Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please remember to use search and check stickys before starting a new thread

I noticed that on the latest Navcores on the Tomtom720 that auto nighttime colors are not.... welll..... auto. I have to change it manually as it won't go from daytime colors to night time colors on its own.

Can anyone tell me what is the latest version of Navcore where this function actually works?

Thank you.

Ambro
    Last edited by ChillyCat; 29th October 2010, 00:40.

Re: What Navcore works best for TomTom 720?

Seriously: You can try newer SE navcores and run them in x20 or x30 mode but your mileage may vary.
    Other option: Set the button to change day/night colours as one of the shortcuts accessible on the main screen. I have only the button for Mapshare update on there but I don't care about night colours anyway.

Comment

8396 Genuine patched Works and so does SE9004 in X30 mode

Comment

I, had the same problem, but i use now the Navcore.9.101.516023, it as the same problem, but if you put a shortcut on the desktop of you TT i cam use a great NAV, very best from the older that you want, a with new colors on teh map's.

Comment

Originally posted by lluca View Post
          I, had the same problem, but i use now the Navcore.9.101.516023, it as the same problem, but if you put a shortcut on the desktop of you TT i cam use a great NAV, very best from the older that you want, a with new colors on teh map's.
          where do you get these updates? do they come with matching working map

Comment

Tomtom home only updates your navcore if it is older than the latest official version for a particular device. For the x20 and x30 it is navcore 8.351.
            If you want a newer navcore you need to get a "modified one", like TTUser's or drhouse's version. I have run 9.051 on my 920 but that was officially for XL devices. Now I am running 9.054, the version intended for Go 940.
            The map you can get separately. Generally speaking, modified navcores run all available maps, with one exception: version 8.**** navcores do not run maps designed for version 9.**** navcores, whether these are patched or not. The 855.2885 maps are designed for navcore 9 whereas the 855.2884 will run on older navcores.

Comment

I tried Nav 9 on tomtom 720 before, the keyboard typing is so sensitive, I gave up, and back to 8.351.

Comment

Originally posted by gaore View Post
                I gave up, and back to 8.351.
                This has been discussed so many times over the years.
                There truly is nothing special about the Turbo'd Navcores.
                Other than a little eye candy, not much else.

Eventually, those who REALLY know.......know to stick with
                current OEM Navcores. The 8.351 is indeed the Navcore to be
                using. Best part about it......... just works.....all of it.

Comment

Working...
                X