The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name), The forum generates income from marketing, adsense, and membership. please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it.

Announcement

Collapse

For Sale

The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name). Please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it. The forum generates income from marketing,
adsense, and membership

See more
See less

985.8211 Meta problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 985.8211 Meta problem

Hi all.
    I have downloaded and installed new uk and Ireland map. 985.8211 but tomtom device says I cannot use it on that device.

Is the problem an incorrect meta?If yes how can I overcome the problem ?

Help greatly appreciated

Ian

Re: 985.8211 Meta problem

Originally posted by ianthegolfer View Post
    Hi all.
    I have downloaded and installed new uk and Ireland map. 985.8211 but tomtom device says I cannot use it on that device.

Is the problem an incorrect meta?If yes how can I overcome the problem ?

Help greatly appreciated

Ian
    There is no meta code available yet, till so far only for 985 8155
    TomTom GO 910 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5128 Hitachi HDD replaced by SDHC 32GB Class 10
    TomTom Rider v2 - Navcore 9.500 v5 Menu Bootloader 5.5128 32MB available 5.1MB BeNeLux
    TomTom One N14644 Canada 310 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5011
    TomTom on PDA iPAQ 2210 - HAiCOM HI-305III GPS Receiver PCMCIA - Navcore 7.450 Still running some latest maps.
    TomTom on iPhone 4 Google Maps

Comment

Is that definitely my problem then? I wasn't sure

Comment

Is that definitely my problem then? I wasn't sure
        For the moment it's your only problem.
        These two are available.

AE 1D CD 33 F0 A3 5C AF CE CF 3D DD E0 14 47 2A United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-101059.meta ; United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland 985_8155
        2F D8 CD 5E 05 83 4C 9B B2 73 D1 75 34 95 0B 90 United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-101062.meta ; United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland 985_8158

But what is the reason you want the 985 8211 version ?
        TomTom GO 910 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5128 Hitachi HDD replaced by SDHC 32GB Class 10
        TomTom Rider v2 - Navcore 9.500 v5 Menu Bootloader 5.5128 32MB available 5.1MB BeNeLux
        TomTom on PDA iPAQ 2210 - HAiCOM HI-305III GPS Receiver PCMCIA - Navcore 7.450 Still running some latest maps.

Comment

A friend who has a map update package for the same device, download the latest version of this map, so I thought this would be my best option.

Comment

A friend who has a map update package for the same device, download the latest version of this map, so I thought this would be my best option.
            Depending on your device, another map is also possible
            When you have enough memory, any map with a version number 985 8155 would be the best choice

Watch the compatible chart.

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...tml#post298812

Comment

Yes you could install that map but the problem with that is WE don't have the meta code (serial number) to activate the map as it hasn't been donated yet...and may never be.

If your friend is willing to share his download with you & retrieve his meta code & share it with the community, it would help you & others too.
              It's perfectly safe from his perspective....read more on this page under Menu Items: No. 5

If that's not acceptable then you'll have to look for an alternative map that already has a previously donated meta as pe1agp suggests.

Comment

K. He has been able to get the meta generated. I will post it on forum when I get it from him. Is there a particular place I should post it to when I get it from him.. And should I upload the map as well?

Comment

K. He has been able to get the meta generated. I will post it on forum when I get it from him. Is there a particular place I should post it to when I get it from him.. And should I upload the map as well?
                  Put it somewhere here

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...85-maps-3.html

It's not necessary to upload the map as well

Many thanks in advange

Comment

; United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland v985.8211
                    8A 48 BF 7F 39 88 BA E2 87 69 E2 D1 40 BA 43 8F United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-101103.meta
                    Thank you (and your friend) for the meta...do you know how to transfer that map to your own device?

1. Ensure your UK & ROI 985.8211 map is extracted into it's own folder & resides in the root of your device
                    2. Ensure FastActivate.exe also resides in the root of your device
                    3. Download this file and extract it to the root of your device
                    4. Run FastActivate.exe from the root of your device and select option 2 to patch the map

Done.

Comment

Hi i had the same problem and sorted it, heres how connect your device to the pc and go into the maps folder in there locate Southern europa PNA file and southern europe META file delete these two files then run through the fast activate this worked for me hope this helps, regards paul

Comment

Originally posted by paul160863 View Post
                        Hi i had the same problem and sorted it, heres how connect your device to the pc and go into the maps folder in there locate Southern europa PNA file and southern europe META file delete these two files then run through the fast activate this worked for me hope this helps, regards paul
                        Yes, you're right but those two erroneous files you're talking about relate to UK & ROI 985.8155

We're talking about something else....but thanks anyway

Comment

Many , many thanks for that.

Comment

Many , many thanks for that.
                            My pleasure mate

Comment

Working...
                            X