X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help PLEASE.Tomtom one stuck on splash screen

Re: Urgent help PLEASE.Tomtom one stuck on splash screen

this one thing what can test

copy mapsettings.cfg your map directory safe place and then delete it from device, make this all maps and try boot again

and this is best bootloader for your device too
    and try this tool too
    Last edited by P33dro; 13th August 2010, 01:26.

Comment

Dear Yuriygg i do have the latest version on home 2.7.5
      -when i load 7.5 version and home has finished putting it on my tomtom the device is meant to re-boot and finish installation, but it doesnt instead the device disconnects from the computer but doesnt re-connect, so i have to soft reset it to do that. and then when i try to upgrade again it doesnt come up with any other application just maps etc.

also should this application version of 7.522 with bootloader version of 5.5011 work on my tomtom ? as i previously had application version 8.017 with bootloader ver 5.5026

Comment

Dear P33dro thanks for the reply,
        so the mapsettings.cfg file from the maps folder- i need to copy it, then remove from the device and then re-boot the device?
        also the bootloader for the device you suggested is for tomtom XL (version 5.5128)- is this ok for my device which is the smaller tomtom 0ne v4- if its ok to use how to i load this onto my device?

what does the clear flash utility meant to do? i tried this and all it did was load a clear flash file on my tomtom, was i meant to dosomething after that?
        thank you

Comment

Originally posted by shaz View Post
          I copied the entire contents of his device to mine via cut and past but I still get the same splash screen.
          The bit in RED above wont help at all as the files from his device (even if it's the same sort) are unique to him and wont work for you. I'm not too sure about that 8.017 either?? the only similar one I have is 8.016 and that's for a GO 630 (although I haven't checked for updated navcores very recently)
          I'm not too sure what's the latest bootloader (that's the file called "system") that reportedly works fine for your device but if TTHome is only offering you navcore 7.522 that has an older bootloader which wont overwrite the newer one you used.
          I suggest you..
          1) format your TT
          2) leaving the TT connected to your PC run clearflash..
          3) copy and paste your backup map copy to your device..
          4) run TTHome and update to latest navcore..
          5) keep your fingers crossed and hope it boots for you.
          If that doesn't work you may need to search for the latest confirmed bootloader for your device and start reading up on the DSA tool.
          (the above assumes you were running a legit map and not a cracked one)

Comment

Originally posted by terrytpot View Post
            The bit in RED above wont help at all as the files from his device (even if it's the same sort) are unique to him and wont work for you. I'm not too sure about that 8.017 either?? the only similar one I have is 8.016 and that's for a GO 630 (although I haven't checked for updated navcores very recently)
            I'm not too sure what's the latest bootloader (that's the file called "system") that reportedly works fine for your device but if TTHome is only offering you navcore 7.522 that has an older bootloader which wont overwrite the newer one you used.
            I suggest you..
            1) format your TT
            2) leaving the TT connected to your PC run clearflash..
            3) copy and paste your backup map copy to your device..
            4) run TTHome and update to latest navcore..
            5) keep your fingers crossed and hope it boots for you.
            If that doesn't work you may need to search for the latest confirmed bootloader for your device and start reading up on the DSA tool.
            (the above assumes you were running a legit map and not a cracked one)

thanks for the reply, from the above have just tried 1/ and 2/ and 3/ but tomtom keeps coming up with navcore version 7.522, then t tomtom doesnt re-boot after updating and not create a ttgo.bif file

Please can someone show me where i can find the navcore version 8.017 please?

can also someone show me where i can find the correct bootloader for my device too (i currently have bootloader version 5.5026)?

and what is a DSA tool?

I think my bootloader may be a problem here,
            can someone confirm should navcore 7.522 (an older one than i previously had) work with a bootloader ver 5.5026 (currenly on my device)??
            ps: all my software and maps were original from tomtom.
            Last edited by shaz; 13th August 2010, 13:09.

