The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name), The forum generates income from marketing, adsense, and membership. please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it.

Announcement

Collapse

For Sale

The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name). Please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it. The forum generates income from marketing,
adsense, and membership

See more
See less

TomTom XL IQ Routes blocked after navcore update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TomTom XL IQ Routes blocked after navcore update

Hi everybody !

I've got a TomTom XL IQ Routes with the latest navcore 9.510, but my card was getting to hold, so I wanted to do an update. This is not the first time I done that, I've installed lots of maps on differents GPS.
    So with the Europe_South_985_8155, I was not able to activate the map, FastActivate tells me .dct error... Now I know this is just a lake of the correct META code, but to late... I wanted a fresh new install !

I've done this steps :
    - I've done a format in Fat32 (slow format), and TomTom Home wants to apply 8.415, I installed it !
    - After reboot it's stuck on the TomTom startscreen... Impossible to start...
    - With FastActivate I patched the Navcore, and it start !
    - Return to TomTom Home, it want to install the latest navcore 9.510, I installed it ! And it's stuck again !
    - With FastActivate it tells me that the navcore is already patched...

I don't know what to do now, and I'm surprised to see that the official TomTom app can broke my GPS, there is no option to restore from factory with latest navcore in one shot...

Re: TomTom XL IQ Routes blocked after navcore update

Originally posted by iMaxime View Post
    Hi everybody !

I've got a TomTom XL IQ Routes with the latest navcore 9.510, but my card was getting to hold, so I wanted to do an update. This is not the first time I done that, I've installed lots of maps on differents GPS.
    So with the Europe_South_985_8155, I was not able to activate the map, FastActivate tells me .dct error... Now I know this is just a lake of the correct META code, but to late... I wanted a fresh new install !

I've done this steps :
    - I've done a format in Fat32 (slow format), and TomTom Home wants to apply 8.415, I installed it !
    - After reboot it's stuck on the TomTom startscreen... Impossible to start...
    - With FastActivate I patched the Navcore, and it start !
    - Return to TomTom Home, it want to install the latest navcore 9.510, I installed it ! And it's stuck again !
    - With FastActivate it tells me that the navcore is already patched...

I don't know what to do now, and I'm surprised to see that the official TomTom app can broke my GPS, there is no option to restore from factory with latest navcore in one shot...
    I'm affraid you didn't remove all the files from 8.415
    Install 9.510 again, but be sure before you do that, see if PNDNavigator and/or ttsystem are deleted too
    TomTom GO 910 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5128 Hitachi HDD replaced by SDHC 32GB Class 10
    TomTom Rider v2 - Navcore 9.500 v5 Menu Bootloader 5.5128 32MB available 5.1MB BeNeLux
    TomTom One N14644 Canada 310 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5011
    TomTom on PDA iPAQ 2210 - HAiCOM HI-305III GPS Receiver PCMCIA - Navcore 7.450 Still running some latest maps.
    TomTom on iPhone 4 Google Maps

Comment

I've format the TomTom so it has to be clear for a fresh install ?
      So after 8.415 update, I have to delete some files to do the 9.510 update ?
      I've seen on a forum that there is (was) a bug on XL IQ, and the person tells to do 8.415 -> 9.0xx (I don't remember exactly) -> 9.510

Comment

If you delete the contents of the drive, you can download & install NC 9.510 from here

Comment

Originally posted by iMaxime View Post
          I've format the TomTom so it has to be clear for a fresh install ?
          So after 8.415 update, I have to delete some files to do the 9.510 update ?
          I've seen on a forum that there is (was) a bug on XL IQ, and the person tells to do 8.415 -> 9.0xx (I don't remember exactly) -> 9.510
          When you started with an empty system, I'm wondering why you got the message patched already
          When you've used a seconde editon Navcore, sure that one is patched already
          But when you've used a Navcore from the TomTom server, most of the time with an extension .cab, that Navcore need a patch to use one of our maps
          TomTom GO 910 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5128 Hitachi HDD replaced by SDHC 32GB Class 10
          TomTom Rider v2 - Navcore 9.500 v5 Menu Bootloader 5.5128 32MB available 5.1MB BeNeLux
          TomTom on PDA iPAQ 2210 - HAiCOM HI-305III GPS Receiver PCMCIA - Navcore 7.450 Still running some latest maps.

Comment

So tonight I've test again !
            - Fast format in FAT32
            - Scandisk
            - With TomTom HOME, install navcore 8.415, and it start !
            - Update navcore to 9.510, and it still work !
            - Copy new map
            - Run FastActivate and make 1 to 4 actions

I don't really know what I've do better than yesterday, but I'm finally glad to see TomTom work again !
            Thank you for your help

Comment

Your next update will be without problems next time I think

Goodluck anyway

Comment

Working...
              X