This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomtom V7 ,,not enough memory available"

please tell me what give me the error,,not enough memory available" after I installed tomtom V7 and I unlocked?what can I do?my device has windows CE 6.0
    thanks

Comment

Re: tomtom V7 ,,not enough memory available"

Yes man i had that problem with my tt 630t, and the solution was to put in on the SD card works a treat!!

Comment

I think there is another explanation about this error

Comment

I have the same problem. I am trying to install Tomtom on to one of those cheap chinese PNA type things. It will install on a similar MYGUIDE 4228 running WinCE 5, but not on this thing which has WinCE 6.
          I think the problem lies in the amount of internal RAM. The new one (the problem one) only has 128kb RAM, whilst the MyGuide has 256kb.
          I have heard that if you use a earlier version of TomTom Navigator, like v7.4 it works. It doesn't for me though. The program will start but I get a 'No Maps Found' error.
          Any help on this would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by beckenbauer View Post
            I have the same problem. I am trying to install Tomtom on to one of those cheap chinese PNA type things. It will install on a similar MYGUIDE 4228 running WinCE 5, but not on this thing which has WinCE 6.
            I think the problem lies in the amount of internal RAM. The new one (the problem one) only has 128kb RAM, whilst the MyGuide has 256kb.
            I have heard that if you use a earlier version of TomTom Navigator, like v7.4 it works. It doesn't for me though. The program will start but I get a 'No Maps Found' error.
            Any help on this would be appreciated.
            Try putting the map contents in the folder "My Documents" which is in the root of the sd card.

Comment

I am still having trouble with this. Can anyone confirm if they have managed to get v7 working on a WinCE v6 Chinese PNA?

Also if anyone knows where I might find either a cooked rom or an update area for this PNA I dont mind trying an OS update in order to try and get passed this problem.

Name = GPS
              Screen Size = 4.7 inch
              Application Version = S930-3-3.12A-AB2F2
              Kernal Version = 930-1.1.5
              NandFlash = 4Gb
              OS = WinCE 6
              Memory = 64mb

Comment

Hi,

I too had this problem, Only with the newer maps.

The device i was using only had 64mb system ram, I changed for a unit that had 128mb ram, Works fine now.

I posted on a host of forums but never found a way round it...

Comment

Out of curiosity have you got many favourites saved? I used TT7 for over a year everyday of the week and only got this problem when i started adding lots of favourites even when i installed TT7 on the SD Card it still gave the same problem unless i got rid of the favourites.

Comment

If you have access to newsgroups you should try this:
                    http://www.binsearch.info/?adv_age=&...%20Guidorenato
                    Uses script only for solving "freeze" problem.
                    No need tot copy mapsettings, no need to name countrymaps "Mappa TT". Just use the tomtom.exe and the ac-power and battery-power "idle" events are set to "never" and TomTom will start after that.
                    You can use your own countrymap, the regular name for that map and no route has to be planned in advance.
                    Check the TomTom.mscr scriptfile, using notepad. If you Navi SD-drive is not called "StorageCard", then adjust it to the name of your Navi SD-drive

Comment

I have had this 'memory' problem on a couple devices,

From past experiences...here are some things i've done to fix

--Somtimes can be sorted by an SD card format and a card restore from my PC

--is the the TomTom Navigator.EXE within the TomTom folder on your SD card -
                      [delete the .exe from "my device"]

-- The Map is not compatible with the TomTom version being used

-- The Map is not in the correct folder, normally the My Documents folder

-- The map has not been unlocked corectly

Comment

Same error:
                        Help please,
                        Is there an issue to get TomTom 7 working on a device with Win CE core 6.0 , 128Mb Ram and 4GB Rom giving massage "Not enough memory" and refuse to start?
                        Ave you any idea about this Pb as 7.4 or 7.9 Gives same error message.
                        I Forgot to specify that TomTom is fitted on the SD card and not in hight memory.
                        maps are now in the "my documents" folder
                        no additive personnal POI and so on.
                        Nothing seems to solve that.
                        In the bif file:
                        I noticed that the unit number has 32 digits and that the patcher only recognise the first 30 ones.
                        So I tested then an other patcher "auto activate" without better results.
                        Information:
                        When the maps were not patched properly TomTom was opening well and running up to the available maps to request for choice.
                        Then after the choice it was telling the identification does not correspond to this map and so on.
                        But with proper patching you just got the starting tomtom Logo and then the grey window " not enough memory"
                        Funny no? (it blocks earlier)
                        Many thanks for any help or return experience in this matter.
                        Belphi
                        (Up to now it was working perfectly on my Myguide 4228 with much less memory available.)
                        Last edited by Belphegor; 31st October 2010, 16:45.

Comment

Working...
                        X