This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rural addresses

any one else have a problem when putting in a rural address ? I put in a rural address and when it searches for the address it will hang up and then restart the tomtom. it works fine if I do it in tomtom home. I am using tomtom one with US map.

Re: rural addresses

Try removing the file mapsettings.cfg found in your map folder, as it may be corrupted. Save it somewhere onto your computer, just in case. You will lose your favorites and POI settings, but it should fix this problem.
    TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Comment

that's not it I have 3 tomtoms and they all do the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by kpower283 View Post
        that's not it I have 3 tomtoms and they all do the same thing
        You could have 10 TomToms and they still won't work if they've all had updated navcores, or if you've copied the same mapsettings.cfg file to them all.

I've encountered this exact same problem before and that's how I fixed it, by deleting that file. It only takes a minute to do, so try it on one of your devices and let us know if it has fixed the problem.
        TomTom Tutorials & FAQ
        TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5250
        TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 910.4892, Bootloader: 5.5244

Comment

"I figured out that the rebooting loop problem ,when caused by the mapsettings.cfg file , can be solved without loosing (deleting) your favorites :

Connect your Tomtom to Home and klick on "operate my ..." then add a random address or location to your favorites.
          This will actually rewrite the file mapseeting.cfg to the right format and you get rid of the rebooting loop without loosing your prcious favorites! "

Quote from Downunder35m from austech.

Comment

I did what you said and deleted the mapsettings.cfg file but it still dose the same thing.

Comment

Working...
            X