This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iphone newbie - need help with installing gps

i have just bought the iPhone - am a regular symbian user and whilst an expert in gps on that platform i have nfc what to do to now get tomtom and maps onto the iphone.

is someone able to give me a breakdown of what to do and where to get the files needed for Australian maps/software. many thanks in advance

Re: Iphone newbie - need help with installing gps

1. you must have the iphone app as a IPA file
    2. you drag the IPA into itunes as you've done with every other app
    3. you turn it on & use it

Comment

Originally posted by ChillyCat View Post
      1. you must have the iphone app as a IPA file
      2. you drag the IPA into itunes as you've done with every other app
      3. you turn it on & use it
      Thanks ChillyCat

I downloaded a Tomtom App from GPSUnderground and tried to install it using your description. Everything worked well untill at the end when I got a message that "the software has not been signed".

My 3GS iOS 4.0.1 has Cydia installed but still no go. Someone said I must install Appsync using Cydia? Do you have some words of wisdom or a good source (Idiot's Guide) that you could point me to?

Cheers
      CK

Comment

Then try this, though I dont have an iphone to verify.

Step 1: Jailbreak iPhone

Step 2: Enter Cydia on the iPhone, go to manage, go to sources, click edit (top right), click add (top left) and type :
        Code:
        http://cydia.hackulo.us/
        Ignore Cydia’s silly warnings

Step 3: click search (bottom right), type in ‘installous’. The only result you should get is ‘Installous’.Click this and press ‘install’ (top right)

Step 4: click search again, type in ‘appsync’. The only result you should get is ‘AppSync’.Click this and press install

Step 5: Exit Cydia, and click the new installous icon. Click settings (bottom right). Change ‘Install Method’ to dirty. Toggle ‘iTunes Sync’ to On

Step 6: Download the tomtom app

Step 7: Drag the app you just downloaded into iTunes

Step 8: Plug your iphone into your computer, it should now sync the app. this can take up to 40 minutes

Step 9: Unplug iPhone and run the tomtom app!

Comment

well did this work ????
          dont you hate it when you dont get feed back??
          TomTom Go 530, Europe_truck_890_4266
          8.398 Navcore.Height.
          Uk and Roi 890_4222
          9.401 Navcore
          Height.

iGO Primo 2 800x480 Res Gj6.10.1p_da(DVS1&gurjon) Skin,Truck attributes.

Comment

Originally posted by hogan View Post
            well did this work ????
            dont you hate it when you dont get feed back??
            Hi

Didn't work, but I don't think that there is a problem with the instructions given - (I thought they were very good - thanks.) My app keeps giving an error message about incorrect language/ voice settings and then the app closes. I thought I would rather ask about this error in a TomTom voices forum (instead of here) so that topics don't get mixed up. Unfortunately I have no reply to any requests. At the moment I just drive around purposefully pretending to know where I am going.

Hasta-la-baby Vista
            Carlkru

Comment

Working...
            X