The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name), The forum generates income from marketing, adsense, and membership. please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it.

Announcement

Collapse

For Sale

The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name). Please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it. The forum generates income from marketing,
adsense, and membership

See more
See less

Alternatives Bootloader and navcores on a TomTom One V1?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternatives Bootloader and navcores on a TomTom One V1?

Hello

I have 9.170 on my tomtom one V1 but I always have pb when I want to click an A letter
    Not possible to check the A letter in a city or road
    Is there any solution or should I switch to another Navcore?

Someone tell me that 32MB Ultralight Navcore 8562 will be a good choice but I meet the same pbs

I have tested this release and it seems that I always have the same pb with the letters
    Ideed, impossible to click on the A letter
    All the letters, keyboard are incredibly BIG

Remember that I am on a Tomtom One, not a XL one
    So what is the solution ?

DeviceName=TomTom ONE
    DeviceVersionHW=ONE
    DeviceSerialNumber=G1xxxxxxxxxx
    BootLoaderVersion=55244
    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8562
    ApplicationVersion=438269
    CurrentMap=Europe_955_6747
    CurrentMapVersion=955.6747

Map(s):
    L:\Europe_955_6747\

Storage:
    Size 7800MB, Free 4833MB

Do not know how and where I can find the original navcore
    I will test this old one in order to see if the screen is ok and after that will search for a good one for my old one V1
    Perhaps my pb comes from my Bootloader ??

And what is the difference between BL and Navcore ?

And how to restore my TT one V1 from scratch with the initial files ?

Thanks

Re: Alternatives Bootloader and navcores on a TomTom One V1?

I'm affraid you have a hardware problem.
    The latest and best Navcore for your device is to connect to TomTom Home and get an update.
    This Nacore need a patch when you make use of our maps.

My suggestion is to try SE Navcore 9.510 for 32mb devices.
    TomTom GO 910 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5128 Hitachi HDD replaced by SDHC 32GB Class 10
    TomTom Rider v2 - Navcore 9.500 v5 Menu Bootloader 5.5128 32MB available 5.1MB BeNeLux
    TomTom One N14644 Canada 310 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5011
    TomTom on PDA iPAQ 2210 - HAiCOM HI-305III GPS Receiver PCMCIA - Navcore 7.450 Still running some latest maps.
    TomTom on iPhone 4 Google Maps

Comment

my BootLoaderVersion=55244
      I can see that your one is 5.5011
      How can I downgrade mine?

Thanks

Comment

I have deleted / format the SD card
        TT Home 2 install the minimum but without ttgo.bif after rebooting the TT one V1

Help

Comment

Originally posted by u_no_fr View Post
          my BootLoaderVersion=55244
          I can see that your one is 5.5011
          How can I downgrade mine?

Thanks
          Downgrade goes via Bootlader 0.0001 and than the next you really want.
          But mind you, be sure your battery is full charged and/or use also a powersupply.
          TomTom GO 910 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5128 Hitachi HDD replaced by SDHC 32GB Class 10
          TomTom Rider v2 - Navcore 9.500 v5 Menu Bootloader 5.5128 32MB available 5.1MB BeNeLux
          TomTom on PDA iPAQ 2210 - HAiCOM HI-305III GPS Receiver PCMCIA - Navcore 7.450 Still running some latest maps.

Comment

I have deleted / format the SD card
            TT Home 2 install the minimum but without ttgo.bif after rebooting the TT one V1

Help
            Do you mean after the reset and start no ttgo.bif is generated ?
            By the way, it's much better for your SD card not to format it every time, just delete.

Comment

Yes I have deleted everything on the SD
              It just installs a small soft of 8M and nothing else

After the reboot I have the Hand with tomtom written and no ttgo.bif generated

The same with a full format of the SD

I have reinstalled a old version of a buckup and it works again but with the same pb of impossible to choose letter A ... and else of the first column

I have followed this link : http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...html#post94585

But I think that I need to change my Bootloader and my Navcore

Comment

As I wrote before, something must be wrong with your screen
                And I don't think another Bootloader and/or Navcore will solve this problem.
                I think it's better to search for the same device second hand with another error than the screen.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks a lot you ;o)

I will come back to you if need help
                  I do not know if you have links for tuto regarding downgrading/upgrading Bootloader, changing Navecore ...

