Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Navcore + Maps for HTC HD2

hi everyone,

Its big world here... too hard to find precise information.

After searching for about 4 hours or more downloading 2-3 maps and all. i just gaveup!

Can someone please post the links no the topic plz......

for Latest navigation program + MAPS for HTC HD2.

Appreciate ur help and thanks in advance.

Super

Re: Latest Navcore + Maps for HTC HD2

Heres a link to the latest tomtom navigator for your phone courtesy of jarkita, his thread is also stickied.

Code:
    http://kxmxwx.link-protector.com
    What map do you need, basic things help people to help you.
    Last edited by matty538; 16th June 2010, 14:33.

Comment

Thanks for the navcore i have that one just wondering why do PDA's still use v7.XXX why can't we use 8 or 9?

i need some latest maps more interactive and clear in direction.

I need UK and central EU maps.

Thanks for ur help and information
      cheers

Comment

PDA's do not use a navcore, since a navcore is a portable LINUX version with a navigator application.
        WinCE and WinMobile PDA's do not run Linux but only the navigator which is ported to WIndows.
        Since Tomtom does not see the PDA market as a profitable one (except for the iPhone apparently) they have not continued work on newer Navigators for Winmobile.
        The latest ones however do run the newest maps. Just not with all bells and whistles that PNA navcores do.
        In essence, you can use all 850.2820 maps or 845.2666 maps when the 850 version for your area is not available yet.

Comment

Thanks HEJX,

that clears the whole misunderstanding.

I was jut in need of new maps, as i can't enjoy maps so i thought i'd get some updates, didn't know what to update, but not u have cleared it all

Dont know why aren't they updating for HTC but they should at least make them such way so that htc can use it ...

cheers once again for the info

btw i couldnt' find 850.2820 maps any chance on uploading it @ 4shared.com?

or torrent link anything but rapidshare wud do

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by suepermaster View Post

btw i couldnt' find 850.2820 maps any chance on uploading it @ 4shared.com?
            or torrent link anything but rapidshare wud do
            I don't have or upload any new map files, but when I need maps, I usually use newsgroups (Usenet). For Torrents, it's best to use google.

Comment

you can also use 850.2801, I believe it has slightly more detail.
              Navigator does seem to be updated from time to time, as my ttn is 915.9196, its just they seem behind the navcores.
              Its a shame as I believe even tomtom for iphone has ALG

Comment

850.2782 seems to be the largest 850 map so far (1.67 GB) for PDA, but waiting for 850.2824 and hope this is simular to 845.2647 (1.96 GB) as I still use on my HD2 );

Have found W&C Europe 850.2801 (2.02 GB) as works perfect with TomTom 7.917.9186 ):
                Last edited by steinom; 26th June 2010, 14:17.

Comment

anyone have latest links to tomtom for windows 6.5 - I have just updates my ipaq and have lost all my progs??

Comment

Hi matty538
                    The link seems to be broken
                    Greetings

Comment

im having issues with activating a map on my hd2. ive installed TomTom Navigator 7.918.9193 QVGA.7z and the free map that it offers (london). the program runs fine and i get the 'no voices loaded' message at the start. but it the map installation process i dont understand. its repeated numerous times on this forum with a useful download (activator, alberts easy activator, fastactivate etc) i used fastactivate to obtain my meta text but that was as far as i could go.

i tried the guides and found there to be too much jargon so was using 'chillycats' guide as it was written for the htc hd touch. i have an hd2 but it is compatible with wimo 6.5. i managed to get the device ID with easyusetoolsand got as far as copying the meta text but the operation saying i need 2 lines is unclear. (example above is not listed in the guide) so i dont know exactly what to copy and it doesnt tell you where to paste it.

so im stuck here. ive yet to locate the correct map but downloading/extracting and copying to ???? location is also unclear. anyone fancy helping a newbie. im learning pretty quickly thanks to the guide on here but have hit a wall now and need a little help. cheers

Comment

anyone fancy helping? not been able to finish this for a few weeks now as my phone needed repairing but still having trouble.

Comment

Working...
                        X