still prompts me to update my map to old, original 710 version including old postcodes.
              850 800 The map takes up a lot more on my TT XL IQ, because it only has 2GB internal memory ... it's strange, the map is new and not being able to update, so I say it is not official ..... well I have now instaled again Western and Central Europa 2GB 245.2645......

regards....
              Last edited by Obekende; 3rd July 2010, 13:28.

Comment

I had it a few toimes with fresh maps I received from TT (legally). I think, since it can't find a date of an earlier update, it assumes a default 20 weeks.
                Nothing to worry about and certainly no sign that the map is suspect in any way.

Comment

Last edited by kewlo; 24th July 2010, 06:46. Reason: Sorry - my mistake.

Comment

Im having the same problem. Ive got tomtom xl iq routes and downloaded and installed new iberia 860.3101 so when i go to tomtom home it says mapshare is 20 weeks old and the mapshare service is unnavaiable... weird thing i guess

Comment

Originally posted by klazpt View Post
                      Im having the same problem. Ive got tomtom xl iq routes and downloaded and installed new iberia 860.3101 so when i go to tomtom home it says mapshare is 20 weeks old and the mapshare service is unnavaiable... weird thing i guess

Give it a little time....TT will release updates in the very near future....Some 860 maps are receiving updates already.

Comment

Originally posted by klazpt View Post
                        Same with me, is TT falling apart ????

Comment

maybe coz these maps r to new they dont have corrections yet... odd in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                          X