Thanks so much

Comment

Hi,

that does not work :
                    Touchscreen calibration

So, your TT does no longer give you an "a" when you enter an address or you have to press on weird spots in the menu to select something?
                    It usually means your digitser for the screen is partially faulty but you might be able to "fix" it without buying a new one.
                    All current Navcore can use a texfile "cal.txt", located in the root of the device to override the default calibration of the digitiser.
                    I will base my instruction on that and not on the cilb.txt for older Navcores (little bit different).
                    Ok, how do I know the values for the cal.txt?
                    Start your TT (best after a reset) and when the drums start press and hold the power button - this will show you the Linux status screen with all hardware related info.
                    Row 4 from the top shows your current bootloader, row 4 from the bottom shows the original calibration data of the digitiser.
                    Only the first values are of interest, the rest shows the voltage for the digitiser.
                    As an example from my device:

93 921 147 840
                    The values are:
                    93 = min X
                    921 = max X
                    147 = min Y
                    840 = max Y

One word of advise: the values inside the cal.txt are in a different order!
                    The sequence of the cal.txt is : Max X Min X Max Y Min Y
                    That means the 93 921 147 840 on the status screen translate to 921 93 840 147 inside the cal.txt!
                    With those values the will react exactly the same way as without the cal.txt present, if that is not the case check the values and the place again.
                    Keep in mind this is only an example and you have to use the values as shown on your status screen!

Normal touchscreens use a co-ordinate system and a point calibration, TT prefers to calibrate the start and end of the X- and Y- axis, so be prepared for a lot of reboots and changes inside the cal.txt!
                    I only describe how to calibrate the Y-axis, procedure is identical for the X- axis.
                    As by my example start changing the mx Y value.
                    If you lower the value the reaction on the screen should go down, if you increase the value the reaction should go more to the top of the screen.
                    Change the value by about 50, save the cal.txt in the root of your device and boot the TT.
                    You should notice a little difference already.
                    Try to remember by how much it has changed to get an estimate on how much further you need to change this value only.
                    Once you reach a point were you think it feel ok start the address input with the big keyboard for the finetuning.
                    Hint: If you notice after the changing the max value there is barely any change adjust it by about 200 and try again, if still no real change use the min value to start the calibration.
                    You now change both the min and the max value to get the most accurate result, using a touchpen is a good idea.
                    Only minor changes in the values should made at this stage and only one value at a time, otherwise you might end up messing around.
                    The final check should confirm the menu buttons work fine, all characters and numbers in the screen keyboard are assigned correctly and the zoom buttons in the map screen are working.
                    Don't be too disapointed to notice the keyboard works but the zoom buttons don't - they are very small and in the corners so only a perfect calibration will get them back working.

In case the input is off in both axes you should still start with the Y section to get the height correct before adjusting the x axis.
                    Changing both at the same time makes it really hard to figure out what change caused the reaction on the screen.
                    I hope this will to get your TT going again.

As a real world example:
                    The Y axis on tendriver's X20 was out of calibration & had to be lowered. The original Y values, on the Linux status screen, were: 134 856. After re-calibrating the Y axis back into alignment, the new Y axis values were 460 50. These new values were entered into the cal.txt file.
                    Keep in mind this is only an example, and you have to use the values as shown on your status screen!

