Meta and speedcam issues v1000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meta and speedcam issues v1000

Hi i have tried various maps from v1000 maps and all state when activating maps no speecams in metas hence speedcams not working. Any ideas on fixing this issue. Thanks

The SpeedCams are not part of the map...they are in a separate file that you need to download

Once downloaded, extract the relevant countries files into the 1000 map folder on your device and use FastActivate option 2 to activate
    TomTom Official speedcams (25.12.2017) 134 files download http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/0CO99ohQ/file.html or http://www.mediafire.com/file/dr6bcm3lm5v7nh
    Last edited by fredderf; 1st January 2018, 13:29.

Comment

OK i think you miss understood i have done that and placed them in map folder used easy activator and when activating speedcams it states not in meta and wont activate speedcams ...it will map no problem just not speedcam files

Comment

Create a route from which you know there are sure speedcams
        Now select the option to show an example of the route, listen, watch and see what happen with the speedcams
        TomTom GO 910 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5128 Hitachi HDD replaced by SDHC 32GB Class 10
        TomTom Rider v2 - Navcore 9.500 v5 Menu Bootloader 5.5128 32MB available 5.1MB BeNeLux
        TomTom One N14644 Canada 310 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5011
        TomTom on PDA iPAQ 2210 - HAiCOM HI-305III GPS Receiver PCMCIA - Navcore 7.450 Still running some latest maps.
        TomTom on iPhone 4 Google Maps

Comment

Originally posted by funkoligy View Post
          OK i think you miss understood i have done that and placed them in map folder used easy activator and when activating speedcams it states not in meta and wont activate speedcams ...it will map no problem just not speedcam files
          Ok, in that case use FastActivate to activate them and follow pe1agp's procedure above to test

Comment

Ok i will re try and get back to ye thanks

Comment

Ok answer is No speedcams. I have tried various maps and activators ( easy and fast activators) all the same no speedcams in metas .. maps used Ireland/UK western europe Europe full and America v1000 all the same issues cant activate speedcams as not in meta... I have also tried various speedcams Blitzer and tomtom speedcams same outcome not activated as not in meta
              Last edited by funkoligy; 8th January 2018, 12:21.

Comment

Hmmm you're doing something wrong with the files then....

Place UK & ROI map folder in the root of the drive

Also place the latest version of FastActivate (29-12-2017) in the root

Extract 2 x UK & ROI Premium (or standard) speedcam files inside the UK & ROI map folder (note: just the files...not in a folder)

Run FastActivate from the root and select option 2 (note: you'll see a speedcam *.dct file inside the map folder when it's been activated

Comment

Thanks for you help i have done and re done so many times i never had an issue before v1000.. your instruction i have done to the letter and still the same im wondering if other ppl are having the same issue or has something changed from tomtom with the v1000 metas or maps...

I am not a novice to updating the tomtom unit i have also tried different units maps and speedcams and still the same issue

This issue has only started with v1000 maps

Its frustration lol i have even questioned my experience and re done the unit step by step so many times with no success

Im going to try install v995 to see if it works or there is an issue with me

update: it must be me i have the same issue with maps 995 ........ i think im the issue

Ok im using a .SE navcore with v1000 maps and i place speedcams into map folder (not within a folder in maps) i place easy activator or fast activator in root drive and i activate the map this is the process im using

Pulling my hair out here frustrating same thing i cant seem to get speedcams to activate ....again not in meta...... maps activate no problem its the bloody speecams
                  Last edited by funkoligy; 8th January 2018, 15:46.

Comment

Originally posted by funkoligy View Post
                    Thanks for you help i have done and re done so many times i never had an issue before v1000.. your instruction i have done to the letter and still the same im wondering if other ppl are having the same issue or has something changed from tomtom with the v1000 metas or maps...

I am not a novice to updating the tomtom unit i have also tried different units maps and speedcams and still the same issue

This issue has only started with v1000 maps

Its frustration lol i have even questioned my experience and re done the unit step by step so many times with no success

Im going to try install v995 to see if it works or there is an issue with me

update: it must be me i have the same issue with maps 995 ........ i think im the issue

Ok im using a .SE navcore with v1000 maps and i place speedcams into map folder (not within a folder in maps) i place easy activator or fast activator in root drive and i activate the map this is the process im using

Pulling my hair out here frustrating same thing i cant seem to get speedcams to activate ....again not in meta...... maps activate no problem its the bloody speecams
                    I use SE 9.023 on a GO910, no probs loading/enabling the safety cams.
                    fredderf, could it worth funkoligy running "clearflash"?

Comment

ok ill try clearflash and see....... strange thing is i never had to use it before but i guess first time for everything ill inform when i know more

Comment

ok finally got it working ...but ill say this it was not all my fault some of the navcores will not activate the speedcams so if you have this issue please play with various navcores...... thanks guys

Comment

Glad to hear you got it working although I've never heard of different navcores causing this problem.
                          Of course you haven't mentioned what device you have or what version of navcore you're using?

Normally people get the file structure wrong but now you've elaborated a bit more, that doesn't seem to be the case....I think Hamish was right about using clearflash

Comment

Lol i still have the issues it was a fluke one im totally confused i have a few different tomtom sat navs ranging from one xl to go models i never had an issue updating them before for some reason i have now.... im beginning to think it was not the navcores ..but at this stage ill go without speedcams at least the maps activate and work fine ....just dont know whats gone wrong as i update them every year and i have done nothing different this time so im puzzled. just puzzled

The tomtom one version that worked i used Navcore 9.170 SE with V1000 uk and IRL map all was good then i tried to do the same with xl model and failed to activate speedcams then i tried go model and that failed too i used various GO navcores for the Go model all failed to activate speedcams ...I have tried everything i know and still lost
                            Last edited by funkoligy; 9th January 2018, 22:19.

Comment

Originally posted by fredderf View Post
                              Glad to hear you got it working although I've never heard of different navcores causing this problem.
                              Of course you haven't mentioned what device you have or what version of navcore you're using?

Normally people get the file structure wrong but now you've elaborated a bit more, that doesn't seem to be the case....I think Hamish was right about using clearflash
                              To me, TT's clearflash is akin to MS's reboot (when all else has failed, start again).

Comment

Working...
                              X