X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TomTom Truck..little help needed please

HI
    I have navcore 8.396 running on my Go 730 with Europe 845-134 Truck map...works no probs except it comes up with message saying this map does not support truck when I try to enter size of vehicle....any help appriciated.
    Ta !!

Re: TomTom Truck..little help needed please

Soz...I am using Europe_TRUCK_845.2649 I have made the dct file using easytools everything runs ok except when I try and put truck dimensions in...just says no truck data on map ??
    N

Comment

Like Yuriyggg say's that Truck map MUST have TWO .dct files created for it (one activates the map and the other enables the Truck data) which are:
      Europe_TRUCK-134.meta.dct
      Europe_TRUCK-134.tmeta.dct
      If you do have BOTH of those files inside your map folder it works! Obviously to make both dct's your tool for cracking the map must have both of the required blowfish codes listed in its own meta text file ie:

92 C3 98 B7 D6 E7 76 17 42 73 4E 51 2F A0 7B D8 Europe_TRUCK-134.meta
      6F 13 64 5F 4D 39 8C B9 D4 0B 9F 46 44 58 65 1F Europe_TRUCK-134.tmeta

Comment

BIG THANK YOU ...Works great now
        Nig

Comment

Does anyone have the truck meta files for 850.2800 or 850.2801 please? or 845.2645 thx

Last edited by Ninja21; 7th July 2010, 20:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja21 View Post
            Does anyone have the truck meta files for 850.2800 or 850.2801 please? or 845.2645 thx
            There are no truck meta files for the maps you want. There is but one truck map in every generation. Up until last week, the most current was 840.2554 (november). Then 845.2649 appeared (february) and the truck map in the june generation does not even have a version number (850.2XXX).

Comment

I'm using a 520, but get the error "You cannot use thus map on theis device" Using Nacore 8.396 and truck map Europe_TRUCK_845.2649. I also have the following meta notepad error msg "!!! There is no key for Europe_TRUCK-134.meta in 'Meta.txt'"

Help please!!

Comment

I'm using Easy activator but cant get it to make 2 dct files, I can only get the one so the truck side wont work.

help please as I'm so cloase now

regards

rit

Comment

Originally posted by britdub View Post
                  I'm using Easy activator but cant get it to make 2 dct files, I can only get the one so the truck side wont work.

rit
                  Even though replies to problems like these are quite easy to make it's still frustrating constantly answering the same question...
                  no matter which tool you use eg: easyusertools,Easy activator,BBS tools,Asperin etc,
                  they ALL use a text file called "meta.txt" which MUST have the blowfish codes within it for the EXACT map you want to use (which in your case has been posted at least 3 times just in this thread alone and I don't intend to add to that count)
                  If you don't know how to add it to your existing meta file just download a new one or a fresh copy of any of the tools as they will surely come with an uptodate meta!
                  The above also applies to akacheesy..

Comment

thank you for your patience, but i also get the same errors and yes the meta file is up to date and contains the meta data as listed in this post,
                    if i use the other key gen (the one that has an interface like a tomtom) then i get the attention corrupt meta data warning, although the map appears to work ok,
                    but saying that, it does seem to sent me up weight restricted roads, so suspect it is not working correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by tkwish View Post
                      the meta file is up to date..... map appears to work ok,
                      it does seem to sent me up weight restricted roads, so suspect it is not working correctly.
                      The actual Truck data that would restrict access to vehicles can be a bit suspect although recently the issue I've had is failing to route along routes which are permissible (eg: not routing through the Dartford tunnel on the 845 map for which the "workaround" is using the 840 map )
                      To ensure that you do actually have truck data enabled goto:
                      main menu
                      change preferences
                      page 5 of 8
                      Edit vehicle profile.
                      If you don't have that last option available you haven't activated the truck data.

Comment

Hi tkwish

I have the same problems as you, I've followed all the how too's and watched the videos but still the same problems as you have found.

terrytpot I do thank you for your patience, I'm sure it must be some very small problem, and I have followed everything you have said.

I'll wait till the weekend and have another go at it from a fresh.

Regards

Brit

Comment

Ok I've done it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave up with Europe_TRUCK_845 and went with 840 as per terrytpot and all works great apart from the dartford tunnel !

Regards

Brit

Comment

Originally posted by britdub View Post
                            Ok I've done it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave up with Europe_TRUCK_845 and went with 840 as per terrytpot and all works great apart from the dartford tunnel !

Regards

Brit
                            Congrats, it's great to hear stuffs working for guys who've had problems getting up and running..if you've got the 840 working fine the 845 isn't beyond you either. The only reasons I can think of it not working for you are:
                            01) you were unlucky and grabbed a corrupted (or it got that way during download/extract) map.
                            02) your toolset hasn't got an uptodate meta file
                            03) you've done everything right this time but didn't follow the EXACT same procedure when you tried the 845 map..
                            I am slightly puzzled about your Dartford problem though as mine is with the 845 map not the 840 which has none of the silly restrictions

Comment

I've got the truck map with 840 and today mine decided it would try and route me northbound through the Blackwall tunnel with a truck height set at 14'9..... When I browsed the map and clicked the bit of purple on the road and did correct location it said "Blocked for all trucks" southbound and no restriction for northbound!

Comment

Working...
                              X