Comment

#1- Format your Device to Fat32

#2- download and run TomTom Clear Flash TooL on your Device
              Code:
              http://www.tomtom.com/updates/clear_flash/clear_flash.exe
              #3- download and unpack this navcore to your device (unpack part-a first, then part-b)
              #4- place back your MAP folder from a previous backup (remove the MapSettings.cfg file is there's one inside your MAP folder)

#5- try to boot (can take up to a minute the first time,,,)
              Last edited by eskro; 13th August 2010, 13:43.

Comment

Originally posted by eskro View Post
                #1- Format your Device to Fat32

#2- download and run TomTom Clear Flash TooL on your Device
                Code:
                http://www.tomtom.com/updates/clear_flash/clear_flash.exe
                #3- download and unpack this navcore to your device (unpack part-a first, then part-b)
                #4- place back your MAP folder from a previous backup (remove the MapSettings.cfg file is there's one inside your MAP folder)

#5- try to boot (can take up to a minute the first time,,,)
                thanks for the reply,
                is this the correct navcore for the tomtom one (v8) ie the tomtom one 30 series 2008 model?- the one with the "easiport mount" small screen one
                is it an official navcore? and once i've done it will i be able to use tomtom home as per normal?
                once i extract the rar files do i just copy and paste them to my tomtom device?
                thank you really appreciate your help
                Last edited by shaz; 13th August 2010, 16:43.

Comment

Funny, I just joined this great forum to find out the 1st message under TomTom is the same problem I have and with 2 of my TomTom One's! Is it so common for TomTom to break like this? I own a car rental and have thrown out many TomTom's before I decided to try to repair them, such a nice device but my goodness, why do they "break" so much???

I am downloading the files eskro posted to see if I can fix my TomTom's, they are also stuck on splash screen, I can change the splash screen to something else (LOL) but it stays stuck, I did *EVERYTHING* on TomTom's site, from formatting, to clear flash, to disk checking on Windows, EVERYTHING, and it still not booting.

Comment

let me know how you get on, it wouldnt be so bad if i wasnt so dependent on my tomtom, terrible!

Comment

Steps I did:

1.Installed TomTom Home 2.7, linked TomTom, backed it up
                      2.Formatted FAT32 (it had 4096 as allocation unit bytes, left it alone)
                      3.Ran clear_flash.exe (it created a ttn file in tomtom)
                      4.Uncompressed SE_Navcore.8.414.1239.Basicpack.rar onto my tomtom
                      5.Uncompressed SE_ttsystem.8414.1239.rar onto my tomtom
                      6.With TomTom Home 2.7 I copied the map over I had backed up
                      7.Deleted mapsettings.cfg

Left power button pressed and rebooted TomTom, it went to a black screen with white letters. Rebooted but let go power button when I saw the TomTom white words and its still hanging on splash screen! I am about to use them for picture frames like I was doing before! Sample images for customers to see a GPS! LOL!!! BUT ARG!!!

THIS IS VERY FRUSTRATING, SPECIALLY WAITING OVER 1/2 HOUR FOR MAP TO DOWNLOAD TO TOMTOM!!! I am switching to Garmin, I never had issues with them (had c330's and all worked, but they got ugly after a while! Bulky! LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by yuriyggg
                        1-check the version 2.7.5 Last Home
                        2-when the upgrade to 7.5 ... do not unplug the PC and again press the button to upgrade my ONE and so until the Home did not write that updates do not
                        Should boot last official soft (but not less than 8010)
                        Can you explain these steps a little bit better? I would like to try this.

Comment

Also I would like to add to this thread that when I connect the faulty TomTom I don't get the question "Connect to Computer?" it just simply connects to it.

Comment

same here, mine doesnt ask connect to computer, it only connects when i have the usb plugged in and then re-boot it. the problem with adding the se navcore suggested above i think that its not an official one so i didnt want to make things worse. what we need is official navcore i think!
                            is there anybody out there that can help?

Comment

Have just found a link for that 8.417 navcore you guys were looking for which seems to be for a One XL...
                              might help you?

oops,wrong navcore...must be time to go to bed...
                              Last edited by terrytpot; 13th August 2010, 22:57. Reason: oops...

Comment

Working...
                              X