Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TomTom One XL NavCore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TomTom One XL NavCore

    I have a TomTom One XL Version 1 and this is the best working Version Navcore I have found.
    It was in another Language by default but I have changed it to English.

    Re-Uploaded ONE_XL_SD_8.562_SE (Eng) and have added FastActivate1.7

    Working with Australia_860_3101 Maps


    Tested on
    TomTom One XL Version 1
    TomTom XL 30 series
    Last edited by DND; 23rd November 2010, 21:52.

  • #2
    Re: TomTom One XL NavCore

    Hi,

    So, what does this offer over the standard 8.010 Navcore ?

    Thanks

    Rock Lob

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: TomTom One XL NavCore

      I have also tested it on a TomTom XL 30 series and working great

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: TomTom One XL NavCore

        OK, according to the table, there are no 850 Australian maps. Mine is 845.2662.
        So, what do you get running 845 maps on an 8.5 navcore ? Just pretty menu's ?

        Thanks.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: TomTom One XL NavCore

          This is working on TT One.

          Loaded this so that I could use Australia_855_2884

          The Australia 855-2883 map would supposedly work with the standard Navcore but as yet there is no Meta available for it.

          Hence I went for this threads Navcore so that I could load 855-2884

          Thanks DND

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: TomTom One XL NavCore

            Hi all, I'm new to this and not sure if I'm asking in the right place.

            I have a TomTom One XL - 1GB. I'm downloading the North_America_2GB_850_2781 maps and the ONE_XL_SD_8.562_SE (Eng) navcore. I've watched the video tutorials and feel confident I'll be able to do everything on the software end, I'm just unsure if I'm beginning with the correct maps and navcore. Another concern of mine is that I'm downloading the maps and they are 1.6 GB and I'm assuming that the 1GB in the device name means there is only 1GB of memory. Do I have to use an SD card? If so then is there a tutorial for that, everything I've read and seen has you put the maps directly onto the device.

            My current settings are:

            TT One XL - 1GB
            App 8.010 (9369/080529)
            32 MB RAM
            GPS v1.21 Boot 5.3026
            Map: 'USA_and_Canada' v710.1575

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: TomTom One XL NavCore

              Originally posted by amf45 View Post
              Hi all, I'm new to this and not sure if I'm asking in the right place.

              I have a TomTom One XL - 1GB. I'm downloading the North_America_2GB_850_2781 maps and the ONE_XL_SD_8.562_SE (Eng) navcore. I've watched the video tutorials and feel confident I'll be able to do everything on the software end, I'm just unsure if I'm beginning with the correct maps and navcore. Another concern of mine is that I'm downloading the maps and they are 1.6 GB and I'm assuming that the 1GB in the device name means there is only 1GB of memory. Do I have to use an SD card? If so then is there a tutorial for that, everything I've read and seen has you put the maps directly onto the device.

              My current settings are:

              TT One XL - 1GB
              App 8.010 (9369/080529)
              32 MB RAM
              GPS v1.21 Boot 5.3026
              Map: 'USA_and_Canada' v710.1575
              To use a 2GB map you would need to use an SD card. You need a 2GB high speed (60x or higher). For any SDHC card (I would not use anything lower than a class 4), you would need to patch your system to allow it to read them.

              Then you can play all you want on the SD card. When you pull it out, you'll be back to the original map and navcore.
              °(((=((===°°°(((===========================================

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: TomTom One XL NavCore

                Ok this works nice on a 2gb north american maps on a tomtom one xl but as soon as a do a mod it hangs on the tomtom screen , if i just do a reboot after it works it also hangs on the tomtom screen , any way to fix this ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: TomTom One XL NavCore

                  The link isn't working for me, can someone try and DL again to try it pls?

                  Thanks for the upload OP.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: TomTom One XL NavCore

                    Thanks!!!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: TomTom One XL NavCore

                      Originally posted by wirelezz View Post
                      Ok this works nice on a 2gb north american maps on a tomtom one xl but as soon as a do a mod it hangs on the tomtom screen , if i just do a reboot after it works it also hangs on the tomtom screen , any way to fix this ?
                      HI
                      Try to reset your TT
                      If you have downloaded a new map then you have to patch it

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: TomTom One XL NavCore

                        I also have an old tomtom one xl version one with a SD slot. I have found the best navcore to be SE 9.101.516023.2. It works great giving Advanced Lane Guidance, IQ routes, Advanced Speech recognition, using maps with these features included (see charts). I am using the internal memory and bog standard 2GB SD cards and find no difference using a class 6 card I have.
                        To get computer speech reading out street names etc I had to add the "Vocalizer" file and the Serena voice as instructed by Megalos. I am currently using a 8.45.2702 map on a card and a uk 855 map on the internal (1GB) memory. See "Install TTS Vocalizer on TT 3rd edition" for voice instruction. I couldn't get the standard "LoquendoTTS" speech file to work, which I put down to the limited 32mb memory on this unit. It works fine on my 3 month old XL IQ Routes with 64mb.
                        For newbies, you also have to load the navcore files onto each SD card as well as the map. The SD card takes over your unit when inserted and your tomtom goes back to the internal memory navcore and map when the card is removed.
                        Last edited by aussiemike; 18th September 2010, 20:27.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: TomTom One XL NavCore

                          But how to patch this then?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: TomTom One XL NavCore

                            Originally posted by su_A_ve View Post
                            To use a 2GB map you would need to use an SD card. You need a 2GB high speed (60x or higher). For any SDHC card (I would not use anything lower than a class 4), you would need to patch your system to allow it to read them.

                            Then you can play all you want on the SD card. When you pull it out, you'll be back to the original map and navcore.

                            But how to patch it then?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: TomTom One XL NavCore

                              Originally posted by kevmeth View Post
                              But how to patch it then?
                              Kev do you mean how to patch the ttsystem file on your SD card?
                              When you put a map on an SD card for a TomTom one XL you have to put the Navcore system files in the route of the SD card as well as the Map. So in the route of your SD card you should see the ttsystem file of the navcore.
                              Put your card in an SD card reader in a USB port (I use a Poundland one)
                              Start EasyActivator
                              Go to step 6 (Patch my TomTom System File(s))
                              An "Open" box will appear
                              Browse to Your SD card and choose your "TTsystem" file in the route and open.
                              You should then get a message that your system file has been cracked.
                              This will mean that your navcore system will read any map on the card that has been cracked using easyactivator and the appropriate meta file (ie a dct file has been produced and added into the map folder)
                              When you insert your card your tomtom and switch on, it will read the system on the SD card and start up.

                              (Note: "SE" navcore ttsystem files are normally precracked and dont need the above procedure.)
                              Last edited by aussiemike; 20th September 2010, 11:04.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X