The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name), The forum generates income from marketing, adsense, and membership. please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it.

Announcement

Collapse

For Sale

The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name). Please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it. The forum generates income from marketing,
adsense, and membership

See more
See less

Best Navcore to replace 7.9 in GO910

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Navcore to replace 7.9 in GO910

Hi Folks!

While my 'Old' GO910 continues to roll along it seems to be getting more difficult to be able to update the maps that I have loaded as the Meta Files are not available for the newer maps.

Eg. 940.5966 Europe 2Gb. Map is there but no meta file.

Can anyone recommend a more recent Navcore that they have installed on a GO910 that works with later version maps please?

Thanks

Re: Best Navcore to replace 7.9 in GO910

Traveller63 ...... I have a TT910 and a TT710 ...... I use navcore 9540 and have found it the best one. This version shuts down the TT properly and doesn't run down the battery quite so fast when its 'off' like some of the others do.

Comment

Have used this one for a long time on go910
      http://gpsunderground.com/forum/tomt...20-go-x30.html
      Last edited by tomdip; 9th March 2015, 09:47.

Comment

Hi Guys!

Thanks, I have downloaded both so will try them and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by bungie View Post
          Traveller63 ...... I have a TT910 and a TT710 ...... I use navcore 9540 and have found it the best one. This version shuts down the TT properly and doesn't run down the battery quite so fast when its 'off' like some of the others do.
          Hi bungie!

Having now got the 9540.2 Navcore I have to ask if you used a Navcore Installer Program to load it as the only ones listed seem to come with pre-loaded Navcores of which the 9450 is not one?

I also have to ask if you changed the 'Boot Loader'?

And finally if your GO910 now still uses CSpeech & ASR as the 9450 seems to defer to ALQ?

Thanks

Comment

There's no installer program needed, copy all the navigator files to the root of the harddisk. The bootloader don't need updated because it can handle the internal 20GB harddisk. Newer bootloader are usefull on older Tomtom who can't handle larger SDcards.
            Last edited by Mauritsz; 26th June 2015, 15:33.
            Tomtom Go 600 and Lifetime Maps and Traffic
            Map Europe v.951.6592
            Sold: Tomtom Go 630 with RDS/TMC receiver
            Backup: Samsung Galaxy S3 with TomTom Android Navigator
            Museum: Tomtom One 1st edition
            Antique: HP Ipaq PDA, ext. GPS receiver and TomTom Navigator version 1

Comment

Working...
            X