ELFa  (  Œ… 4 Ü  4  (    4 4€ 4€ À À    ô ô€ ô€      € € K K  €  L L L < @  €  \ \ \ È È         /lib/ld-linux.so.2    GNU    

² L  ñÿ. Ì„ ˜  3 Ü„   ' ì„  @ ü„ ð  : … Ü  Ÿ L  ñÿi … (  Ž L  ñÿ ,… <  M <… ´  U L… t   \…   F l… œ  T |…   { L  ñÿZ |     __gmon_start__ libc.so.6 ioctl printf fscanf puts malloc abort fread memset fclose fopen _IO_stdin_used __libc_start_main __init_array_start __init_array_end __fini_array_start __fini_array_end GLIBC_2.1 GLIBC_2.0                      ii
                     Ã  ii
                     Í t  x  |  €  „  D  H  L  P  T  X  \ 
                    `  d  h 
                    l  p  à-åD ëi ë ëðäà-åàŸåààð¾åÀŸå Àà ðœål‹ ÀŸå Àà ðœå`‹ ÀŸå Àà ðœåT‹ ÀŸå Àà ðœåH‹ ÀŸå Àà ðœå<‹ ÀŸå Àà ðœå0‹ ÀŸå Àà ðœå$‹ ÀŸå Àà ðœå‹ ÀŸå Àà ðœå ‹ ÀŸå Àà ðœå ‹ ÀŸå Àà ðœåôŠ ÀŸå Àà ðœåèŠ $ÀŸå °*ãä
                    *á -å -å Ÿå0ŸåÀ-åÙÿÿëÔÿÿëÔŒ D‡ xŒ D-é*Ÿå0Ÿå
                    *à0šç Sã „½à*áð*á „½è`Š < 0@-éLPŸå 0Õå Sã0€½@@Ÿå 0”å “å Rã
                    0”å0ƒâ 0„åà*áð*á 0”å “å Rãöÿÿ0*ã 0Åå0€½èˆ T à-åðä Ÿå 0å Sãð* 0Ÿå Sãð*`Þÿê4 à-åðä
                    À*áðØ-é°Lâ0ÐMâP‹âà •è @›åt Ÿå Uá W
                    h Ÿå‚ÿÿë *á0*á*áX Ÿå @å”ÿÿë*ãL Ÿå™ÿÿë PãDŸåH Kâ@ Ÿµ º,P å(` å$@ å p å“ÿÿë 0*á Sã Ÿå Ÿ¥jÿÿëð¨逍 ԍ ð Ž f,@Ž 8Ž `Ž
                    À*á0Ø-é°Lâ0ÐMâ Pã0*ápAŸå@“Å àãhŸå *á$ å å å å}ÿÿë P*á Uã*áDŸå
                    cÿÿë ÀKâ Àå4Ÿå$ÀKâ Kâ0Kâ *áÀåJÿÿë *á\ÿÿë% êŸå Ÿåhÿÿë P*á UãüŸåü Ÿå
                    Nÿÿë *ã8ÿÿë *ã @*á *ãXÿÿë0*á*ã *á *ã7ÿÿë 0*á SãÀ Ÿå´Ÿå
                    =ÿÿë *ã0¨é *á=ÿÿë ”å 0”å ”å”å0 å å  å$ åP0â “è
                    À*á ¬èH@â0 ”èH â è0 ŒèÀå0*á *áÀåÀåÀå ÀåÀå$ÀåÀåuÿÿë *ã0¨é s@ l@ .@„Ž œŽ *Ž ÐŽ ÜŽ ôŽ , 1#â 0áÀ! <ž
                    Àá **ƒÀ’ð*0@-éÄ*ãÆŒã @à Pà 4á 5œ
                    PUà Pe² Ú@„à à0!à "à#à à0!à6Uã0€½ˆãŒÁáã
                    pâ áâãŒ0Ãá6ƒã
                    râ 0ãâ 4áq
                    À*ã%Z°á
                    4ã
                    € °á¬àFDâPUâ
                    àuâ ºÎ*á2%*á.‚áS5*á ê PEâ àŽâ RãάàS%*áC0*á à¡àQâ Z À|â ðâ áâQã :Qã :Qã :¡°á` °álÀ°áÀŒ#F„â¡°á` °álÀ°áÀŒ#F„â¬à ¡â<ã ÀãF„Æ”âH JÁãáá0€½è 1ã
                    0à0* * * *á!È°á(*0ƒÿã$*0ƒã"*0ƒã!*0ƒ ã0ƒ Sâ ª ’â ÚÀ‚â bâ *á1*á ê ‚â ÀbÒ*á0Ñ*ÑJTà×ÿÿÊDJàá@Tâ
                    ª @”â Ê@„â dâ0*á€á1…á0€½è @dâ dâ0*á€á*á0€½è1*á*á0€½è 4ã!F„6#âVE‡ÿÿêÆLâ à 2ጠ* *ãð*á…ãã *ã0€½è 4á* * 50€½FáF’ 1… *0€½è 0ã *ð*0@-éA*ã3F„â P*ã *á *ã¡ÿÿê 0ã *ð*0@-éA*ã3F„âQâ `B *á *ã–ÿÿê€ °á
                    Â*áa*á*áÿ$â
