This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go715 help

Hello I have an old go715 that used to work fine and I updated it on tomtom and bricked it. I have read that it will take the smae software as a go710.
    Im new to all this and need help.

here is what I found out about the device:
    Device Code= AKZA4ASCSJ
    Ver=V56334G08841
    Ram Disk Ver=20060606
    Boot Loader Ver=429

It had US/Canada Maps ver. 665.1293 on it when it was working...Can I revive this thing or should I use it as a paper weight?

Thanks in advance for all replys, JR

Re: Go715 help

Originally posted by jlr1516 View Post
    Hello I have an old go715 that used to work fine and I updated it on tomtom and bricked it. I have read that it will take the smae software as a go710.
    Im new to all this and need help.
    Hard to believe you bricked tt using tt software ... What exactly happened?
    rgds jarkita
    TT Onev1, 9.430 by bmwdriver, 900.4602-> UK&RoI, Europe; 895.4438 -> PL.
    No support over PM - check Tomtom Tutorials Section and ask within forums.
    Biggest lie in the inernet: I searched but did not find.

Comment

explain, is it booting(starting up) on screen messages, need more info, not heard of a tom tom being bricked as yet, faulty green light and usb yes not with tt software

Comment

Well it was working fine then I downloaded the quickgpsfix file and it started freezing. I contacted TT tech suppot and they told me to copy map folde to desktop, format the card, paste the map folder beck onto the card and reinstall through tomtom home. When I did it did not copy any system files or operating files, only sounds, etc. So when I start the device it keeps showing me the card with a big X on it. I contacted TT again and the second tech told me that it was an european model and they could not help me.

I went and downloaded several navcore systems, but all of them lockup on the start screen..

Comment

May be worth trying ... http://gpsunderground.com/forum/show...Flashing-Red-X
          rgds jarkita
          TT Onev1, 9.430 by bmwdriver, 900.4602-> UK&RoI, Europe; 895.4438 -> PL.
          No support over PM - check Tomtom Tutorials Section and ask within forums.
          Biggest lie in the inernet: I searched but did not find.

Comment

Working...
          X