Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TomTom 910, which navcore?

Hi!

I have a TomTom 910 with stock 7.903 navcore (updated from HOME), however, I want to use all the fancy functions like Lane Assist and IQ routes, which navcore will fit my unit best?
    (I would be sad to loose TMC function and such...)

Re: TomTom 910, which navcore?

Hi,

I recommend you my present navcore. NC 9.101 is working on my device for two weeks without any problem.
    IQ routes, snapshot, mp3 player, picture viewer works fine.
    Should work on your device too.
    Don't forget a full backup before update!
    Good luck!

Go 710, nc 9.101.516023.2, Europe.v.845.2670, Boot 5.5259
    Go 710, nc 9.205.547817.1, Europe 920.5241, Boot 5.5259 on 16 GB SanDisk Ultra SDHC card

Comment

Originally posted by ato View Post
      ... NC 9.101 is working on my device for two weeks without any problem.
      Really?
      Have you the autoswitching Day/Night ?

Comment

Now I just tried first.
        I can confirm that autoswitching Day/Night doesn't work but anyway I newer preferred it.

Go 710, nc 9.101.516023.2, Europe.v.845.2670, Boot 5.5259
        Go 710, nc 9.205.547817.1, Europe 920.5241, Boot 5.5259 on 16 GB SanDisk Ultra SDHC card

Comment

I use 9.026 with x40 emulation, 845-2645 W&CE map, copied fm2010parameters & fmsignal files from backup to TT root and put a \mp3 folder in TT root (for TT Jukebox), RDS/TMC works.

Comment

Thank you guys, I'll get right to testing the solution with the copying of the FM parameters from the backup!

Hmm, I still cannot make TMC work whatever I do, anyone have some suggestion?
            And 9.101 is very slow on my GO910, is there another navcore that is better?

And could anyone post exactly how to run the unit in x40 mode?
            I don't seem to make it work when I try following the txt files that accompany the navcore downloads...
            Last edited by jarkita; 3rd June 2010, 20:42. Reason: posts merged

Comment

want to bring up this thread since i am thinking about updating navcore on my go910 for the same exact reason as original poster. Since the last post here is almost a year ago - any new navcores with new features that work well on go 910 ? Also can someone link me to complete instructions on how to update navcore from the start? I would really love to completely format the internal(20GB) HDD and start fresh(since i havent done that ever (since i got it 6 years ago)(amazing unit by the way(the only one with such a large HDD i could find) and still sells for $490 on amazon here. When i compare with new units i feel them to be inferior to this 6 year old gem. Sorry for offtop

Comment

TT GO910 - using NC-9205, boot 4.8600, TMC, remote control - OK!
                TT GO 910; boot 4,86; NC 9.205;
                COLORADO 300;

Comment

Any is good I think.

Comment

I`m running 8.417, WE 2GB 865_3245. I tried an early V9 Navcore but found it was too slow to use. The map redraw was unuseable. The 8.417 is the slickest navcore I`ve used, but i`m tempted to try the newer V9 one if there are options to make it run quick enough to be useable...

Comment

Originally posted by Violator View Post
                      Really?
                      Have you the autoswitching Day/Night ?
                      I think the options are:
                      x40 - jukebox, no auto day/night
                      x50 - no jukebox, auto day/night.
                      I use x40 and auto dim with nc 9.051

Comment

I've been using 9.151.605385.2, Boot 5.5242, without single problem.
                        Just update the Map v865.3245. No Problem also.

Comment

My post #5 should still apply, although 9.026 gave me ginormous problems after loading June's W&CE map - due to my NOT reading/preventing an update from TTHome immediately after the map update (and activation)- I think it was a changedownload of navcore which screwed things up - I should have unticked the option. I now use navcore 9.051, "official" with patched ttsystem.

Comment

so the latest reported working by Ragulin is 9205 then? I am using 9.026 with Boot: 5.5130 and all seems to work(except i keep getting TMC(or something like that) connected message in top right corner of screen every 1-5 mins when driving(no clue what that is). Would love to try a 9.2xx navcore(or the latest possible like v10) - any differences with 9.026 or about the same and not worth the risk of bricking the device?

Comment

after investigating a bit further i see that higher number doesnt mean latest navcore. Looks like latest navcore here on forum is 9.061? All according to this - http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...-navcores.html

Comment

Working...
                              X