The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name), The forum generates income from marketing, adsense, and membership. please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it.

Announcement

Collapse

For Sale

The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name). Please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it. The forum generates income from marketing,
adsense, and membership

See more
See less

QuickGPSFix for android?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuickGPSFix for android?

Hello guys,
    I have a 4.2.1 smartphone and installed a TomTom 1.3 with Europe 920 map and everything is fine except the fact that it is frequently losing gps signal and starts searching for it over and over again. When the 3G is enabled, everything is fine, but when I turn it off it goes blind. So is there something like the QuickGPSFix that is used on the portable tomtom devices that could be used on the android devices and how can I avoid this searching for GPS signal every 1 or 2 minutes? Thank you.

Re: QuickGPSFix for android?

Download for free from Play Store under GPS, GpsFix, FasterGPS and check GPS Status. Good luck.

Comment

I have never needed QuickGPSFix as I use my device for sport tracking quite often
      cvaniak
      ------------------------------------
      TT GO730
      Navcore: 9.510
      Maps: Europe_920.5241

Comment

I wil give fast gps a try thanks, i am thriying somting whit 5 new post to get my maps from tomtom exquise me !

Comment

But how can you speed up the GPS fix with GPS Android? Thank you.

Comment

Simple and clear answer for this.

I use TomTom on my S4 ONLY via GPS.
            NO internet connection as i do not use it or pay for it as not needed and it basically just tracking you anyway.
            As i am a private person, i love this tomtom as it runs perfectly on just gps.

Download FASTERGPS from playstore.
            Install it.

Have just GPS on

Start FASTERGPS

Where it say's CONTINENT:- Tap it and select for example EUROPE as i am in uk.

Where it say's REGION:- Tap it and select for example UNITED KINGDOM

It will say at bottom of screen soon after you select REGION:- GPS.CONF WAS SUCCESSFULLY WRITTEN.

That's it, Now start tomtom and it will pickup a signal very quickly.
            TomTom ONE v2 UK & IRE v925.5412

Comment

Peddersgolf

Is your S4 rooted as I think that your phone needs to be to use this app as it requires superuser access, which a non rooted will not have. I have a rooted phone and when you run FasterGPS it asks for superuser access to allow it to do what is necessary therefore this might be misleading to some people.

Comment

The topic starter doesn't tell which smartphone he owns.
                Some cheaper or older chinese phones have MTK chips that cause troubles fixing GPS, I experienced with a phone with a MTK6577 chip.
                I now have a phone with MTK6589T chip, that fixes faster, but still worse than a small old Samsung Galaxy Young.

Comment

I have a Chinese smartphone with a MTK6572 chip in it and I have installed Tomtom 1.3 and the 925 map and I have used it on 40 mile trips and I have not had any problem with picking up a satellite signal or with it losing signal. As I have said in my earlier post my phone is rooted and with FasterGPS loaded onto it but even before I installed FasterGPS the Tomtom app picked up a satellite OK but generally you will find that on first use of the app it can take a while to get a lock onto a satellite but after that it should be quicker. I do have a Samsung Galaxy Ace plus phone that would have difficulty picking up a satellite signal and if it did it would just lose it on quite a few occasions and it turned out that the GPS chip was giving up on life and when I changed to my wifes old identical phone it was perfect again, so it could be that your GPS chip is packing up.

Comment

i only need quick fix for my old samsung galaxy s i9000, newer phones dont need them.
                    my s2 and my s4 works fine without.

br stupsi99

Comment

I've used many MTKxxxx china-phones.
                      With Mobileuncle (rooted or unrooted phone) you can make faster your GPS fix.
                      Here my guide (I'm not responsable of damage for bad usage of this program due to it's big potentiality)
                      Attached Files

Comment

I tried fastergps and now it's faster to fix. My Galaxy S3 became slow to fix. Now is almost ok.

Comment

I recommend https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...b.gpsfix&hl=pl

Comment

Working...
                          X