X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck...Getting A 850 Map On A GO730

Re: Stuck...Getting A 850 Map On A GO730

yuriyggg, Thanks alot!! Working like it should!!
    Deleted the "CurrentMap.Dat" file from the SD card & choose the "top" North America map when asked.
    You said to remove the CurrentMap from the CD. Where you referring to the SD card or the files on the unit itself?
    You also said to choose map 850. The choices I had for selecting a map was North America & North American. There were no map numbers. I choose the top one. Had I choose the bottom one, what would have happened?
    Will the CurrentMap.Dat file be written again to the files on the SD card? Asking this question for future map upgrades.

Thanks again!!

Comment

Originally posted by yuriyggg
      1 - file is not removed from the internal memory -only a card
      2 Select the first map and check the screen, which chose
      Then select the second map

3-carrentmap formed when choosing maps
      If it is not, then there will be updates mapshare In this case, copy the file from internal memory to SD card
      I don't understand everything your saying in line 2. I chose the first map. Don't understand "and check the screen, which chose Then select the second map". My internal memory has a different Nav & map from the SD card.

Thanks

Comment

What Yuriyggg is trying to say is:
        When you have the SD Card in, you can choose which map to use. Go to the map selection screen and selct the bottom one. You can then check the map version on the info screen and it should confirm that you are now using 850 version.

Remember however, If you take the SD card out it will Auto switch back to 835. The next time you put the SD card in you will need to reselect the 850 map.

Hope this helps

Comment

Or...to make things easier you can also open the map folder and find the maps .pna file and rename it to whatever you want so that when you go to your map selection screen that's what you see! (this wont change what appears on the device status screen..to do that you need to change the name of the map folder to whatever you want..)

Comment

yuriyggg, thanks again for your help.
            02xdaaus, thanks, your explanation makes it more clear as to what happens when the SD card is removed / unit powered on & off / SD card re-inserted & unit powered on. The 850 map is actually on top & the 832 is on bottom when I need to do an on screen map selection.
            02xdaaus, thanks, this is a great way to tell the difference between the 2 maps. I renamed the .pna file on the SD card & it did not show the change on the on screen map selection. Still shows North America / North America. I renamed the map folder on the SD card & it did not show the change on the on screen map selection. It too shows North America / North America.

Comment

The idea to ID the maps easily is not to rename the .pna file, but open it with notepad and change the for example "ID=Australia.pna 810411061 845" to
              "ID=Australia_845.pna 810411061 845".

When you switch maps it will show "Australia 845" Note how the underscore is not shown. You cannot use a space inside the .pna file. Make a backup of the .pna file before hand JUST IN CASE.

Cheers

Comment

OK, got it now. Changed the pna in note pad & it worked!! Now have the 730 working with the latest map & a better understanding on how it's done. Made a step by step word doc on how I got the latest map up & running so the next time I shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks to everyone for all the help!!

Comment

Working...
                X