Go 730

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go 730

hello i am trying to update a tomtom go 730.
    i replaced the navcore , but the divice does not work.
    it uses internal and sd.
    placed the navcore on internal including a map.
    activated them with fastactivate.
    device keeps asking for sd.

can anyone help me

Some devices refuse to use both internal as wel the external SD card.
    Clean the internal and put everything on the SD card, with the right Bootloader you must be able to use SDHC cards up till 32GB Class 10

TomTom GO 910 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5128 Hitachi HDD replaced by SDHC 32GB Class 10
    TomTom Rider v2 - Navcore 9.500 v5 Menu Bootloader 5.5128 32MB available 5.1MB BeNeLux
    TomTom One N14644 Canada 310 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5011
    TomTom on PDA iPAQ 2210 - HAiCOM HI-305III GPS Receiver PCMCIA - Navcore 7.450 Still running some latest maps.
    TomTom on iPhone 4 Google Maps

Comment

Any x20/x30/x40/x50 can run both together "manage maps/switch maps" between internal & SD card. They will always boot up to & run the map on the card if inserted prior to starting, otherwise it will boot to the internal.
      All you need is a copy of your ttgo.bif (needed for initial map activation only) and a new map folder on the card (provided it's activated of course) as you don't need the navcore too on these devices

Maybe try a hard reset (holding down power button till you hear the drumroll) or run clearflash.exe 3 times allowing a reboot after each run. https://www27.zippyshare.com/v/Tibt96Vg/file.html
      Last edited by biggerdave; 10th January 2019, 12:39.

Comment

if i only want to use the sd cart without the internal.
        what boatloder do i use , and what navcore?
        i still have the ttgo.bif file in backup.
        when i put the backup from pc to tomtom it doesnt work anymore.
        like the is nothing on te divice.
        how do i reinstall averything from scratch.?

Last edited by supersjaak; 10th January 2019, 18:20.

Comment

The bootloader is already on your device. Internal. And is always used before connecting with internal or external memory,

Comment

Don't worries about your ttgo.bif file, when you don't have it anymore your device will write a new ttgo.bif file
            Everytime you change something it wil be wrtitten in the ttgo.bi f file
            Yoy may also edit this file an you'll find very easy several things you want to know.
            Forexample you'll find which bootloader is in use, which navcore was in use, your last location and much more of these things.
            Depending on which bootloader is possible to use above 2gb when your bootloader is at least version 5,5022
            I may expect you're Dutch ?
            TomTom GO 910 - Navcore 9.510 Bootloader 5.5128 Hitachi HDD replaced by SDHC 32GB Class 10
            TomTom Rider v2 - Navcore 9.500 v5 Menu Bootloader 5.5128 32MB available 5.1MB BeNeLux
            TomTom on PDA iPAQ 2210 - HAiCOM HI-305III GPS Receiver PCMCIA - Navcore 7.450 Still running some latest maps.

Comment

yes i am dutch
              according ttgo.bif
              the bootloader version is 55120
              ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8398
              ApplicationVersion=1917

how do i proceed?

Comment

8.398 is a very old TRUCK navcore so unless you're wanting to run a truck map (in which case you should be using the current truck navcore 9.702) you're using the wrong navcore. Try using a patched 9.541 from https://gpsunderground.com/forum/for...y-nav2-devices
                55120 is sufficient to run bigger SD cards on older devices but your x30 will run these without worrying a bout bootloaders

Comment

ok i downloaded the file.
                  unpacked it and i placed this on internal.
                  it starts up again.
                  i installed tthome, but this not supports any updates.
                  how do i proceed?

when i put a map and fastactivate on it and run these.
                  The tomtom says there are no voices installed. and then the tomtom crasches/feezes.

please help?
                  Last edited by supersjaak; 13th January 2019, 18:55.

Comment

There is no need to use of TomTom Home anymore.
                    Did you read your mailbox already ?

Comment

Working...
                    X