The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name), The forum generates income from marketing, adsense, and membership. please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it.

Announcement

Collapse

For Sale

The owner is retiring, its time to let go of this awesome community to someone else who can continue the journey. This forum is for sale ( vBulletin license and domain name). Please send your REASONABLE offer to ibro0079@gmail.com if you are interested in buying it. The forum generates income from marketing,
adsense, and membership

See more
See less

Windows s/w & Maps section

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows s/w & Maps section

With the emergence of more and more usable (fast, decently equipped, internal GPS antenna, reasonably priced) Windows 8 tablets I believe (and propose) that the bosses implement a section with s/w and maps for windows-based systems. I am referring to "real" windows (xp, 7, 8.x, etc), not mobile, ce etc. The convenience of carrying the essentials of your pc with you, business apps that just don't exist for the most popular portable OS's (android, iOS), even elementary ones such as MS Access, potential for installing the same real applications, has matured enough to make them an ideal on-the-road choice for everyone rather than just truckers and travelling salesmen.

I propose that this is implemented as suggested, at the "Systems" level, an alternative system to Garmin, iGo, Navigon, TomTom, etc., rather than having a Windows section in each of the others.

I am contemplating the migration to a Win8 tablet (from Android) for the reasons above (it's practically devided irrespective of viable navi solution) and have been surprised (and disappointed/frustrated at the shortage of options for navigation solutions).

Re: Windows s/w & Maps section

Maps are gone

Comment

Re: Windows s/w & Maps section

Yep and we are all waiting to see if maybe we have to pay or not?

Comment

Working...
      X