                    ÿ2ã!ð*á *á *ãð*á0@-éC*ãF„âQâÁãƒÿÿêpD-é @*ã@*Ÿå
                    *àþÿë80Ÿå8 Ÿåšç0šç0aàCTáp„½(`*áP*áà*áñ–ç@„âETáúÿÿ„½è¬ƒ @ D 0D-éD*ŸåD0ŸåD Ÿå
                    *àšç0šç0aàCA*á Tã@Dâ
                    P*áà*áñ•ç Tã@Dâúÿÿ0D½è êLƒ H L @-é(0Ÿå å rã@C‽0*áà*áð*á04å sãúÿÿ€½è( à-åðäà-åþÿëðä  Could not obtain good calibration information, skipping touch screen calibration Touch screen calibration: x min %d max %d y min %d max %d
                    /dev/ts Couldn't open TS device Failed to set touch screen calibration Successfully set screen calibration /mnt/sdcard/calib.txt rb Reading touch screen calibration from file %s
                    %d%d%d%d /mnt/flash/sysfile/cal Reading touch screen calibration information from %s
                    Error occured reading from %s
                    0   ¨„
                    p  (  ð‚  À
                    ×    8  `    H„  „  (   þÿÿoðƒ ÿÿÿo ðÿÿoȃ ÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿ \ ¼„ ¼„ ¼„ ¼„ ¼„ ¼„ ¼„ ¼„ ¼„ ¼„ ¼„ ¼„ GCC: (GNU) 3.3.4 GCC: (GNU) 3.3.4 GCC: (GNU) 3.3.4 GCC: (GNU) 3.3.4 GCC: (GNU) 3.3.4 GCC: (GNU) 3.3.4 GCC: (GNU) 3.3.4 GCC: (GNU) 3.3.4 .shstrtab .interp .note.ABI-tag .hash .dynsym .dynstr .gnu.version .gnu.version_r .rel.dyn .rel.plt .init .text .fini .rodata .data .eh_frame .dynamic .ctors .dtors .jcr .got .sbss .bss .comment   ô€ ô         !   ( ( ˜    '  À À 0     /   ð‚ ð ×  7 ÿÿÿo ȃ È &    D þÿÿo ðƒ ð 0    S  „  (    \  H„ H `    e   ¨„ ¨   `   ¼„ ¼ Ð   k   Œ… Œ ä  q   p p
                     w   | |
                    Ï     L L  …   X X      \ \ È    ˜   $ $   Ÿ   , ,   ¦   4 4   «   8 8 P   °   ˆ ˆ  ¶   ˆ ˆ   »  ˆ      Ä 

Comment

I can read on boot Touchscreen calib. data: 84 930 95 880
                      But do not know where it is is the TT one !!!!

Comment

is there a way to overclock cpu via txt config file ?

Comment

I can read on boot Touchscreen calib. data: 84 930 95 880
                          But do not know where it is is the TT one !!!!
                          Read your own last massage, you must create your own calib.txt file.
                          But I'm still wondering if it will help you.

Comment

I did it and write it in the root of the device but nothing better
                            It is stange because same things on my parents TT one V1

Comment

Have a LOOOOOOOKKKK
                              http://www.martin-kolinsky.com/freei...alibration.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X