The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name), The forum generates income from marketing, adsense, and membership. please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it.

Announcement

Collapse

For Sale

The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name). Please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it. The forum generates income from marketing,
adsense, and membership

See more
See less

Way around TomTom XL Upates / Maps No Longer Supported???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way around TomTom XL Upates / Maps No Longer Supported???

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't a lot of time to search this one, always used the forums guides etc to update / tweak the Mrs's TomTom, haven't done it for a year or so and going away Wednesday night and wanted it updated - surprised when I plugged the unit in and fired up TomTom home and it told me the unit is no longer supported and cant be updated.

Aware its an old unit - but does the job fine - is there a work around? Update the Navcore etc?

Currently its on the standard Navcore and UK&ROI maps - 970_7466.

Would appreciate a quick update as to if anything can be done - sorry I hate to ask - usually spend a few days researching it but really up against the clock with 101 things to do.

What Navcore and map version if this is even an option?

Thanks in advance

Simon

Re: Way around TomTom XL Upates / Maps No Longer Supported???

Originally posted by Woodyz82 View Post
    Currently its on the standard Navcore and UK&ROI maps - 970_7466.
    Replace it with 990.8306, available here :-

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...ollection.html
    Last edited by TomTom12; 22nd May 2017, 21:31. Reason: Typo
    TomTom Tutorials here :-
    http://gpsunderground.com/forum/foru...-tutorials-faq

Comment

Thanks mate?- much appreciated.

Can I / Would I get any benefit in updating the Navcore on this device?
      Last edited by Woodyz82; 22nd May 2017, 23:16.

Comment

Can I / Would I get any benefit in updating the Navcore on this device?
        You don't say which Navcore you are using.
        As you are using a 970.7466 map it would suggest you already have the best for your device 9.510.

Comment

Navcore 9.510 is currently the best for this TT. However you can't use non bought maps with the standard original TT navcore ...... the only way to use new non bought maps is to have the navcore patched, or to replace the existing TT navcore with an already patched version. Don't forget this info - always back up to a pc/laptop via a usb cable before doing anything ..... and you mustn't use TT Home at all or it will revert to the original version and then the unbought maps wont work.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

Navcore is as suggested - 9.510.

Will grab the new maps and speedcams, and run fast activate to patch the lot.

Always used the maps from here - I just used to use TomTom home to find the lastest map version avaialble.

How would I know what the latest map version is now its not supported in TomTom home other than asking the experts on here?

Thanks again.

(ps - any other tweaks availble / worth applying for the XL?)

Comment

Always used the maps from here - I just used to use TomTom home to find the lastest map version avaialble.

How would I know what the latest map version is now its not supported in TomTom home other than asking the experts on here?
              I think the easiest way for you is to go to the map section stickies.
              If you look at the compatibility chart thread you will find 3 fully featured maps listed.
              If you look at the maps collection you will find 5 UK maps listed.
              The map that is in both lists is best for you.

Comment

Hi TomTom12,

Back for a map update, after reading your last reply I think I get what you mean after studying it for a lengthy period of time - too embarrassed to ask!

i think I need for the UK maps, version 1000-8641.

As this is compatible with Navcore 9.5x and supports IQroutes and ALG / CSpeech and CSR / TTS / HNR.

As opposed to say version 1000-8644 which doesn’t support CSpeech / HNR etc?

Have i I got that right?

Thanks

Comment

As everything goes as excpected, there wil be new maps in a few weeks
                  Yes you're right, 1000_8641 are the maps with all features possible.
                  Last edited by pe1agp; 30th January 2018, 15:38.
                  TomTom GO 910 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5128 Hitachi HDD replaced by SDHC 32GB Class 10
                  TomTom Rider v2 - Navcore 9.500 v5 Menu Bootloader 5.5128 32MB available 5.1MB BeNeLux
                  TomTom One N14644 Canada 310 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5011
                  TomTom on PDA iPAQ 2210 - HAiCOM HI-305III GPS Receiver PCMCIA - Navcore 7.450 Still running some latest maps.
                  TomTom on iPhone 4 Google Maps

Comment

what are the new maps for sep 2018 for the xl thanks Dave
                    daft thing is i am still updating my 15 year old sony nav-u 50 running igo8
                    Last edited by davenetv; 9th September 2018, 10:42.

Comment

I cant understand why TT still produce new maps with size under 500 MB (UK & ROI, Eastern Europe etc.), but many months is no one model old or new, to which this can be officially buyed. Last release for under 500MB models is 9.80, but again in this release four versions of 1015 maps for EasterEurope, size 250 - 400 MB..Maybe for android phones?

Comment

Working...
                      X